Where Am I Specifically Going Wrong With This Please?

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
JustLukeYou

So last night I backed more than 1+ goals in the first half of Man City which won. However, before the match I was confident that there would 2+ goals so I was going take the profit from the 1+ goals and place it on 2+ goals to boost the profit but also give me security.

So I would put £1 on 1.25 and them put .25 on 1.8 to make a total of £1.45 does anyone do anything like this. It seemed to much like gambling but if this type of method is successful 75% of the time then it can substantial boosts the prpfits over a long term period. Any views on this please? I could have traded out the 2+ goals if necessary and still made a profit on the 1+ goals.
Derek27

JustLukeYou wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:46 pm
So last night I backed more than 1+ goals in the first half of Man City which won. However, before the match I was confident that there would 2+ goals so I was going take the profit from the 1+ goals and place it on 2+ goals to boost the profit but also give me security.

So I would put £1 on 1.25 and them put .25 on 1.8 to make a total of £1.45 does anyone do anything like this. It seemed to much like gambling but if this type of method is successful 75% of the time then it can substantial boosts the prpfits over a long term period. Any views on this please? I could have traded out the 2+ goals if necessary and still made a profit on the 1+ goals.
No, I think you're the only person in the world that asks for reviews on every single bet you place!

Don't quite understand how you worked out you made £1.45? 0.25 + 0.20 = 45 pence!

Where did you get the 75% from. Research from your results or a complete guess?
JustLukeYou

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:04 pm
JustLukeYou wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:46 pm

No, I think you're the only person in the world that asks for reviews on every single bet you place!

Don't quite understand how you worked out you made £1.45? 0.25 + 0.20 = 45 pence!

Where did you get the 75% from. Research from your results or a complete guess?
The profit would be 0.45 if the stake was £1 and placed the 0.25 on 2+ goals so I would need a total stake £1.25 but I would receive that back if only 1 goal is scored.

It is a plan "if this type of method is successful 75%
JustLukeYou

Derek27, you will be hard pushed to break my spirit today as around 3 years ago I bought something £2.00 at a car boot sale and sold it today for £220.00

Sometimes highly profitable items take time to sell.
Derek27

JustLukeYou wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:23 pm
Derek27, you will be hard pushed to break my spirit today as around 3 years ago I bought something £2.00 at a car boot sale and sold it today for £220.00

So we're back to 'Derek27' now. ;)

I don't know why you think I'm trying to break your spirit. I just pointed out where you specifically have gone wrong in your post, which is what the thread title asks for, and gave you a valid view on what you've done, which is what your post asked for!

I also asked you a very valid question as to where you got the 75% from, which is crucial for anyone to give you a view as requested, which as usual, you didn't answer.

Well done with your car boot profit.
greenmark

JustLukeYou wrote:

I find Luke hysterically funny and admire his/her tenacity. Why ask questions on here if you can make £218 from a £2 investment?
greenmark

Also Luke I need some advice about Huddersfield v Middlesbrough.
What's your thinking?
Jukebox

I think it will be goaless for the first half hour
greenmark

Jukebox wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:24 pm
I think it will be goaless for the first half hour
:)
JustLukeYou

greenmark wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:10 pm
JustLukeYou wrote:

I find Luke hysterically funny and admire his/her tenacity. Why ask questions on here if you can make £218 from a £2 investment?
Hi Greenmark, anyone can make £218 from a £2 investment. Just spend many hours researching profitable items that can be found at car boot sales and then spend many hours at car boot sales hoping you find them. Although it can be good exercise on a Sunday morning.

For starters spend time on eBay researching chess sets, branded jigsaw, lawn bowls. Also buy stuff and see how it works out. I bought a digital camera for £3 and sold it for £80 and a bank note counter for £20 and sold it for £110. I bought the bank note counter because I had seen them in banks so I thought they sell for a decent amount of money.

As for Huddersfield v Middlesboro I really wouldn't have a clue. I know they are both struggling. I would look at how many goals they are typically scoring and go for Under 3.5 goals.

If you want to try it look for things other people ignore. Most people look for Lego and video games whilst they walk past a set of lawn bowls they could buy for £20 and sell for £250. Some I worked with years a go bought a box of 30 Sony tape cassettes and sold them for a total of £1,000.
Last edited by JustLukeYou on Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek27

JustLukeYou wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:09 pm
greenmark wrote:
JustLukeYou wrote:

Hi Greenmark, anyone can make £218 from a £2 investment. Just spend many hours researching profitable items that can be found at car boot sales and then spend many hours at car boot sales hoping you find them. Although it can be good exercise on a Sunday morning.

For starters spend time on eBay researching chess sets, branded jigsaw, lawn bowls. Also buy stuff and see how it works out. I bought a digital camera for £3 and sold it for £80 and a bank note counter for £20 and sold it for £110. I bought the bank note counter because I had seen them in banks so I thought they sell for a decent amount of money.

As for Huddersfield v Middlesboro I really wouldn't have a clue. I know they are both struggling. I would look at how many goals they are typically scoring and go for Under 3.5 goals.
Can you explain exactly how you buy a camera for £3 and sell it for £80?

What's your precise strategy, how did you choose the camera, how did you know when and for how much to sell it for?

Better still, can you do a YouTube video advising how to buy and sell, and have Portuguese subtitles in case Paulo's interested.
Last edited by Derek27 on Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JustLukeYou

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:20 pm
JustLukeYou wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:09 pm
greenmark wrote:

Can you explain exactly how you buy a camera for £3 and sell it for £80?

What's your precise strategy, how did you choose the camera, how did you know when and for how much to sell it for?
Haha Derek27, you can be very sarcastic at times. It was only £3 so if I was wrong I could sell it for £8 and get my £3 back so I wouldn't lose money but it sold for £80. The strange thing is I and still don't understand but they digital camera is about 10 years old and worse quality that you find in most modern smartphones.
jimibt

Derek(27) -{lol} - unless you can't resist, I'd personally use MY (this is me only) energy elsewhere. I honestly don't think an(y) idealogical clash will sway either party..

On the bright side, we'll get back (i.e. DOWN) to an AVG of 4.5 posts, per day on higher yielding posters... (with a curfew on certain topics)

ponder... ??!! (yes, you too lucky luke)
JustLukeYou

Lucky Luke, buying something for £2 and selling it for £220 isn't luck. It's research and moving one foot in front of the other lol
Derek27

JustLukeYou wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:22 pm
Lucky Luke, buying something for £2 and selling it for £220 isn't luck. It's research and moving one foot in front of the other lol
Can you not apply the same level of research, and effort of moving one foot in front of the other to trading, instead of asking the forum to do your research and move your feet for you?

Return to “Football trading”