Today's Greyhounds

We've gone to the dogs.
Safeway

I always thought making money on greyhounds was impossible. It would be great though to have something that worked with there being so many races.

Looking back at posts over a few years, there was a guy telling us to look for gaps in the back side and fill them with lay bets. Not sure what happened to him....he left or got kicked out or something. Maybe some people are doing something like him but that's none of my business.

Anyway, with my automation skills (or lack of) I have finally produced something which is doing this ie. placing lay bets in gaps on the back side below the current back price. I did intend to green just before the off but I'm not.....I sat looking at the screen for a day and found very few opportunities to green for anything other than a tiny value and often no opportunity to green at all. A bit disappointed by this I just let the thing run.

Shock.......it seems to work :) Small stakes, hopefully a bit more than I'm doing now but small stakes it will stay....unless I bin it of course :evil:

But why would this approach work? OK, I'm first in the queue at certain prices but so what? Also, to have any matched bets the price on a runner (I'm potentially laying any of the six or however many) has to shorten which would often indicate a dog with a good chance....and I'm laying it!

Any thoughts welcome.
Fugazi

Safeway wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:29 pm
I always thought making money on greyhounds was impossible. It would be great though to have something that worked with there being so many races.

Looking back at posts over a few years, there was a guy telling us to look for gaps in the back side and fill them with lay bets. Not sure what happened to him....he left or got kicked out or something. Maybe some people are doing something like him but that's none of my business.

Anyway, with my automation skills (or lack of) I have finally produced something which is doing this ie. placing lay bets in gaps on the back side below the current back price. I did intend to green just before the off but I'm not.....I sat looking at the screen for a day and found very few opportunities to green for anything other than a tiny value and often no opportunity to green at all. A bit disappointed by this I just let the thing run.

Shock.......it seems to work :) Small stakes, hopefully a bit more than I'm doing now but small stakes it will stay....unless I bin it of course :evil:

But why would this approach work? OK, I'm first in the queue at certain prices but so what? Also, to have any matched bets the price on a runner (I'm potentially laying any of the six or however many) has to shorten which would often indicate a dog with a good chance....and I'm laying it!

Any thoughts welcome.
Ive tried it before and dont recall it worked. But to be fair cant remember if i let it run. Letting it run is always better value than greening. By greening youre always taking a shit price someone is happy to offer.

You are at risk of getting stung with a rapid drifter / shortening. Possibly keep a close eye and cancel if you see it shooting rapidly in a direction.
MemphisFlash

Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fugazi

MemphisFlash wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:43 pm
Capture.PNG
That your own prediction model? Just finishing my own currently
MemphisFlash

much better layout

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MemphisFlash

Capture.PNG
Capture1.PNG
MemphisFlash

The evolution is complete
Capture.PNG
sniffer66

MemphisFlash wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:54 am

Capture.PNG
Once "Australian" is spell checked ;)
MemphisFlash

sniffer66 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:10 am
MemphisFlash wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:54 am

Capture.PNG
Once "Australian" is spell checked ;)
corrected , thank you
MemphisFlash

which is better, grey or blue

Capture1.PNG
Capture.PNG
wearthefoxhat

Prefer Blue.
Fugazi

Hah, I was going to say I find grey slightly more readable / easier on the eyes
MemphisFlash

went with the blue.
2500 dogs data all together at touch of button

Capture.PNG
eightbo

Memphis looks nice.
could you recommend some good data sources for UK/nz/aus greyhounds?
MemphisFlash

try racenet. australian site

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”