Rule failed to fire

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Orixian

I was wondering if anyone would know why my rule failed to fire today. Its pretty simple automation that's worked plenty of times before. Ive a back by liability rule that places a bet 3 seconds before post time 2 ticks above the market price and a take SP rule that fires 2 seconds before post time. The take SP rule failed to fire on the Sedge - 14:00 market today. The Horse was Level of Intensity which ran on to win so I'm a bit annoyed. Back bet was placed at odds of 12 at 13:59:58 and the market didn't go live until 14:00:25 so plenty of time for the take SP to fire.

Cheers for reading
Dallas

What stake size was used?
Orixian

Only 91p was backing for 10 pound profit. But I can tell from the data log the Take SP never fired.
Dallas

Betfair's min stakes when taking SP are £2 for back bets and £10 liability for lay bets
Orixian

Ok this wont be a problem if I scale the system up then. Cheers again Dallas.
Orixian

Dallas this has been fine since I scaled up but today in the 13.30 at sedge my back bet bet and take SP both triggered according to the automation tab but the bet was never placed and the log simply shows the market going in play. Strangely the back bet triggered at 13.38.11 and the take SP at the same time also. Almost certainly this has something to do with the bet not being placed but as the triggers are set before the market goes in play I don't know how this could have happened. Have you ever encountered this before ?
ShaunWhite

It might be worth allowing the Take SP rule to fire a few more times in case the back bet takes a little longer than usual to be processed by BF?

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”