Guardian Offset Manual Back bet with Lay

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Corbec8

Hello Bet angel community :)

I was just wondering if it's possible to set up Guardian where it will offset a manual back bet you place.

So for example there's a horse race, I back a certain runner and guardian detects that and offsets it?

I was looking through conditions but couldn't see a way where it could detect you've placed a manual bet and would offset it by however many ticks you specify?
Dallas

Why not just use global settings to place your offset bet or offset bet with greening?
Corbec8

Hi Dallas,

Thanks for the reply.

You are probably correct actually, I was probably overcomplicating a strategy I had in mind.

on a side note i've had a look at your awesome directional scalper and had a quick question about something related.

That bot is based off prices moving off in a certain direction at a certain magnitude.

Would it be possible in Guardian to detect a sideways market that hardly fluctuates so like 5 ticks in the last minute or so?
Dallas

Corbec8

Hey Dallas,

No not quite like Dutching.

I'll give an example.

So for the strategy I am testing it's pre-race making the market, but instead of looking for market prices to drift off either up or down i'm looking at making tiny profits on making the market for horses that haven't really fluctuated massively in price pre-race.

I can see that in guardian you can select the option to say if market price has drifted > or < a certain number of ticks but I want to tell guardian "if market price has not moved either up or down by X number of ticks it's considered stable so lets make market"
Dallas

Sorry i put the wrong link in (that was for another thread i was answering yesterday) i've updated it now to the one it was meant to be :)
Corbec8

AHA! yes that's pretty much what I had in mind :lol: Thanks Dallas!
Corbec8

Hi Dallas,

Sorry to keep pestering you but all the advice you've given so far is pretty damn spot on so I was wondering if you could help me with this last thing.

I've got a basic system that currently backs a horse pre-off 30 secs before the race starts. I set it to offset with greening and stop, the offset and greening works perfectly fine but i'm having issues with the stop.

I've got it set to trigger at 40% to set it at 50%, I don't fully understand how this works as it's not doing what I thought as it places the stop at 40% then waits to place the 50% and then it doesn't green out the stop from what I can see.

Is there a way to set it so that once my trade goes 50% in the wrong way to automatically close the offset bet set by the back pre-off and just green out all selections.

I was thinking maybe of doing it via a signal so like if 50% is reached then set a signal that then triggers a rule which cancels all open trades and just greens out the market.

Please let me know if any of this makes sense haha as i'm pretty bad at explaining this. :lol:
Dallas

In running rather than a stop loss your probably better using a green up rule to exit if you reach a monetary loss amount as this can be set to trigger multiple times so far more likely to get a match than a single stop.

This thread explains how to set it up
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 47&t=11488

Or you could go a step further and use something that does not get triggered off sudden spikes
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 56&t=11954
Corbec8

You're an absolute beast that's exactly the link I needed to find :o Thanks again!

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”