Where Am I Specifically Going Wrong With This Please?

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
wearthefoxhat

adryan87 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:21 pm
Thnx for everything. But what about match selection. Can i select some matches in the morning to follow? Some criteria? In the weeknd are a tone of games.
Look for away teams with poor defences. ie: Concede goals. Even against other poor teams they still let them in.

Sofascore league tables show home/away stats and summarise info really well. The attack/momentum charts will give you a good indication too.

Don't be afraid to scratch the trade and go again, keeps losses small...etc
Kai

adryan87 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:21 pm
Thnx for everything. But what about match selection. Can i select some matches in the morning to follow? Some criteria? In the weeknd are a tone of games.
The selection process is down to you, others can't select games and find good trading opportunities for you. That's where most of the skill actually is and you can only develop that skill through experience. Staking plans and the execution is the easy part I think, but patiently waiting for a good setup and actually recognizing when a trading opportunity appears is definitely the part that people usually struggle with in football. Like they say, good things come to those who wait :)

There's just too many games around, you have to actively look for opportunities which is the annoying part, they won't line up in an orderly fashion like perhaps in horse racing. And usually the more markets you trade per day the more variance you get because you're probably not watching any, that's why some prefer quality over quantity and why some people specialize certain leagues and/or teams. Of course, in an attempt to increase the quality of the opportunities and decrease the variance of the results, although I feel there's realistically not much you can do about the variance of football trading other than just accept it.

Football can be annoying at times but nothing to be afraid of, at worst you should about break even, unless you're doing something terribly wrong.
adryan87

I understand. I follow a guy who play LTD with some succes. I don't know why many of You Say is not good now. The procces of game selection is the key. So,he chose the games where the odd on draw îs bettwen 3 and for 4. And bet in play when the odd drop to 2. I know,nothing special,i think everybody tried that in the past. So,that's why i mention about a pre-match selection..
jamesg46

adryan87 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:22 am
I understand. I follow a guy who play LTD with some succes. I don't know why many of You Say is not good now. The procces of game selection is the key. So,he chose the games where the odd on draw îs bettwen 3 and for 4. And bet in play when the odd drop to 2. I know,nothing special,i think everybody tried that in the past. So,that's why i mention about a pre-match selection..
I think most probably you would likely find that 10 people could have 10 different criteria from each other, everyone wants to add some sort of "bolt on" to a package/system that they're either selling or plan to sell. All of this just takes away from the raw basic ingredients needed imo & that's you, the market & how you read a game.

The internet is full of do A & B if C & D are = to P and 8 times out of 10 you will achieve E - I'm not saying that people dont have successful systems based on that approach but you just can not beat some good old fashioned match watching imo.

Go back to yesterday and watch the Sevilla vs Villarreal game the game was 0-1 at ht and just from watching the match you could see that Villarreal were sat deep wanting to defend their advantage, Sevilla had different plans, there was sustained pressure from Sevilla who eventually got their equaliser & they didnt want to stop at that, they were going for the winner too, which left them open for the counter.

Valencia vs Real Madrid game was a good game too - Valencia sat deep and the first 20 mins Madrid were all over Valencia and probably should have scored, which was my position, they didnt and at ht it was 0-0 Valencia came out in the second half and pressed a little higher and eventually they hit Madrid on the counter If I remember correctly. From there it was all out warfare and in the last 5 or 10 mins Madrid were desperately searching for that goal, the pressure was huge and Madrid had one ruled for offside, one of the very last attacks lead to a corner, some scrappy play in Valencia's box and eventually Benzema smashed it in the back of the net... Valencia were 1.05 at that time, maybe a little less... you cant see that through do A,B,C etc. Its instinct & taking advantage of them moments - you wont always get it right and I'm no expert, so don't take my advice as gospel, I'm just looking at it for myself. Try not to get lost in this system sellers narrative.

There are games streamed from the Betair app daily, flick them ones on... maybe stick with a higher quality league and try not to be biased, choose your thoughts based on an overview of what's going on in reality, not what someone else thinks, it's a skill and being able to read and feel a match comes with experience not stats (although they do have their use)

Just my opinion, sorry for the long winded reply.
wearthefoxhat

Just to add to some good posts.

The poorest away team in the Premier League in Aston Villa. Up against a gritty, hard to beat Sheff Utd. (Note they have still scored 12 goals though)

AVilla.GIF

Evidence required, even if unable to watch the game live - Attack Momentum graphs.

AttMom.GIF

The evidence suggests to me A.Villa have been stifled and have not contributed in the first half. Although Sheff Utd hadn't exactly knocked the door down either.

1sthalf.GIF

Which market to use?

You mentioned LTD, yep at HT a sure trade.
Over/Under 2.5g or Over/Under 3.5g are slow moving but rewarding with good swings.
Dutching correct scores is an option. Bet Angel have the best dutching software ever.
L2B the away team as the pressure increases.

Just a few ideas....Merry Christmas.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stevie D

I come from financial markets trading. Any trade requires a plan. Where you get in, where you get out and where you cut your risk if it all goes to shit. Do thyis for all of your trades and you should find your results improving. If you wing it, it will only end in didaster
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:13 am
Derek27 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:55 am
13 pages in 24 hours!
I see where you got that clip from now, I've reached series 2. :D
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:30 am
Kai wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:13 am
Derek27 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:55 am
13 pages in 24 hours!
I see where you got that clip from now, I've reached series 2. :D
No idea how you found the post but better late than never :)

Yeah, a gif can come in clutch when one is at a loss for words :D
Archangel

Have you tried turning it off and on again ?
sniffer66

My favourite is the "I'm disabled" theatre episode
Derek27

sniffer66 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:45 pm
Yeah, that's the best I've seen so far, start of series 2.

I initially thought the jumping out of the window clip was about somebody at the table boring him to death. I've often felt like doing the same myself. :lol:
Euler

sniffer66 wrote:
Absolute comedy classic
sionascaig

sniffer66 wrote:
Going to the "theatre" to watch a musical called "Gay! The Musical!"... One of the best alright..
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:31 pm
sniffer66 wrote:
Yeah, that's the best I've seen so far, start of series 2.

I initially thought the jumping out of the window clip was about somebody at the table boring him to death. I've often felt like doing the same myself. :lol:
Seemed appropriate at the time. Looking back it turned out a decent thread overall, certainly educational in different ways!

And he certainly asked a lot of questions too, but boy did he not like any of the answers!!!
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:46 pm

And he certainly asked a lot of questions too, but boy did he not like any of the answers!!!
Not surprising looking at the first few replies. :lol: It seems he already reached the stage where people couldn't take him seriously, but I might take another look at the thread when I wish to be amused. :mrgreen:

Return to “Football trading”