Chievo - Catania

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
PeterLe

lilgreenback wrote:HI

You don't want to be waking up with a horses head in the bed with some blue circle wellies, being made an offer you can't refuse.

Cheers

LilGB
Horses Head ! Ha ha!!
Listen - If I were a footballer and my instructions were to commit a foul in the penalty area; I wouldnt think twice....it's better than sleeping with the fishes ha!!! (",)
darkpunter

Here's a link to the highlights - the "penalty" has to be seen to be believed! :o

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/5117501/
enzabella2009

I watched a replay of this game. If the result was settled to 1-1 the way they played the game ( very competitive) makes you wonder that every matches can be settled if footballers are so good to act. it remind me of a wrestling fight. I have also news from Italy, Chievo and Catania players were contacted from Holliwood to record a film.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
LeTiss

darkpunter wrote:Here's a link to the highlights - the "penalty" has to be seen to be believed! :o

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/5117501/
That's an absolute disgrace isn't it!

The Italian FA have launched an official investigation
enzabella2009

I am glad the italian FA responded so quickly.. That is a victory over match fixing.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008 ... orwichcity
mike15780

I note from watching the highlights of the game that all the chances until Chievo scored were for Chievo and all the chances after Chievo scored were for Catania. Did anyone notice if the odds on Chievo too score first were also particularly low on a game where the draw seemed the likely outcome?
enzabella2009

I have news from Italy about this match. Better, Snai and Sisal ( italian bookies) have cancelled the match from their sites and shops. The Italian bookies were the 1st ones to notice something dodgy about the 1-1 draw on Tuesday the 16th of march. They informed the Italian FA about this. The Italian FA sent an inspector to watch the game. The Italian bookies also warned all the international major bookmakers about the 1-1 draw. Only by friday 19th the UK boomakers cancelled the match from their sites and shops. The only one that kept the match on is betfair. Betfair was informed by the italian authorities about this and adviced betfair to suspend the gamble but betfair as you all know by now did not suspend the quotes. I hope betfair did not pay the 2.4 million traded on the draw.
LeTiss

The problem with Betfair is they make money on every market through commission and premium charge. So, if there is a massive sting it's not in their interest to suspend it. They would rather piggy back on the increased matched amounts
Iron

I'm sure Betfair acted entirely in the interests of fairness... ;)

Jeff
enzabella2009 wrote:I hope betfair did not pay the 2.4 million traded on the draw.
CaerMyrddin

Well, they payed to me ;)

It's seems like the same is happening on the Vicenza v Crotone, Serie B match tomorrow...
Zenyatta

Very interesting, definite strong suspicions of a match fix there. I've looked up sports fixing on the internet, so far as I can tell, occasionally it does happen (mostly in lower grade events), but thankfully it does seem quite rare (at least, that are very few actual cases where match fixing was proven in court).

To fix a soccer match you really need the referee to be in on it, and that's what could have happened here , the penalty was clearly nonsensical. As far as I can tell, the two teams were facing relegation, so it was in their interest to arrange for a draw to stay off the bottom of their league table.

Always remember, there's more to the way the world works than statistics. For example, he who controls the underlying causal factors for an event, can bend the odds at will, as any cheat can attest to - there are always factors that markets don't capture, always there are underlying causal factors that transcend simple probabilistic analysis.

Damn, I'm getting philosophical on your arses :lol:
CaerMyrddin

Hi Zenyatta (beautiful horse btw)

Well, as far as I can tell there is much more match fixed and corrupted matches than one would even imagine. Simply most of them don't become public and only some people bet on the fixed results and the markets don't reflect the distortion they should.

It is very interesting that betting exchanges can provide not proof, but clear alerts on fixed matches and how this can be worked out to prevent corruption :)
enzabella2009

Betfair was informed by the italian FA on wednesday the 17th of march about this match. ALL international bookmakers were informed about this. Bookmakers have been adviced to cancell Chievo vs Catania from their book by the major Italian bookmakers and the Italian FA. By friday 19th of march UK bookmakers were the last ones on earth to take off chievo vs catania from their book. BETFAIR is the only one that did not suspend the gamble going on. Therefore Betfair down such big eveidence have been involved in this as much as whom settled the game on 1-1. I am hearing that betfair paid it and made a substantial ammount of money over this match. what a disgrace.

Return to “Football trading”