A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

Crazyskier wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:11 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:54 pm
Crazyskier wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:44 pm
Actually, you forgot the 'fewer' rather than 'less' freedoms, as they're quantifiable.

CS
Grammarly keeps chasing me up on that one, annoyingly. :)
It's a simple rule, Derek: if one can count the units, it's 'fewer'; if not, then use 'less'.

Example: 'I'd like less sugar in my coffee', as opposed to: 'I'd like fewer than 4 spoonfuls of sugar in my coffee'. Less sand, fewer bags of sand, etc, etc... You can't count sugar or sand per se, so it's 'less'. You can however count bags, spoonfuls and freedoms, (as they are quantifiable) so it's 'fewer'.

CS
I'm glad somebody on the forum was in the classroom while I was sitting on the bog reading the Sporting Life. ;)
jamesg46

I'm not sure if it's just me, but people tend to criticise grammar when they're lost for countering what someone else has said. They know what is meant, but have no logical response. The last resort is to make someone look stupid because of the way they wrote, without considering the context. The stupid people are the ones who don't dig into the context.
alexmr2

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:34 pm
1) What hard evidence do you have, way beyond the typical speculations of an average ten-year-old, of Bill Gates having any involvement in Covid-19, manipulating markets or creating the science-fictional chip you keep talking about, as well as controlling and arranging the manufacturing and distribution of it to all the vaccine producers?
That's exactly what Bill Gates would say if someone was on to his pre-off markets edge. Come to think of it, you could be Bill Gates or one of his robots in disguise. Derek and disguise both start with the letter D and the 27 in your username could mean 2+7=9 then turn that upside down and you have 6, the number of Satan.
Derek27 wrote:
2) What motive does the UK or any other government have to destroy their economy by stopping people from working and spending have?
The debt in the UK is unsustainable, we are producing and exporting less than ever and have more public spending than ever. The NHS is not sustainable, there isn't enough resources for everyone to have an electric car when the oil runs out for example, so the agenda is to take more control, depopulate the country and decrease lifespans instead of having people draining resources for the final 40% of their life.

The capitalism model will be reset to a more successful one like communist China and then we will have a larger Universal Basic Income class who are coerced into volunteering to keep the country running. The middle class will be reduced, which will be good for the environment and finite resources when less people can afford cars and travel abroad. We will have a digital identity/currency/social credit system to keep us in check and if we misbehave our money will be switched off.
Derek27

alexmr2 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:38 pm
Derek27 wrote:
1) What hard evidence do you have, way beyond the typical speculations of an average ten-year-old, of Bill Gates having any involvement in Covid-19, manipulating markets or creating the science-fictional chip you keep talking about, as well as controlling and arranging the manufacturing and distribution of it to all the vaccine producers?
That's exactly what Bill Gates would say if someone was on to his pre-off markets edge. Come to think of it, you could be Bill Gates or one of his robots in disguise. Derek and disguise both start with the letter D and the 27 in your username could mean 2+7=9 then turn that upside down and you have 6, the number of Satan.
How long have you been drinking Alex? We should be having this discussion in the beer garden.

I wasn't asking you what Bill Gates would say but what evidence you have. Perhaps you're struggling to understand the difference between a statement and a question?
alexmr2 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:38 pm
Derek27 wrote:
2) What motive does the UK or any other government have to destroy their economy by stopping people from working and spending have?
The debt in the UK is unsustainable, we are producing and exporting less than ever and have more public spending than ever. The NHS is not sustainable, there isn't enough resources for everyone to have an electric car when the oil runs out for example, so the agenda is to take more control, depopulate the country and decrease lifespans instead of having people draining resources for the final 40% of their life.

The capitalism model will be reset to a more successful one like communist China and then we will have a larger Universal Basic Income class who are coerced into volunteering to keep the country running. The middle class will be reduced, which will be good for the environment and finite resources when less people can afford cars and travel abroad. We will have a digital identity/currency/social credit system to keep us in check and if we misbehave our money will be switched off.
You quoted my second question but your reply has absolutely fuck all to do with my question. I wasn't asking for your twisted opinion on what the agenda is or what will happen in the future. I was asking what's the government's motivation to destroy the economy by stopping businesses from selling goods, services and paying taxes?

There's not much chance of persuading anyone into your beliefs if you can't even engage in a conversation. Stop wasting your time searching the internet for videos from David Icke and idiots, and do a bit of thinking and engaging.
Last edited by Derek27 on Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crazyskier

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:34 pm
I'm not sure if it's just me, but people tend to criticise grammar when they're lost for countering what someone else has said. They know what is meant, but have no logical response. The last resort is to make someone look stupid because of the way they wrote, without considering the context. The stupid people are the ones who don't dig into the context.
I quite agree, as a general rule, however that wasn't the case in this instance.

CS
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:34 pm
Don't try that down the pub.....in Liverpool. ;)
alexmr2

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:17 am
There's not much chance of persuading anyone into your beliefs if you can't even engage in a conversation. Stop wasting your time searching the internet for videos from David Icke and idiots, and do a bit of thinking and engaging.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP8Xasew2Hs
Derek27

alexmr2 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:48 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:17 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP8Xasew2Hs
How old are you Alex?

When I was little I was given books that mainly consisted of pictures and a few simple words, used to watch Play School, but nowadays I'm developed enough to talk, write and engage in a conversation. I see you're still at the stage of posting pictures and videos. :lol:

I don't have time to watch a 7-minute comedy video but if you want to reply to my previous post, I'm happy to engage. :)
greenmark

A week after receiving my vax letter, and repeated failed attempts to book an appointment (which is great cos it means high demand), I've finally got both jabs booked in. Even though my grammar is fawlty. :-)
Is there an emoticon for a smug smile? About the vax, not the grammar or spelling.:-)
invisiblelayer

I got a prickly type rash on both arms from the AstraZeneca. Was that Bill Gates firing up the systems I wonder?
greenmark

invisiblelayer wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:13 am
I got a prickly type rash on both arms from the AstraZeneca. Was that Bill Gates firing up the systems I wonder?
Perhaps. Do you feel an unusually strong attraction to Cortana?
Derek27

I've got a Covid test on Tuesday. :D
Mr.Teeny

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:18 am
I've got a Covid test on Tuesday. :D
Good luck, Derek27. I hope you test negative for COVID-19, yet positive for CHELT-21 :D

I had my CHELT-21 vaccine last week, hopefully it will prevent me from making bad trades, going in play and make me immune to chasing losses. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Derek27

Now I've been offered a vaccine. :D
Derek27

FFS, no appointments after 3 pm!

Return to “General discussion”