Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Kai

Morbius wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 5:07 pm
Kai wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 5:01 pm
Why so nervous? 🃏

I'm brimming with confidence and have full faith in our Brazilian forwards.
Oh those lovely silky Brazilians.... How you can depend on them when you really need them

Brazil 1 Germany 7.... :D
Confidence lads! A fool's substitute for intelligence.

Morbius

Kai wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 5:19 pm
Morbius wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 5:07 pm
Kai wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 5:01 pm
Why so nervous? 🃏

I'm brimming with confidence and have full faith in our Brazilian forwards.
Oh those lovely silky Brazilians.... How you can depend on them when you really need them

Brazil 1 Germany 7.... :D
Confidence lads! A fool's substitute for intelligence.

The event.... 2019 CL Semi final 2nd leg.
Location..... Anfield... England
Scoreline......Barcelona 3 Liverpool 0
Pre match.....Valverde looks at his trio of Latin Americans of Messi.. Suarez.... Coutinho and says... We're probably through lads but just one away goal if you don't mind should do us nicely as it could get nervy here. I know you won't let me down.

THE LESSON.... Never trust South Americans :D
Morbius

Anyway Mane and Salah are African so it's a moot point. It's Williams and Phillips I'd be more concerned about especially with Burnleys movement at set pieces

Liverpool could do with an early goal but I've already laid them and will defo be trading this in play.
Derek27

Spurs just scored when I realised I was watching the wrong match. :lol:
MemphisFlash

Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trader Pat

. . ..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kai

And... unclench!

Only kidding, never in doubt! 8-)
Trader Pat

I was surprisingly Zen until Firmino scored the opener then I got nervous!

Vodka definitely helped though! :D
Morbius

As a neutral... This seems done and dusted. Tonight was the big one for me. A tight turf Moor with fans was an awkward one. I think the momentum will take them over the line now. That Alisson header OMG :shock:

It's a shame because in years to come nobody will remember this sequence of events... Now imagine if this led to a 2022 CL win just like Leicester winning the league in 2016 after the great escape the previous season :D
Kai

Morbius wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 11:25 pm
As a neutral... This seems done and dusted. Tonight was the big one for me. A tight turf Moor with fans was an awkward one. I think the momentum will take them over the line now. That Alisson header OMG :shock:

It's a shame because in years to come nobody will remember this sequence of events... Now imagine if this led to a 2022 CL win just like Leicester winning the league in 2016 after the great escape the previous season :D
My thoughts exactly, this was the biggest hurdle, Burnley with fans and Liverpool playing into their hands with 2 young CBs against endless long balls and crosses. But was pretty confident the boys weren't going to let that emotional Alisson goal go to waste at this point. Probably some value on the other side now, Roy Hodgson still has a chance of being the party pooper but Anfield with fans will feel cathartic for the players so hoping for an absolute rout.

I'll be gutted for Leicester if they drop out once again at the very end but the cup is a fitting reward for all the fantastic work.
Trader Pat

I'm still not counting any chickens....

We're top of the form table and have won four in a row BUT if we played those four games in any other order I don't think we'd have won them all, we were very very lucky at times even last night.

If we do finish in the Top 4 I think a special thank you should go to the Utd fans who 'stormed' Old Trafford. If it wasn't for their stupidity that game would have went ahead and I don't think we would have beaten them. Interesting that the only Utd fan protests happened when they played us 🤔
Kai

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 12:05 pm
If we do finish in the Top 4 I think a special thank you should go to the Utd fans who 'stormed' Old Trafford. If it wasn't for their stupidity that game would have went ahead and I don't think we would have beaten them. Interesting that the only Utd fan protests happened when they played us 🤔
It's how I feel as well, think I mentioned it beforehand that they could be doing as a favor, when I looked at the schedules. It's been a remarkable turn of events, but like Carl said nobody will remember it really if it doesn't end with a trophy. They'll just remember the Ali header :o
Trader Pat

Kai wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 12:09 pm
They'll just remember the Ali header :o

Gotta be a shoo in for goal of the month!
Morbius

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 12:22 pm
Kai wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 12:09 pm
They'll just remember the Ali header :o

Gotta be a shoo in for goal of the month!
Actually I should know better than to call anything "done and dusted" in the PL and said more in the fact that as a neutral I am not emotionally attached but if I supported them I would be getting nervous the closer it got to the Palace kick off.

If its Prem goals only then what's going to touch it but what a goal to win a cup final. I've seen some amazing last day things in my time including Celtic being 3pts behind Hearts in the SPL and seven goals worse off. The hoops won 5-0 while Hearts lost 2-0 :shock:

But momentum is everything and Liverpool have it but they also have enough big game players to get the job done against a safe journeyman Palace team. But it could still get nervy. I laid the draw in Burnley vs Liverpool as goals were almost a formality. Burnley have lost their defensive cohesion and was why they got done by Leeds while Liverpool look like they could concede at any stage.

Offset my lay loss on Liverpool but laying the draw has got to be profitable for the Palace game and Villa vs Chelsea and Leicester vs Tottenham... Expect goals in them all.

Why or why did I not back myself with championship play offs. They looked nailed on for under 2.5 goals but just don't have the confidence when I can't feel the price.
Dallas

Any Liverpool fan who wants to relieve the horrors of their worst night at 23:10 ITV are showing extended highlights on the final game of the 88/89 season against Arsenal!

Return to “Football trading”