Coronavirus - A pale horse,4 men and ....beer

A place to discuss anything.
Archery1969

Major incident declared in Bournemouth.

- Beach totally overcrowded with virtually zero social distancing.
- Lots of punch ups.
- Illegal overnight camping
- Roads in and out gridlocked

And further a long the coast.

- Hundreds of rival youths trashing Hove lawns and fighting.
jimibt

Archery1969 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:34 pm
Major incident declared in Bournemouth.

- Beach totally overcrowded with virtually zero social distancing.
- Lots of punch ups.
- Illegal overnight camping
- Roads in and out gridlocked

And further a long the coast.

- Hundreds of rival youths trashing Hove lawns and fighting.
SOO proud to be British!! (or is that Titish) :D
Derek27

flipping hell! I was going to reply to something here but my computer's so hot in the sunshine my fingers are burning just touching the keyboard/touchpad. :D
greenmark

It baffles me why people head for the coast to bake in the sun, get sand in their drinks and be surrounded by potentially unpleasant people.
I have this mental image of a helicopter view of the uk with a daily migration from inland to coast.
Conversely, my local walk, under shady trees, around pleasant reservoirs are almost deserted.
But i guess you do have to acknowledge some people (perhaps a lot) are staring at unemployment over the next few months.
Who am I to deny them some pleasure now?
spreadbetting

People are creatures of habit guess most are desperate for their beach holiday and lazing around on a bit of sand with a few cans appeals more than walking in some woods. At least they're outside with some kind of distancing , a couple of weeks time and everyone will be crowding into pubs which will be a lot more likely to kick off the second wave. Think we just have to accept lockdown, and any distancing, is effectively finished and we just need to ensure we take our own precautions now, every man for themselves.
superfrank

Coronavirus: Head suspended after saying some teachers 'did nothing' in lockdown
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/coro ... -2lltshvwv
She said some teachers were working hard "coming up with the most imaginative, amazing things" but that others "sit at home doing nothing — I won’t defend those people." Asked if that included teachers at her school, she said: "Yes, I think it’s time we talked about the elephant in the room."
She took the school from inadequate to outstanding so maybe she knows what she's talking about, but instead is suspended for "potentially disparaging comments".

This country!
Emmson

superfrank wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:12 pm
Coronavirus: Head suspended after saying some teachers 'did nothing' in lockdown
She said some teachers were working hard "coming up with the most imaginative, amazing things" but that others "sit at home doing nothing — I won’t defend those people." Asked if that included teachers at her school, she said: "Yes, I think it’s time we talked about the elephant in the room."
She took the school from inadequate to outstanding so maybe she knows what she's talking about, but instead is suspended for "potentially disparaging comments".

This country!
A rare moment where I can agree with frank, I can well imagine the head was right. Sounds like a quality teacher to me.
gazuty

Emmson wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:40 pm
A rare moment where I can agree with frank, I can well imagine the head was right. Sounds like a quality teacher to me.
Finding common ground through discourse. Enlightenment values live on in small pockets of our world.
greenmark

Emmson wrote:
superfrank wrote:

This country!
I agree. My mother was a teacher. It was all she wanted to do. She was still teaching and a governess into her 70's and months before she succumbed to cancer. She wouldn't have pointed a finger at people slacking. She just did what was needed and if others chose to do the same, then good for them.
I'm not sure what she would make of the world in 2020.
spreadbetting

Emmson wrote:
superfrank wrote:

This country!
Bet she's a nightmare to work for and half the staff will be walking on eggshells. Most headteachers are simply site managers these days, bet it's been a long time since she's taught any kids.
firlandsfarm

greenmark wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:26 pm
It baffles me why people head for the coast to bake in the sun, get sand in their drinks and be surrounded by potentially unpleasant people.
Agreed … the coastal average is cooler than inland in the summer and warmer in the winter (water warms and cools slower than land). Bake in the sun: mad dogs? Sand in their drinks: and sandwiches! Surrounded by potentially unpleasant people: so long as they remain potentially so I wouldn't mind and don't forget we are all potentially unpleasant to the person you fear is potentially unpleasant. :lol: The secret is to find little known spots and avoid the main places … I know many places on the south coast where you would struggle to have to be within 2 metres of someone else.
superfrank

According to the Telegraph this week's mass stabbing came after the Sudanese knifeman complained about the food in the hotel where he and 100 other asylum seekers are being housed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The spaghetti and macaroni cheese served "wasn’t culturally appropriate".
Derek27

It's just as well I wasn't in possession of a gun when I got home and found the donner kebab I bought had no salad or chilli sauce. :)
firlandsfarm

Apparently Boycott is likely to be leaving TMS … one Twitter contributor's assessment seems about right … “White, male, straight, tory and knows about cricket. Surprised he lasted this long at the BBC.”
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:47 pm
It's just as well I wasn't in possession of a gun when I got home and found the donner kebab I bought had no salad or chilli sauce. :)
I miss my Friday chicken shawarma. :( Hopefully they be opening up again soon. :)

Return to “General discussion”