RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:12 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:51 pm
Prince Harry's brother screamed and shouted at him!! :shock: :shock:

Can you even imagine the scene? A brother shouting at you!! Next he'll be saying he got a clip around the ear when he was six and now is scarred for life. :roll:
Do you suspect a degree of manipulating the media that are so intrusive in their lives? Just a thought.
I think he's completely lost touch with reality and the general public. Like certain people on this forum, he thinks we all take the gossip we hear on the media as gospel and that we all believe the royals are a super family like no other. He's trying to tell the world that they have arguments like any other family completely oblivious to the fact that we already know that - and it's taken him six episodes to do it!
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:45 pm
greenmark wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:12 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:51 pm
Prince Harry's brother screamed and shouted at him!! :shock: :shock:

Can you even imagine the scene? A brother shouting at you!! Next he'll be saying he got a clip around the ear when he was six and now is scarred for life. :roll:
Do you suspect a degree of manipulating the media that are so intrusive in their lives? Just a thought.
I think he's completely lost touch with reality and the general public. Like certain people on this forum, he thinks we all take the gossip we hear on the media as gospel and that we all believe the royals are a super family like no other. He's trying to tell the world that they have arguments like any other family completely oblivious to the fact that we already know that - and it's taken him six episodes to do it!
I think the pair of them are milking their celebrity while complaining about media intrusion. It's really naff, but that's life.
greenmark

How on earth can the MetOffice issue a yellow warning for snow and ice across a period where they are predicting temps of 2 to 11C with no dips below 0C?
Baffling. If you're that unsure of your forecast, why bother?
ShaunWhite

greenmark wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:57 pm
How on earth can the MetOffice issue a yellow warning for snow and ice across a period where they are predicting temps of 2 to 11C with no dips below 0C?
Snow needs an air temp of < +2c. And you get local cold spots so I guess its possible esp with so much rain on the way and with frozen ground it'll settle.
greenmark

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:32 pm
greenmark wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:57 pm
Snow needs an air temp of < +2c. And you get local cold spots so I guess its possible esp with so much rain on the way and with frozen ground it'll settle.
Perhaps local ie 5 miles west the land is significantly higher, but that has no relevance for most folk in chesterfield. I shall report back Sunday. :-)
ShaunWhite

Didn't mean to be a smart arse greeny, just since I've returned to a rural life after being a city boy the weather suddenly matters more. Mainly because sliding around on country roads is a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to a bit of snow. There's hardly any of my county over about 6ft above sea level so high altitude snow is off the cards sadly :D

I like hot, and I like cold. It's just the 300+ grey damp chilly days I can't stand. Almost at the shortest day now greenmark so we've got some end to the winter blues in sight. I think I can chart your rant posts vs a monthly daylight chart :D
Derek27

How the fuck did Prince Harry get through army training when he's "terrified" of being shouted at? :lol: :lol:
greenmark

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:15 pm
Didn't mean to be a smart arse greeny, just since I've returned to a rural life after being a city boy the weather suddenly matters more. Mainly because sliding around on country roads is a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to a bit of snow. There's hardly any of my county over about 6ft above sea level so high altitude snow is off the cards sadly :D

I like hot, and I like cold. It's just the 300+ grey damp chilly days I can't stand. Almost at the shortest day now greenmark so we've got some end to the winter blues in sight. I think I can chart your rant posts vs a monthly daylight chart :D
21st Dec is the bottom of the trough for me, so even though the effect on length of day takes a few weeks to gather pace, it's still a watershed moment for me each year and I raise a glass to it.
I also enjoyed larking about in snow in the car (especially rear wheel drive). But cold weather loses it's appeal when on foot on snow that has partially melted then refrozen to a glassy ice rink surface having been trodden down by lots of little schoolkid feet.
Yes, I'm a weather grinch!!! :-)
But a decade or more ago we had 2ft of snow. I couldn't get to work so went out for a walk and after a mile left the other footprints behind as was on virgin snow. I then followed a fox track and felt quite the adventurer despite being less than 2 miles from home. It'd kill me now. :lol:
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:11 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:

21st Dec is the bottom of the trough for me, so even though the effect on length of day takes a few weeks to gather pace, it's still a watershed moment for me each year and I raise a glass to it.
I also enjoyed larking about in snow in the car (especially rear wheel drive). But cold weather loses it's appeal when on foot on snow that has partially melted then refrozen to a glassy ice rink surface having been trodden down by lots of little schoolkid feet.
But a decade or more ago we had 2ft of snow. I couldn't get to work so went out for a walk and after a mile left the other footprints behind as was on virgin snow. I then followed a fox track and felt quite the adventurer despite being less than 2 miles from home. It'd kill me now. :lol:
21:48 is the precise time you need to raise your glass. :)

In case you didn't know, due to the Earth approaching its perihelion, the sun's already started setting later but won't start rising earlier until the new year, so you could raise your glass three times. :D
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:27 pm
greenmark wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:11 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:

21:48 is the precise time you need to raise your glass. :)

In case you didn't know, due to the Earth approaching its perihelion, the sun's already started setting later but won't start rising earlier until the new year, so you could raise your glass three times. :D
Excellent. I'll be on holiday then with access to nice wines. Ideal excuse.

Didnt know the technical reason for it. Ta.
Derek27

Another plump woman claims she's not eating so she can feed her kids. She's probably feeding her kids so she can eat them!
greenmark

Just realised who Sunak reminds me of. Sorry in advance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland_Ra ... ir-use.jpg
Derek27

Accidentally connected a market to my Excel summary sheet. It overwrote my greenup amount and caused all my Championship matches to green up. :x
Derek27

Has anyone decided to cook a recipe and shop for all the ingredients lately? I only needed dijon mustard and redcurrant jelly. Went to one of the biggest supermarkets in town and they didn't have either of them!

And they love advertising their 2-for-1 offers. Where are the 6 eggs for the price of 12 or 1 litre of sunflower oil for the price of 3 adverts??
Derek27

You can purchase 2 3-litre bottles of sunflower oil but you're not allowed 3 1-litre bottles!

No matter, I found a way around it. Buy 2 bottles and go back to buy another one. :D

Return to “General discussion”