help needed on laying the draw

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
top gun

hi there, great that you guys help us who are new to all this, ill remember this when iv been here a while.
anyway,
iv been doing ok laying the draw at football, backing the 0-0 as insurance where odds are in the 20's. I could do with any advice on what to do when the underdog scores first. up to now iv sit it out and fortunately the favorite has come back to win, so i got out of jail but could do with a strategy so as to get out without relying on chance.
thanks in advance
Quaxxon

I tried this for awhile picking 0-0 games of around 11 and chosing games where the odds were equallity matched between the 2 teams meaning there is no underdog.

Didnt make a ton of cash but a profit is a profit.

But as I am lazy and couldnt be bothered to look through all the teams each day, I gave up. :)

Good luck.
LeTiss

If you're going to get involved in a strategy, then you have to accept sometimes it will go tits up.

The secret is to 'red up' and not take a chance on the favourite coming back to win

Any full-time trader will tell you that sitting & praying on a result will end in disaster.

Hopefully, the greens will outweigh the reds, but you won't win every market with a strategy like that

Good luck
darkpunter

I agree with LeTiss. With this trade you should be looking at redding up as quickly as possible and taking the loss, which should hopefully be quite small on the draw (though you will have also lost your stake on the 0-0).

This way, you either take the loss and leave the match alone, or are free to take advantage of other opportunities within the match, should they present themselves.
top gun

hey guys, thanks for the quick reply's
so if i understand what you are saying, even if the 'wrong' team scores first, place the bet anyway even thought the draw odds have dropped slightly and red up to even things out, take the -ve hit and get out...
im off to look at my stats to see how many times this can happen before it becomes unprofitable
Thanks again..good luck
footyfans

If the away team scores first I usually red up immediately, the longer you wait the more you lose! Of course it does depend on situations, for example, the game has been going 15mins, the away team gets a surprise goal, if the home team is significantly stronger then it's worth waiting. If the goal is scored well into the match then get out. Be aware that some leagues such as the German Bundesliga 1 have a high percentage of 0-0 and 1-1 draws. Also wrong time of year just now, and again, don't believe people who say they make a fortune laying the draw!

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”