RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:21 am
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:48 pm
The queen's devastated that he has to miss church!! I've missed it for the last 35 years. :lol:
Scale of 1 to 10 for a drunk loner, I’m giving you a 10.
Didn't realise it's Saturday until I saw your post. :D

Your insult's not even related to my comment!
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:34 am
jamesg46 wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:48 pm
The queen's devastated that he has to miss church!! I've missed it for the last 35 years. :lol:

Derek, you couldn’t of been more predictable with your response “Saturday Night”. You can use it all you want, doesn’t change the fact that you’re a lonely drunk.
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:51 am
Derek27 wrote:
jamesg46 wrote:

Derek, you couldn’t of been more predictable with your response “Saturday Night”. You can use it all you want, doesn’t change the fact that you’re a lonely drunk.
Why not say that on a Tuesday and why quote an irrelevant post?
greenmark

jamesg46 wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
jamesg46 wrote:

I can't really believe what I'm reading here. WTF!
But then I'm having a bout of insomnia so perhaps I'm hallucinating.
greenmark

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:44 pm
greenmark wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:35 pm
Note to self.
Don't pick up oven safe pan, 1 minute after removiing from oven - without oven glove. Ouchy ouch!!!!
Ouch.

Double Ouch!
Ouch wasn't what I said at the time. :-)
Got away with it though. Sore but not blistered. What an idiot! Streuth!
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:03 am
jamesg46 wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

I can't really believe what I'm reading here. WTF!
But then I'm having a bout of insomnia so perhaps I'm hallucinating.
It's quite ironic that a guy whose main hobby/pleasure in life is to fire unprovoked insults and start arguments would call anyone a sad lonely drunk. :lol:
Derek27

If I wanted to know who won the Grand Prix I wouldn't be watching the flipping Leicester match, would I? Couldn't see the penalty incident in the inset and the commentator had to commentate on the F1 result at the same time as a player going down in the Newcastle box!!
stueytrader

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:42 pm
If I wanted to know who won the Grand Prix I wouldn't be watching the flipping Leicester match, would I? Couldn't see the penalty incident in the inset and the commentator had to commentate on the F1 result at the same time as a player going down in the Newcastle box!!
Sounds like watching Eurosport, must be catching across the broadcasters this style - very annoying I agree.
stueytrader

Back onto my previous pet rant - finally got my booking for my booster covid jab - great there'll probably be loads of idiots now trying to get same time now.

Also can't stand the pretend advice going on broadcast by the press conferences, doing their best to say stopping covid/omicron is all that matters - unless it costs something in commerce and economy... :roll:
greenmark

stueytrader wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:50 pm
Back onto my previous pet rant - finally got my booking for my booster covid jab - great there'll probably be loads of idiots now trying to get same time now.

Also can't stand the pretend advice going on broadcast by the press conferences, doing their best to say stopping covid/omicron is all that matters - unless it costs something in commerce and economy... :roll:
For some reason they seem to have clogged up the throughput by requiring people to sit for 10 minutes before being 'released'.
This is odd for me. Both initial jabs I was told by the time they'd jabbed me and begun to usher me away, if I was going to have a violent reaction it would have happened in that few minutes.
So to be told to sit for 10 minutes is a bit un-nerving.
I had the Pfizer (as opposed to AstraZenenca for the first two) and I've I had one pretty crap day and 2 with headaches. Seriously, I never get headaches.
But if they rocked in a few months and said we advise you to get a Pfizer booster, I'd be there in a shot. Just plan the next few days a bit better.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:00 pm
stueytrader wrote:

For some reason they seem to have clogged up the throughput by requiring people to sit for 10 minutes before being 'released'.
This is odd for me. Both initial jabs I was told by the time they'd jabbed me and begun to usher me away, if I was going to have a violent reaction it would have happened in that few minutes.
I had the Pfizer (as opposed to AstraZenenca for the first two) and I've I had one pretty crap day and 2 with headaches. Seriously, I never get headaches.
But if they rocked in a few months and said we advise you to get a Pfizer booster, I'd be there in a shot. Just plan the next few days a bit better.
I had two Pfizer jabs and on both occasions I was told to sit down for 15 minutes. It's the same when you give blood. When you've had your earwax removed with a water jet they ask you to lie down for 5 minutes as it makes you quite dizzy. They should really implement these rules when you're leaving a pub, or better still, give you a bed for the night. :D
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:35 pm
greenmark wrote:
stueytrader wrote:

I had two Pfizer jabs and on both occasions I was told to sit down for 15 minutes. It's the same when you give blood. When you've had your earwax removed with a water jet they ask you to lie down for 5 minutes as it makes you quite dizzy. They should really implement these rules when you're leaving a pub, or better still, give you a bed for the night. :D
Interesting that you had Pfizer and asked to sit for 15 minutes.
I wasn't aware that the Pfizer jab took longer.
It's only seconds here, but AstraZeneca is over before you know it. Kind of "eh, is that it?".
The Pfizer was a bit more like a normal injecton.
Nontheless, I'm feeling as fit as a fiddle now, so would get next the next one if asked. I'd volunteer but the last thing you'd want to see is me homing in on you with a sharp implement. :-)
Trader Pat

greenmark wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:26 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:35 pm
greenmark wrote:

Interesting that you had Pfizer and asked to sit for 15 minutes.
I wasn't aware that the Pfizer jab took longer.
It's only seconds here, but AstraZeneca is over before you know it. Kind of "eh, is that it?".
The Pfizer was a bit more like a normal injecton.
Nontheless, I'm feeling as fit as a fiddle now, so would get next the next one if asked. I'd volunteer but the last thing you'd want to see is me homing in on you with a sharp implement. :-)
2 Pfizer jabs for me too.

Interesting thing here is my mother got 2 Pfizer jabs through her GP and after each jab she got a tag with the time of the jab on it and there were two receptionists standing guard over all the vaccinated OAP's like they were gold bullion and nobody was allowed to leave until those 15 minutes were up.

I got my 2 jabs through a vaccination centre and you we were just told to sit in a waiting area for 15 minutes but nobody was clocking it so lots of people just got up and left after 5 minutes
Derek27

I understand people have things to do and want to get out of there quickly, but for me, if I have to travel for 40 minutes, queue for fuck knows how long, wait another 20 minutes before the jab, I'm resigned to not trading that afternoon. What's another 15 minutes? :)

One of the benefits of being a trader is that if you miss a race, there's another one in 5 minutes. :D
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:36 pm
I understand people have things to do and want to get out of there quickly, but for me, if I have to travel for 40 minutes, queue for fuck knows how long, wait another 20 minutes before the jab, I'm resigned to not trading that afternoon. What's another 15 minutes? :)

One of the benefits of being a trader is that if you miss a race, there's another one in 5 minutes. :D
No complaining from me Derek. Just a notable differnce between 2 AstraZeneca jabs and the Pfizer booster.
Just for clarification, Nothing in the vaccination programme so far has been negative. Highly organised, superb personnel.
Ok had a bit of a downer with the booster, but really just ensure you're surrounded by your favourite fresh food and water and you're good to go, even if you have a bad reaction like me (1 in 10 apparently).
In my age range (60+) would you rather feel a bit crap for a day and have a headache for 2 days (easily quashed with Ibuprofen) or wind up in hospital, further burdening an over-stretched nhs.
The correct choice is fairly obvious.

Return to “General discussion”