London/Malta server

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
motorhead

I've heard that people with a UK address in their profile are redirect to the London server whether they are connecting from UK or abroad, everyone else is addressed to the Malta based server. is it true?
I'm asking cause I've a Euro account and a GBP account, the latter being registered with a UK address. I didn't have the occasion to test both accounts on Bet Angel but according to what I've heard I should always use the UK account (connection to London server is said to be faster) even when I live abroad and I mainly use euros.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Your order from a UK address will hop straight to Betfair London, if you use a non UK address the order is routed through Malta. So the account with the UK address should always be slightly faster.

http://bdp.betfair.com/index.php?option ... 1&Itemid=1
motorhead

thanks!
poklius

I believe that it depends on your location and ip address. So if you are trading from outside UK, you'll be redirected through Malta if not - London. Account settings at betfair doesnt make a difference.
motorhead

poklius wrote:I believe that it depends on your location and ip address. So if you are trading from outside UK, you'll be redirected through Malta if not - London. Account settings at betfair doesnt make a difference.
Are you sure? this appears to be in contradiction with what is reported in the link above. a UK-account should be addressed to the the London server regardless of where I am connecting from.
andyfuller

My advice with these kind of things is to go to the horses mouth - i.e. Betfair, send them an Email and get the actual answer for sure.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

The Befair BDP link would seem to explain it all. If you have a non UK account you will always be routed through Malta. If you have a UK account you will always be routed through the UK. That is our experiance as well.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”