Happy Corner

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:32 pm
Littering the streets with fag butts is flipping disgusting. So I've just purchased a pocket ashtray for just £4.39. :D

https://www.amazon.co.uk/EKdirect-Porta ... C84&sr=8-2
Fag butts are less of a problem round here. Discarded drink bottles and polystyrene fast food containers certainly And today a tube of pipe lagging propped against a hedge. Totally bizarre.
But high five to you for acting. :D
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:04 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Littering the streets with fag butts is flipping disgusting. So I've just purchased a pocket ashtray for just £4.39. :D

Fag butts are less of a problem round here. Discarded drink bottles and polystyrene fast food containers certainly And today a tube of pipe lagging propped against a hedge. Totally bizarre.
I remember walking half-a-mile down a coastal road in Spain without seeing a single fag butt or piece of litter. Over here, I walk past discarded washing machines, tumble dryers, furniture, etc. You don't even notice - it's become part of the scenery!
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:14 pm
greenmark wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:04 pm
Derek27 wrote:

I remember walking half-a-mile down a coastal road in Spain without seeing a single fag butt or piece of litter. Over here, I walk past discarded washing machines, tumble dryers, furniture, etc. You don't even notice - it's become part of the scenery!
The fly dumpiing fight goes on, but I think for the casual littering we need a new Keep Britain Tidy campaign front and centre. I know there are inititiatives out there, but they need to be better promoted. Litter is such a pain. Schools could do a lot here I think. The street is not a place to scoff and then dump the packaging.
Derek27

Your B&Q delivery will be tomorrow between 16:00 - 18:00. The driver will phone 30 minutes before you need to be in.

Now that's what I call a first-class service. I thought I'd have to be in all day. :D
Derek27

It's amazing how you can shop at a supermarket for years, but only notice it's got a toilet when you desperately need it. :D
conduirez

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:44 pm
It's amazing how you can shop at a supermarket for years, but only notice it's got a toilet when you desperately need it. :D
It's the filthy guys who come out of the Supermarket toilet without washing their hands, and go straight down the fruit and veg isle picking up those apple and pears to inspect them, and then putting them back on the shelf for someone else.

Bon Appétit! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Derek27

conduirez wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:06 pm
Derek27 wrote:
It's the filthy guys who come out of the Supermarket toilet without washing their hands, and go straight down the fruit and veg isle picking up those apple and pears to inspect them, and then putting them back on the shelf for someone else.

Fruit and veg can be washed. It's the bakery section, bread, doughnuts, etc. that you need to be wary off. I've been put off the Lidl bakery products ever since I saw someone during the lockdown pick up a slice of pizza and put it back. They have tongs but some can't be arsed to use them.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:30 pm
conduirez wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:06 pm
Derek27 wrote:

Fruit and veg can be washed. It's the bakery section, bread, doughnuts, etc. that you need to be wary off. I've been put off the Lidl bakery products ever since I saw someone during the lockdown pick up a slice of pizza and put it back. They have tongs but some can't be arsed to use them.
1st world problems eh?

Happier is that the blue tits are back. Lord knows where they've been! Avian flu? Anyhow, they're back wreaking havoc on the insects around my windows.
Just hope I don't get another headbanger that see's his reflection and nuts it, repeatedly and aggresively.
Derek27

Popped into B&Q to buy a small piece of wood. Twelve flipping quid for an 800x400x18mm board! I thought fuck that, walked out, and found exactly what I wanted in a basket of free offcuts, you only had to make a charity donation. :D
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:07 pm
Popped into B&Q to buy a small piece of wood. Twelve flipping quid for an 800x400x18mm board! I thought fuck that, walked out, and found exactly what I wanted in a basket of free offcuts, you only had to make a charity donation. :D
Timber is very expensive ... I recently realised I have over £1,000 of ply sheeting in some unused stables ... won't be buying ply for a while! :D
Emmson

Remembered fondly
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

I've eaten my Easter egg. It's just like being a child again. :D
Derek27

Greta's been detained by police again for blocking a highway into the Haigh.

Lock her up and throw away the key. :D
Emmson

I'm open to the view that traditional Chip Pans are better than modern Deep Fat Fryers, providing you stay in the kitchen when using one and NEVER leave one unattended when on a hob.

Less Faff
Easier To Clean
Emmson

Furthermore Oven Chips, Air Fryer Chips, Microwave Chips do not cut it taste wise, there is a marked downturn in taste.

Hail the old fashioned traditional chip pan. (never leave one unattended)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Chill Out Area”