A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:36 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:25 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:37 pm

I've not said it was your intention but you're right to point out that it's my interpretation. Maybe I'm wrong but you've been in a few debates yourself where people have responded negatively to what you've said to them. I can only come to the conclusion that they wouldn't of responded negatively if they weren't offended by you.
You're conclusion's wrong, plain and simple. If somebody think's I'm talking utter bollocks they will often say so, which is in itself a negative response. Doesn't mean they're in anyway offended just because I have a different point of view.
Imo, I think things like suggesting that somebody is a nazi is purposely being offensive but that's just my interpretation... who knows, everyone else might love being called that. So yeah, my assumption that you exclude yourself from "most of us" I'll stick with, plain & simple.
I never suggested anyone's a Nazi, I said unless you're a Nazi, making a distinction between the two. Poor choice of words, I accept, and if it caused Alex offence I apologize for that. But clearly the intention was sensationalizing rather than offending.
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:53 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:36 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:25 pm

You're conclusion's wrong, plain and simple. If somebody think's I'm talking utter bollocks they will often say so, which is in itself a negative response. Doesn't mean they're in anyway offended just because I have a different point of view.
Imo, I think things like suggesting that somebody is a nazi is purposely being offensive but that's just my interpretation... who knows, everyone else might love being called that. So yeah, my assumption that you exclude yourself from "most of us" I'll stick with, plain & simple.
I never suggested anyone's a Nazi, I said unless you're a Nazi, making a distinction between the two. Poor choice of words, I accept, and if it caused Alex offence I apologize for that. But clearly the intention was sensationalizing rather than offending.
OK, Derek ;) ;)
Trader Pat

I got my appointment for the second dose of the vaccine for Thur 5th August at 5:20pm, thought to myself f*ck that I'm not driving across the city in rush hour so I requested a new appointment.

They duly obliged and sent me a new appointment for Friday 6th August at 8:30am!
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:30 pm
TBH I wish you two excellent ranters would return to railing at : people, life and organisations outside the forum; uncompliant inanimate objects and vomiting cats. Much more fun. :-)
What a flipping ignorant bitch!! Carole Malone on Sky Press Review - if you've got mental health issues don't represent your country in the Olyimpics, they don't happen overnight!

Some people have lifelong mental health issues and training for a major event hardly starts the night before. :roll:
Derek27

I just filled in my jury service expence claim form. I had to sign a declaration say I understand that if I knowingly give false information I may be procecuted! Well the judge did encourage us to come back if we get another summoning. :lol:

They trust us to decide if somebody should spend the rest of his life in prison but don't trust us to correctly claim a few bus fares. :lol:
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:59 pm
greenmark wrote:
TBH I wish you two excellent ranters would return to railing at : people, life and organisations outside the forum; uncompliant inanimate objects and vomiting cats. Much more fun. :-)
What a flipping ignorant bitch!! Carole Malone on Sky Press Review - if you've got mental health issues don't represent your country in the Olyimpics, they don't happen overnight!

Some people have lifelong mental health issues and training for a major event hardly starts the night before. :roll:
Completely missed your point there. And failed to find it googling.
What did she say? Must have been fundamental to crank you up to that level.
Chill out chief! :-)
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:57 pm
Derek27 wrote:
greenmark wrote:

It was about an Olympic gymnast that pulled out due to mental health issues. She thinks people with mental health problems shouldn't be in the Olympics.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:42 am
greenmark wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

It was about an Olympic gymnast that pulled out due to mental health issues. She thinks people with mental health problems shouldn't be in the Olympics.
Still not found any trace of that. But she has form controversy-wise. And I reckon your assessment would be accurate. Was it about Biles?
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:06 pm
Derek27 wrote:
greenmark wrote:

Still not found any trace of that. But she has form controversy-wise. And I reckon your assessment would be accurate. Was it about Biles?
Yes, she was on Sky Press Review last night. She doesn't have much understanding of mental health problems. She previously said if Steven Fry can work with mental health problems so can anyone.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
She thinks people with mental health problems shouldn't be in the Olympics.
I reckon anyone who wants to train 23yrs a day and live on wheatgrass smoothies already has some mental health issues. :)

And those pingpong players ! How OCD are they! You could make a brew in the time it takes them to serve. Yes you have to focus ready for 0.2s of blistering action but the fencers manage to just crack on without all the wierd rituals.

Biles was brave to stand down, as others have said, one moment of doubt can end in a broken neck.
Derek27

Ben Stokes is now taking time off for mental health problems. If Malone had her way there wouldn't be anyone to represent the country!
greenmark

Hmm! IMHO I don't buy this 'mental well being' thing. I think there's some other agenda here. Stokes has a sore finger and did lose his father a few months ago. I've been there, you ignore grief at your peril, but surely he's surrounded by all sorts of physical/mental expertise. Or am I naive?
Do these elite sports people really do it on their own?
A cynic (me) might suggest he's 30 and needs to concentrate on projects to maximise his income before he's over the hill.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:17 pm
Hmm! IMHO I don't buy this 'mental well being' thing. I think there's some other agenda here. Stokes has a sore finger and did lose his father a few months ago. I've been there, you ignore grief at your peril, but surely he's surrounded by all sorts of physical/mental expertise. Or am I naive?
Do these elite sports people really do it on their own?
A cynic (me) might suggest he's 30 and needs to concentrate on projects to maximise his income before he's over the hill.
My mum told me when she was in India, servants (you didn't need to be wealthy to have servants over there) would often say their mother or father has died to get some time off. It wasn't uncommon for a servant to have a mother or father who's died twice!

Time off for mental health issues is much the same thing. I would give anyone the benefit of any doubt. A boss would never challenge an employee who claimed his mother died, unless it was for the second time. :)
jamesg46

JasBarrow wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:46 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:08 pm
Piss off a bullying tactic. My posts are open to criticism from all... I don't think a bully invites others upon them, they attack others.

Besides, I don't think I'm so high and mighty that I'm in a position to bully someone with a comment.

I've had debates and arguments on this forum but I've never threatened or given the impression that I'd be a threat... others have spoke about smacking people in the mouth, I see that as a bully, not some meaningless comment.
Bullying manifests itself in different ways. It doesn't have to be threatening behaviour or smacking people in the mouth. All bullies whatever the type get off on power. Baiting people on a forum can be just as much of a power trip as physically intimidating someone on the street. Words that are used to bait others into an endless back and forth (your words not mine) don't constitute a meaningless comment.
jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:08 pm
This is you and I done... if your perception is that I'm a nasty piece of work bully then there really isn't any point in us talking & I'd rather walk away because any conversation we have will only head one way.
Ending the conversation on your terms is ok by me, but maybe give the same courtesy to others in the future rather than trying to bait them into a conversation in the first place.
The courtesy is already there, nobody has to respond to me.

There is a saying in the trading sphere "trade what you see, not what you think you see". The same idea could be applied to conversation... reply to what is said, not what you think was said.

The fact is, you haven't, can't and never will be able to quote me... because I didn't say what you think I did.

I can't really have a conversation about any one topic with someone that has a 3rd person in their head, & i certainly don't see any reason for you and I to argue, we've spoke about one topic (before now) and have different views... I went as far to say that you are more knowledgeable on that topic than me.

Other than admitting to something I've never said and accepting that you're more knowledgeable on that subject, I can't see any other path to a meaningful conversation. So yeah, it was on my terms... because really, I don't see the point.

Good luck in whatever it is you're here for.

Kind Regards!
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:25 am
... reply to what is said, not what you think was said.
James, you really need to tell yourself that!

You said that you deliberately offend people and you think that others do the same. What you said is 100% accurate, as it came from you. What you think is potentially inaccurate as you can't possibly know the reasons behind another person's actions, but I can confirm it's 100% inaccurate as I don't deliberately offend others.

Remember, it's now Saturday. You need to be on your best behaviour or people will think you're pissed again. ;)

Return to “General discussion”