Fast picture boys clean up at Doncaster

The sport of kings.
andyfuller

I wish Betfair would do something about the speed of pictures and their market suspension. On the last Doncaster race (16.10) the Favourite reared up AFTER the gates opened however the horse was laid massively before the market was turned inplay and started on my ATR pictures. I can't see anyother explanation as to why the horse was laid in the way it was other than because of the horse rearing and this being seen well before the market went inplay. It is similar to how Betfair don't suspend a market until the horse has crossed the line on ATR despite it having crossed the line a good 3 seconds to 4 seconds before, the only reason I can see for this is so that they earn more commission from more bets being matched.

Oh well can't see anything changing but just wanted to have a moan :lol:
Zenyatta

Remember the trader's motto:

'He who controls time, controls the universe!'
CaerMyrddin

Couldn't agree more, many sucessful strategies are time based. The ones who get the news first always have an edge ;)
PeterLe

Not too long ago I would have been inclined to agree with some of these statements..they seem very logical..but believe me the fast picture boys dont always have the edge.
regards
Peter
Last edited by PeterLe on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
RafterP

Sorry in advance if somebody has already asked this question but who offer the fastest pictures?

Is it an online subsriptioc to ATR?
JollyGreen

RafterP wrote:Sorry in advance if somebody has already asked this question but who offer the fastest pictures?

Is it an online subsriptioc to ATR?
The fastest pictures in the UK come from terrestrial TV like BBC and Channel 4 via an old fashion aerial. Those days are disappearing fast with the switch off of the analogue signal. After that the fastest pictures for racing come from Sis (Commercial version of ATR) and then it's TurfTV (Commercial version of RUK).

Having fast pictures is only an advantage if you can read a race; obviously the rearing of a horse in the stalls is different. I have been to trading rooms and sat with people who couldn't pick their nose let alone the likely winner. I have seen some horrendous errors that have cost £10,000 in one hit. I spoke with some of the successful guys and to a man they all admitted their biggest wins came from a slice of luck. They placed an order and someone was stupid enough to match them at 1000 etc.

I know some people who make their living from fast pictures but they CAN read a race and wait for specific scenarios where they can profit.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”