RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
greenmark

Kai wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:56 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:54 pm
flipping bin men left my bin lid open in the rain!
You will be unbearable when you get old :D
That made me chortle. :-)
But carry on ranting Derek27. I aspire to rant at your level. :-)
greenmark

Ok, this is a pre-rant.
Where I am the Metoffice is predicting 7 hours of heavy snow.
My guess, over the last year, being a regular walker is they're talking bollocks (pardon my language and I shall apologise again tomorrow if I'm wrong).
eatyourgreens

youre going to get a good 6"
:lol:
Derek27

The rest of the first week of February is expected to be quite unsettled with a good deal of heavy snow for hills in Scotland and North England. This weekend and into mid-February the UK will turn colder as a brisk easterly wind drags a cold Russia airmass into the area. This will likely stick around for a few weeks through mid-February before high pressure to the north declines later in the month, keeping things cold and dry. Once the high begin to ease, low pressure systems will be able to return from the south bringing wetter and milder weather.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/outlook
greenmark

greenmark wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:22 am
Ok, this is a pre-rant.
My guess, over the last year, being a regular walker is they're talking bollocks (pardon my language and I shall apologise again tomorrow if I'm wrong).
7hrs of heavy snow anounted to 1 inch.
And I am serious about the last year. I've got soaked several times when it was supposed to be dry and humped waterproofs around due to forecast rain that doesn't materialise. Seen warnings for strong winds and it's a bit blowy. Out the following day with no warnings and nearly got blown off my feet. Grumpy today :-).
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:36 pm
greenmark wrote:
Ok, this is a pre-rant.
And I am serious about the last year. I've got soaked several times when it was supposed to be dry and humped waterproofs around due to forecast rain that doesn't materialise. Seen warnings for strong winds and it's a bit blowy. Out the following day with no warnings and nearly got blown off my feet. Grumpy today :-).
Look at the bigger picture (or the pressure charts). If several inches of snow fell 50 miles away it was an accurate forecast. In this part of the world, if snow precipitates as rain there may be just 1-2 degrees in it. :)
Derek27

SUGGESTION: Each time a member posts a 4-figure green, shall we all stop trading at the turn of the next hour and clap for one minute? :roll:
beermonsterman

Are computers designed specifically to drop you right in the brown stuff right at the perfect time ? its like my computer knows I'm sitting here clicking trades into the ladder like a good un for my computer to go well that's enough money for now ill teach him a lesson he will never forget Then crashes :x :x :x :x :x
new computer coming soon I cant wait to shoot this computer to bits in my back garden every time I have a bad day.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Derek27

beermonsterman wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:03 pm
Are computers designed specifically to drop you right in the brown stuff right at the perfect time ? its like my computer knows I'm sitting here clicking trades into the ladder like a good un for my computer to go well that's enough money for now ill teach him a lesson he will never forget Then crashes :x :x :x :x :x
new computer coming soon I cant wait to shoot this computer to bits in my back garden every time I have a bad day.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The only time I ever trade with one laptop is when I'm away from home. Otherwise, I always have two PCs on the market(s) I'm trading. You don't need to buy two PCs, just keep your old one for backup purposes. Perhaps keep your third oldest computer in the cupboard with a baseball bat. ;)
Tuco

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:36 pm
The only time I ever trade with one laptop is when I'm away from home. Otherwise, I always have two PCs on the market(s) I'm trading. You don't need to buy two PCs, just keep your old one for backup purposes. Perhaps keep your third oldest computer in the cupboard with a baseball bat. ;)
...same here, I also always use two laptops when trading.
Derek27

Every time the battery in my wireless headphones is getting low it plays a "dong dong dong" sound to let me know that the device needs recharging.

Thanks, I now know you need recharging. But let me listen to the last flipping song! There's no need to play "dong dong dong" every 15 flipping seconds and ruin the last song when you've clearly got enough power in you to keep playing "dong dong dong". It's not my flipping fault that you have so little capacity. :x :x
jamesg46

There goes the life of another innocent Park.Bench. ;)
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
greenmark wrote:
Ok, this is a pre-rant.
Have you had a proper snowfall now?

I let the cat out tonight. I was gonna give her a 10-minute head start and was looking forward to following her footprints to find out where she disappears to. Fat chance of that! Two minutes in the garden, decided she didn't like the snow, came straight back in and started shaking the snow off her feet and onto my floor.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:16 pm
greenmark wrote:
greenmark wrote:
Ok, this is a pre-rant.
Have you had a proper snowfall now?

I let the cat out tonight. I was gonna give her a 10-minute head start and was looking forward to following her footprints to find out where she disappears to. Fat chance of that! Two minutes in the garden, decided she didn't like the snow, came straight back in and started shaking the snow off her feet and onto my floor.
Lol. That's cats for you. You're their pet, not the other way around,
But, no despite the metoffice predicting hours and hours of heavy snow for most of the the last couple of days (including an amber warning today and betweeen 50 and >95% chance of precipitation for most of the day) there is currently an inch (maybe slightly more but I'm not going go out there to measure cos they're right about the temperature. It''s close to freezing, one side or the other).
I just find this weather hyperbole unhelpful."The beast from the east 2". How is that a helpful presentation of information?
StellaBot

cool for cats as song goes

COOL FOR CATS

Return to “General discussion”