Isle of Man TT

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
ShaunWhite

greenmark wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:50 pm
But he despised speeding on the open road. He thought it was plain stupid. As a racer he had control of most of the variables, on the road he felt he had so little control of too many variables that it wasn't worth the risk. And that's someone that did the TT.
He's absolutely right, my wreckless speeding days were in the period after wife v1.0 left with my son and everything else I had. I didn't care much about how rides might end. In fact 150mph into a motorway bridge didn't seem like a bad way out some days. Then I met a girl who made life worth living again and I got a grip.
greenmark

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:31 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:50 pm
But he despised speeding on the open road. He thought it was plain stupid. As a racer he had control of most of the variables, on the road he felt he had so little control of too many variables that it wasn't worth the risk. And that's someone that did the TT.
He's absolutely right, my wreckless speeding days were in the period after wife v1.0 left with my son and everything else I had. I didn't care much about how rides might end. In fact 150mph into a motorway bridge didn't seem like a bad way out some days. Then I met a girl who made life worth living again and I got a grip.
Wow quite a statement. Such is lfe eh? But I agree heightened emotions and powerful bikes aren't a great combination. I had a row with a girlfriend and took off in a fury and arrived at a humpback bridge going way too fast and landed in the oncoming lane.
The positives were that from my rough ground riding I knew shutting off would land the bike on it's nose, so I got away with it.
And secondly, it shook me up so much that I learned an important lesson. Walk away from a bike/vehicle/sharp implements if you're angry.

Return to “Chill Out Area”