Share your servants
Dallas

whiteso wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:36 pm
Dallas wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:49 am
whiteso wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:36 pm
Possible to have one opening lay bet and one opening back bet running at the same time per ladder with these files? If so anyone have the steps?

Or can I just remove the cancel selection rule? Would it have a negative impact on other rules?

Thanks in advance.
Answer is mid way down on first page
Thanks I see it, unfortunately I do not understand the steps.
Which part did you get up to?
kenfrost

Thanks for this Dallas

I have been using it with min stakes of £2 for a few days, placing lay and back orders on the front 3 where the amount of open trades already in the system is low, and have noticed that sometimes the counter bet/lay does not occur, meaning that I have to manually intervene to minimise the loss.

I am running it on what I believe is the fastest speed ie "update" .

Three questions:

1 Is "update" the fastest speed?

2 If I reduce the £100 threshold to say £75, will that increase my chances of the counter bet/lay being matched?

3 Do you have any other suggestions to improve the performance please?

Dallas

kenfrost wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:09 am
Thanks for this Dallas

I have been using it with min stakes of £2 for a few days, placing lay and back orders on the front 3 where the amount of open trades already in the system is low, and have noticed that sometimes the counter bet/lay does not occur, meaning that I have to manually intervene to minimise the loss.

I am running it on what I believe is the fastest speed ie "update" .

Three questions:

1 Is "update" the fastest speed?

2 If I reduce the £100 threshold to say £75, will that increase my chances of the counter bet/lay being matched?

3 Do you have any other suggestions to improve the performance please?

Depending on the liquidity of the market if could just be a case of as it's approaching your waiting bet there is a big order which puts it straight through the price the opposing bet should be placed and takes some or all of your waiting bit

You can add in additional conditions that will close it or try and cancel it before the waiting side is matched but there's no one size fits all for every market type, volume, prices being traded etc
But by watching when it happens and noting what occurred immediately before hand should give you some ideas as to what you need to do to stop or reduce the loss if it occurs

Update means each time something in the market changes it is refreshed/updated, so that should be faster than 20ms
But maybe give it a try using 20ms to see if that changes things first
kenfrost

thepressure

Sorry if this is a little naive but say you back at 8, and it gets to 7.8 so bangs a lay bet in, but before your lay at 7.8 gets matched someone comes in and lays at 8, your back gets filled and your lay is dead in the water?

is this just the inherant risk of this servant, you could get caught and then it could balloon up to 10 and you have to manually cash out with a loss?
Dallas

thepressure wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:08 pm
Sorry if this is a little naive but say you back at 8, and it gets to 7.8 so bangs a lay bet in, but before your lay at 7.8 gets matched someone comes in and lays at 8, your back gets filled and your lay is dead in the water?

is this just the inherant risk of this servant, you could get caught and then it could balloon up to 10 and you have to manually cash out with a loss?
It would be no different to any other trade in regards to there never being a 100% way of ensuring both sides are matched

So it can still be matched if the price trades down to 7.8 again, or you could try and scratch the trade quickly by offer a lay at 8.0, or take a loss on this trade and exit at 8.2 or higher
thepressure

Yeah i get that thankyou, so the advantage is it saves a bit of speed for you if the prices moves veyr fast
Dallas

thepressure wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:45 pm
Yeah i get that thankyou, so the advantage is it saves a bit of speed for you if the prices moves veyr fast
Yes, it means you don't need to monitor the selection and it will also get the trade much faster if the criteria is met than you would even staring at it intensely ready to click
Archery1969

With some slight modifications It works very well on football matches just before team news is announced. 👍
teemo25

andrewr44 wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:38 pm
Been using this successfully for a while now, today was a 100% success rate on most races in the uk. Only thing I will say is NEVER and I mean NEVER use it to trade on maiden races!!!!!! Way too swingy and volatile for using this sort of servant 👍😂
Are you still successful with it? Does it work well with big stakes like £250?
Kermy74

Hi all,

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but when I place my opening back bet, and when the counter lay bet goes into the market the lay bet doesn't get matched. Price then continues to go up and take my opening back bet leaving me in a losing position.
Dallas

Kermy74 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:32 pm
Hi all,

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but when I place my opening back bet, and when the counter lay bet goes into the market the lay bet doesn't get matched. Price then continues to go up and take my opening back bet leaving me in a losing position.
No bet is ever guaranteed to be matched that's just how the exchange works - you need to decide at which point to exit a trade (depending on the strategy) if it looks to have gone against you.
Creation8

the servant has stopped cancelling the back or lay bet waiting when there is less that £100. Do you know how to fix this?
Dallas

Creation8 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:55 pm
the servant has stopped cancelling the back or lay bet waiting when there is less that £100. Do you know how to fix this?
Without knowing exactly what you've edited/changed its difficult to say, but it must include the removal or editing of the Stored Value that tests the amount waiting.
You could just redownload the files from the OP

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants - Shared files”