RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

flipping workmen, dig up the road and then take a week off!!
Derek27

I've got double-click syndrone. I keep double-clicking on the ladder!
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:55 am
Just cut your stakes in half then. Or the drinks.
Crazyskier

Kai wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:40 am
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:55 am
Just cut your stakes in half then. Or the drinks.
ROFL!
Derek27

Just searched for 'dinner table' on the B&M site and I get dinner plates. Tried 'table' and get table lamps or anything that begins table top!
Realrocknrolla

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:52 pm
Just searched for 'dinner table' on the B&M site and I get dinner plates. Tried 'table' and get table lamps or anything that begins table top!
What do you get if you search Paint Stripper 😉😉
greenmark

Haha!. Facebook now Meta. Like Windscale renamed to Sellafield. Sidestep your awful behaviour via a name change.
Dearie me!
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:03 pm
Haha!. Facebook now Meta. Like Windscale renamed to Sellafield. Sidestep your awful behaviour via a name change.
Dearie me!
Atos, notorious for finding dying people fit for work and widely considered responsible for many deaths, once changed their name to something along the lines of Disability Assessment Center. The very next thing they had to do was correct the spelling in 'center'. :lol:
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:13 pm
greenmark wrote:
Dearie me!
Atos, notorious for finding dying people fit for work and widely considered responsible for many deaths, once changed their name to something along the lines of Disability Assessment Center. The very next thing they had to do was correct the spelling in 'center'. :lol:
I suspect it isn't going to be any better for a while. OBR suggesting brexit will result in 4% drop in GDP. Covid 2% drop.
Of course, that all assumes no exploitation of our new found freedom to make trade deals with.... well, anyone.
I really hope I'm wrong but this looks crap.
My financial advisor however, has said because I'm invested in other than UK equities, it's not a problem.
Sheesh, I'm not nationalist at all. But I would love to be able to invest in the UK.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:42 pm
Derek27 wrote:
greenmark wrote:
Dearie me!
I suspect it isn't going to be any better for a while. OBR suggesting brexit will result in 4% drop in GDP. Covid 2% drop.
Of course, that all assumes no exploitation of our new found freedom to make trade deals with.... well, anyone.
My financial advisor however, has said because I'm invested in other than UK equities, it's not a problem.
Sheesh, I'm not nationalist at all. But I would love to be able to invest in the UK.
ASDA's short French sticks have gone up from 55p to 85p, that's 55%. Don't know why ingredients/manufacturing costs for French sticks are so high when sliced bread stays the same price but it looks like all sorts of things will be inexplicably going up in price in the next few months.
firlandsfarm

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:24 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:52 pm
What do you get if you search Paint Stripper 😉😉
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:51 pm
greenmark wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

ASDA's short French sticks have gone up from 55p to 85p, that's 55%. Don't know why ingredients/manufacturing costs for French sticks are so high when sliced bread stays the same price but it looks like all sorts of things will be inexplicably going up in price in the next few months.
On the plus side, carrots are now enormous. Presumably 'cos there's a shortage of pickers.
I guess (well I know) all these anomalies will balance out eventually. That's what capitalism does. Supply/Demand/Price.
And though I was a remainer, I really hope we can prosper from the new freedom to make deals with anyone we choose to. 9 months after Brexit is not the time to draw conclusions.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:31 pm
Derek27 wrote:
greenmark wrote:

On the plus side, carrots are now enormous. Presumably 'cos there's a shortage of pickers.
I guess (well I know) all these anomalies will balance out eventually. That's what capitalism does. Supply/Demand/Price.
And though I was a remainer, I really hope we can prosper from the new freedom to make deals with anyone we choose to. 9 months after Brexit is not the time to draw conclusions.
I'm pretty sure carrots will lose their flavor or sweetness as they get big, otherwise they'd grow them big.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:42 pm
greenmark wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:31 pm
Derek27 wrote:

I'm pretty sure carrots will lose their flavor or sweetness as they get big, otherwise they'd grow them big.
Well, quite. But would you know if included in a mirapoix for a stew, or roasted with a chicken?
And even then, perhaps Vichy carrots might bring it all back together.
But overall, I agree with you. The supply chain is groaning. But I suspect this is the bottom of the trough and it'll get better from here. Apart from Xmas, of course, which will make headlines I suspect.
Derek27

Carol (ignorant bitch) Malone: Smokers should just stop smoking, no need for vaping substitutes. :roll:

Return to “General discussion”