Greyhound Mystique

Any markets not covered in the other boards
spreadbetting

Thanks
ruthlessimon

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:19 pm
Scaling up, depending on what stakes you started with, for me, looks achievable. As I write, +23.05 from 11 trades, 2 races still to go, last one 6.09 tonight. I envisage that I could eventually put a 0 on the end of that figure. £200 a day is not too shabby. (3 hours work)
£70k valuation :shock:
Archery1969

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Archery1969 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:56 pm
Dipstick wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:32 pm
Found this theme interesting. How did Archery do yesterday?

I am a believer that there are always people out there with more knowledge than me (particularly given the multiplicity of different sports) and hence am interested when someone looks to find that edge in a sport where I have found it difficult to get that edge. Am not loking for someone to give away their crown jewels but like to hear about how others are doing and think that this approach has got to be part of a profitable strategy - even if time heavy for collating the data

Dipstick
Hi,

Yeserday i was + £63.18 after taking a few hits whereby a few of my BTL selections were apposed by SportingLIfe and some of my LTB selections were actually supported by Sporting Life. If it hadnt been for those then it would have ended up around £87 for the day. Biggest problem is scaling up and/or getting matched on the Greyhounds. You can drip feed to a point but not if the market suddenly corrects itself during the last minute.

Its not longer heavy for callating the data and deciding which are BTL / LTB trades. A forum member went the extra mile and has automated all the donkey work. He deserves a big thankyou from me.
Nice work and excellent news on automating the donkey work.

At the moment, I enjoy the process of data input, but if/when I hit a few losing days, it will test my resolve for sure. For now, it's going well, maybe too well, but thanks to Archery for starting the thread and sharing his thought process. I also spend an hour or so recording the results on the races I calculated in the morning.

On that, one thing I noticed was that if the exit point requires a "Keep SP" option, there are times it gets rejected by Betfair. On horse racing the markets are bigger, so unless your chucking £10,000 as the BSP, all should be okay. The greyhound market can act a little differently.

Also, the timing of the exit shouldn't be left to 0.01 secs before the off. These races can go off seconds earlier than that.

Scaling up, depending on what stakes you started with, for me, looks achievable. As I write, +23.05 from 11 trades, 2 races still to go, last one 6.09 tonight. I envisage that I could eventually put a 0 on the end of that figure. £200 a day is not too shabby. (3 hours work)

As I analyse other aspects of the spreadsheets, there may be more races I can use as well. For now I don't touch the evening racing due to time constraints.
Great stuff.

One thing i did try when i got my auto sent file at 10.00pm lastnight was to enter a number of lay trades at various price points for one of the LTB selections. At that time the only people in the market are Bots offering stupid prices obviously. I was amazaed at how quickly a few of my trades got taken, presumebly because i was first in the queue. This allowed me to trade out one race with early race this morning for £13 green at 1 minute to post time. Which has now given me another idea for getting matched.

The final piece of the puzzle is to ignore BTL trades if Sporting Life is apposing them and LTB trades if Sportling Life is supporting them. For certain races it seems general punters are going with their advice for their picks. This doesnt mean they win ofcourse but means the odds dont move as i anticipated with the original rules. But given the number of races these are a small number.
Archery1969

Results for today attached. £149.31
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wearthefoxhat

Archery1969 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:31 pm
Results for today attached. £149.31
Greats results. I did notice a bit more liquidity in the evening market.

Consistency is the word that springs to mind! ie: Mark Douglas - Trading In the zone.
wearthefoxhat

mssge.GIF

Early start today. (new routine)

I'm also gonna test out a basic Lay Fixed Liability approach alongside the trading one. This covers all 143 markets, not all bets will be on as liquidity is not as big in some races, but it might have legs. (automated of course)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Archery1969

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:19 am
mssge.GIF

I'm also gonna test out a basic Lay Fixed Liability approach alongside the trading one. This covers all 143 markets, not all bets will be on as liquidity is not as big in some races, but it might have legs. (automated of course)
:D

I always wanted to own a Greyhound.
Shaung89

Quick question....

If you can consistently beat the SP, why not just bet the selections being flagged as a trade?

Also im assuming you take 'calculated time' as your input which does open up a little bit of subjectivity...

Really great to see you've found something working for you and that the community have helped you optimise the edge :)

Well done!
Archery1969

Shaung89 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:43 am
Quick question....

If you can consistently beat the SP, why not just bet the selections being flagged as a trade?

Also im assuming you take 'calculated time' as your input which does open up a little bit of subjectivity...

Really great to see you've found something working for you and that the community have helped you optimise the edge :)

Well done!
What do you mean as a trade ?

I doubt i am beating SP. Have seen some trades go from 4.2 (I get matched at 4.0) to 3.6 (I trade out) only for them to go back up and the dog starts at 4.6. In that case I havent beaten SP but i have still locked in a profit. I am not straight backing or laying and see what happens even if i am beating SP etc.
Kai

Archery1969 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:46 am
Have seen some trades go from 4.2 (I get matched at 4.0) to 3.6 (I trade out) only for them to go back up and the dog starts at 4.6.
Overbacking can regularly trigger pullbacks or even complete trend reversals, as it's one of the most predominant patterns on the exchange overall. Last time I looked at greyhounds it was the case there as well, the money should visibly switch sides as it's a thin market so not many places to hide.
wearthefoxhat

ruthlessimon wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:08 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:
£70k valuation :shock:
Soon adds up! :shock:

The first aim would be to achieve a +£5k month, and then try to rinse/repeat.
wearthefoxhat

Archery1969 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:34 am
wearthefoxhat wrote:
mssge.GIF

If it carries on like this I'm calling it:... The Dogs Bollocks :)

Do you think the NGRC/GBGB will allow it?
Archery1969

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:42 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:34 am
wearthefoxhat wrote:
mssge.GIF

If it carries on like this I'm calling it:... The Dogs Bollocks :)

Do you think the NGRC/GBGB will allow it?
🤠
Airliner

Archery1969 wrote:
Dipstick wrote:

I am a believer that there are always people out there with more knowledge than me (particularly given the multiplicity of different sports) and hence am interested when someone looks to find that edge in a sport where I have found it difficult to get that edge. Am not loking for someone to give away their crown jewels but like to hear about how others are doing and think that this approach has got to be part of a profitable strategy - even if time heavy for collating the data

Dipstick
Hi,

Yeserday i was + £63.18 after taking a few hits whereby a few of my BTL selections were apposed by SportingLIfe and some of my LTB selections were actually supported by Sporting Life. If it hadnt been for those then it would have ended up around £87 for the day. Biggest problem is scaling up and/or getting matched on the Greyhounds. You can drip feed to a point but not if the market suddenly corrects itself during the last minute.

Its not longer heavy for callating the data and deciding which are BTL / LTB trades. A forum member went the extra mile and has automated all the donkey work. He deserves a big thankyou from me.
Hi archery

Congratulations on finding and developing a system that works for you. I've had a different system based on the fastest and slowest time of the dogs but going through each market and copying the times into excel was taking a lot of time - I could probably do about 40 an hour...

Do you have a file that could populate race times into excel into a format like this one below or something similar?

Times Screenshot.jpg
Archery1969

Airliner wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:56 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Dipstick wrote:

Dipstick
Hi,

Hi archery

Congratulations on finding and developing a system that works for you. I've had a different system based on the fastest and slowest time of the dogs but going through each market and copying the times into excel was taking a lot of time - I could probably do about 40 an hour...

Do you have a file that could populate race times into excel into a format like this one below or something similar?

Times Screenshot.jpg
Hi,

Yes I do.

Another forum member very kindly built some automation and each day at 10.00pm I get a file automatically emailed to me with the selections highlighted.

However, I am not the owner and therefore cannot share for obvious reasons.

Cheers,

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”