Create a No Lose Trade on Fav and Profit on the Field Guardian Automation Bot

joebloggs123

HI Dallas can you let me know if this is correct i want to place a back bet at 2.00 with £10 stakes and and lay bet at 1.50 in play also to set a hedge profit of £5.00 and hedge loss off minus £3.00 i have added some screen shots for you to have a look at to see if i have done it correctly thanks in advance.
joebloggs123

hi Dallas here are the screen shots
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
joebloggs123

more shots
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
joebloggs123

more shots
joebloggs123

more shots
Dallas

Yes that all looks fine, all i would change is increase the number of trigger times to 3 on your hedge loss rule just as you have done with your profit rule.

Then the only other thing (depending on how you want to run it) is you could add a number of matched condition is equal to 1 to you lay rule - that will prevent it from triggering untill after your back is matched (ie, the price cant crash in leave you back unmatched but take your lay) - but at the same time that might happen then it drifts back out and you back would be matched as well rather than miss out.
Just something for you to think about :)
joebloggs123

thanks Dallas i have changed the trigger to 3 now on the profit loss how would i apply the other changes you have mentioned as it is sound advice thanks in advance.
vynmarius

Is there a way to do this with your actual back bet rather than the "actual SP" as ive found at times there is a hiccup

what is the difference with this method and placing a back bet with an offset and keeping it to in play ?

Cheers
Dallas

joebloggs123 wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 8:06 pm
thanks Dallas i have changed the trigger to 3 now on the profit loss how would i apply the other changes you have mentioned as it is sound advice thanks in advance.
On your lay rule add the following condition
'Number of matched condition'
On Selection
is equal to 1
Dallas

vynmarius wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 8:15 pm
Is there a way to do this with your actual back bet rather than the "actual SP" as ive found at times there is a hiccup

what is the difference with this method and placing a back bet with an offset and keeping it to in play ?

Cheers
To take SP you need to place the bet above the current price, with a stake by liability the liability is calculated using the odds its placed at, if the BSP is higher or lower then it wont be the exact liability you asked for
joebloggs123

thanks again Dallas done that on the lay rule but not on the hedge loss rule is that correct, what has puzzled me a bit today is the three trigger rule when my back bet was matched at 2 and then the lay bet matched at 1.5 it created the free bet situation but on most of the races it was doing this it was then triggering more back bets and lay bets and sometimes another runner was getting backed putting me in a losing situation after being in a no lose situation i am wondering if it is the three trigger rule, also in the back bet and the lay bet rule in the parameters tab should the stake be set to fixed amount or by liability ( back & lay ) i have currently got it set to liability ( back & lay ) thanks again for your kind advice.
Dallas

joebloggs123 wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 9:35 pm
thanks again Dallas done that on the lay rule but not on the hedge loss rule is that correct, what has puzzled me a bit today is the three trigger rule when my back bet was matched at 2 and then the lay bet matched at 1.5 it created the free bet situation but on most of the races it was doing this it was then triggering more back bets and lay bets and sometimes another runner was getting backed putting me in a losing situation after being in a no lose situation i am wondering if it is the three trigger rule, also in the back bet and the lay bet rule in the parameters tab should the stake be set to fixed amount or by liability ( back & lay ) i have currently got it set to liability ( back & lay ) thanks again for your kind advice.
Have you increased the number of triggers on your back lay rules to 3 as well?
They should be as you had them in your image and set to trigger just once each (only green up should be triggering more than once).

You have the staking by liability back and lay set correct, so just the number of triggers to check.

I understand why your using the green loss rule but out of curiosity why have you got a green up profit rule?
If this triggers its going to spread the profit across the field rather than leave £0 on the fav and profit on all others.
Niko

In the above scenario, say the back got matched at 2.0, but the Lay only got to 1.6, could a trigger be set to green up as the odds start to drift (in an attempt to at least make a small profit or get your stake back out??)
welshboy06

Niko wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 7:45 am
In the above scenario, say the back got matched at 2.0, but the Lay only got to 1.6, could a trigger be set to green up as the odds start to drift (in an attempt to at least make a small profit or get your stake back out??)
I've not done any automation yet but there is a trailing stop function for manual trading, so I don't see why it wouldn't be part of the automation side.
It places a stop loss that moves in with the profit.
Or I'm pretty sure you can use signals. For example, every tick that moves against your signal increases by one. Then when it reaches your predefined number it will green up.
joebloggs123

thanks Dallas no the back and loss rules are still set to trigger just once it may be triggering the bets in to minimize loss or maximize profit i do not real,y know why i put a green up all profit rule in to guarantee a profit when it reaches a certain odds i suppose but it does not seem to be doing that anyway only the green up stop loss seems to be kicking in and tries to keep my loss to the amount the rule has asked for Dallas do you recommend that i delete the Hedge Profit (Offset) rule and keep the Hedge Loss (Stop Loss) rule and keep the rest of the bot as it is thank you kindly once again.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”