Ascot

The sport of kings.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Good / bad for you? Easy to trade, tough?

I think I peaked in 2008 at Ascot and didn't do as well last year so I am open minded as to how I will perform this year.
rhysmr2

I've said it before but I hate the "big" meetings, I just can't get an angle on them.

I'll be trading with smaller stakes and messing about with some in play stuff this week.
andyfuller

The inrunning boys need to go to Specsavers :lol:
dan_payne182

i now see the argument for trading higher liquidity markets. So much more stable and consistant. Are you trading purely on Betdaq today Peter or trading betfair aswell? The 14:15 at least still had plenty of fluidity to it with £3.2m matched. If the later markets get too stagnant i may change over though.
Zenyatta

I unloaded on Goldikova and gambled big time to win. It was a great move... the horse shortened from $2.70 to $2.30 by race time but I let my gamble play out. This time I came through. The champion horses usually pull it out of the bag for me in the big races. :D
SpikeyBob

Last year I never liked the big meetings as I always seemed to lose money on them. A year later and with more experience under my belt, I love them. Needless to say I'm hoping to have a good week this week.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

I can't get my orders filled often enough, too much money to get it through the market quickly enough. I think I am just too big for the market.
andyfuller

Thats the best of the racing done with today, I have found it very good and had no trouble getting matched but I am sure my stakes are a fraction of Peters.

I have found it far better than Cheltenham, there has been some good movement happening and the make up to the markets have been good. I will be happy if every day of the meeting is like today.

Needed a good day with the Premium Charge to pay tomorrow :evil:
Stewart

Mixed bag for me today although there have been some good moves, however, I dropped a clanger at Thirsk which cost me £170 - Whatever I was doing wasn't trading it was just digging a bigger and bigger hole :oops:
rhysmr2

Well, I'm about £174 up so far from 7 races so not bad but some of it was from messing about in play. I still felt the pre-race markets were very hard with all that money about but I did get on some decent moves at least.

I had a good week last week, my premium charge for last week is £196.04 (£1183.18 from 4 days profit which is great for me.

I might transfer some cash over to betdaq for the next few ascot days and give that a go, see if I find it any easier.
andyfuller

There was a great late move in that race (17.00) for the fav going from 6.0 into 4.6 :!:
andyfuller

I have to say I have found Thirsk rubbish - probably me struggling to adjust after Ascot but made virtually nothing there all day.

Doesn't help having to listen to Dale Gibson - I had hoped RUK had got rid of him after his woeful début in the Studio months ago - hopefully today is only one of very few appearances.
Yantraman

Well i dont normally trade on a tues but girlfriend is away so thought I have an extra days trading this week.... and I am glad I did what a good day - just traded ascot, I am really getting to read these bigger meetings better these days. It help to turn down the radio/tv and trade in silence - better for the concentration I am finding.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

andyfuller wrote:I have to say I have found Thirsk rubbish - probably me struggling to adjust after Ascot but made virtually nothing there all day.
By contrast I have thumped a few Thirsk races.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

That first market felt so different from yesterday. Got caught out a bit on that!

Return to “Trading Horse racing”