Tonight's boxing

rik

Betting Chisora tonight, listening to Washington he doesnt even believe in himself or have much ambition.
Michael5482

Just watched the fight back as was out last night.

Joshua looks scared stiff of getting beat and has done for a while. The defeats have really harmed him turning him into a defensive fighter trying to sit behind a jab which is OK v journeymen like last night but won't be of much use v Wilder.

Won't take long for Wilder to land bombs on him and it'll be good night if he chooses to sit's behind a weak jab. Needs to get in close, high intensity, attack Wilders body on the inside but boxing seems to have lost the art of infighting.
Crumpets

I agree, you can't stand off Wilder. I remember Ortiz being well up on the cards against him, but all it takes is 1 cross.

Thought Fury gave a great example on fighting on the inside during Fury vs Wilder 2. He ragdolled him!

But inside fighting is less common amongst the heavies. That's not new. You have to very fit and athletic to stay safely in punching range for 12 rounds. Unless you mean clinching?
Michael5482

Another crazy story. Eubank Juniors trainer Brian McIntyre arrested at Manchester airport trying to take a shooter and ammo back to the US after Saturdays fight. Been charged, remanded in custody and will appear at crown court next month.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/66705001
Naffman

From what I've seen heading into the 9th it sounds as though Fury is in real trouble. Saw before the fight people were either loading into Fury or backing the KO/TKO at 1.27ish?
Naffman

1.07 to evs at end of fight to 1.01. Never in doubt for the money buyers :lol:
Dublin_Flyer

That Cameron-Taylor fight was amazing, I'm knackered after watching it! It'll take a while for the forehead cut Cameron got to heal, looks like a car crash injury :shock:
Michael5482

Looks like they've started the boxing a bit early as Dubois is walking into the ring now and sure it wasn't till after the Liverpool v Arsenal game when his ring walk was when I looked this morning.

Anyway footy off, laptop away and a few cold ones with the boxing.
Naffman

Miller just shows what PED's can do, the guy looks totally shot now
tryingtotrade

Naffman wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:01 pm
Miller just shows what PED's can do, the guy looks totally shot now
Unlikely he stoped taking PED‘s the way he is talking, not performing as well can have many reasons
Naffman

Wilder had the worst night, Fury’s wasn’t too far behind, I imagine Usyk is now favourite going into the fight in Feb after last night exposed Wilder and Wallin
arbitrage16

Naffman wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:44 am
Wilder had the worst night, Fury’s wasn’t too far behind, I imagine Usyk is now favourite going into the fight in Feb after last night exposed Wilder and Wallin
Maybe, or perhaps AJ working with Ben is just that good.
henbet22

Agree with that assessment. AJ came to the sport late so his ring craft is not that ingrained. Give him patterns to execute in a fight more like a tennis player as Ben Davison is doing then he is immediately a better fighter. Was an interesting night in the world of the sweet science.
arbitrage16

Heard Bunce say that combo AJ landed was his best in 6+ years. Hope he gets the Fury fight and ashes him up, but I think Usyk will have something to say about that
Michael5482

arbitrage16 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:41 pm
Heard Bunce say that combo AJ landed was his best in 6+ years. Hope he gets the Fury fight and ashes him up, but I think Usyk will have something to say about that
Fury just messes about half the time and turned into a circus act but when he needs to he does the business, he's not as daft as he makes out to be or people think. Love him or loath him he's the best heavyweight.

He's 18st and moves like a middleweight, and a boxing brain 2nd to none, that's why he's better than everyone else. Usyk is to small for Fury, he might cause Fury a little trouble if he can get on the inside but in the end he'll jab him to bits, Joshua is more of a brawler and tried to be a boxer and lost about 4 years of his career trying be something he isn't and can never be, he hasn't got the boxing brain or ability to beat Fury, he'll have a punchers chance nothing more.

Return to “Boxing”