US Presidential Election 2020

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
jimibt

jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 pm
Just for men.
ahwww - bless!!
Kafkaesque

jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:31 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:27 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:24 pm
Tomorrow's headline is Rudys hair die. Forget the part where they've just told the press that they have a top Dominion officials social media chat with Antifa claiming he has got the Election rigged, who cares, its all about the piss take.
If you're taking anything Rudy has to say seriously then I worry for you James!
Its not about what I perceive as true or false, thats the courts job. Ill wait and see what the outcome is before making judgement of my own. Like I said, its all about the piss take atm.
So the fact that they've already had case after case after case after case after case dismissed doesn't warrant making a judgement? To keep claiming as a matter of fact, that you've got proof, and judge after judge after judge saying: "No, you don't" doesn't warrant making a judgement?

Trump and Rudy are more like two monkeys throwing their own shit against the wall and hoping something sticks.

All the while keeping up claiming to have won the election, as though it's a fact.

And firing the man in charge of cyber security (you put in there in the first place), for having the audacity to state what is actually a fact: That the 59 leading experts have all said that it was the most secure elections in living memory.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....there's people (and politicians) on the right I fully respect and enjoy debating. Because they know their stuff, regardless of whether I agree with them, on the best way forward for the world and societies. The line is firmly drawn at Trump. Anyone defending this man is akin to those animals throwing shit against the wall in my book. Edit: That last bit wasn't as such aimed at you or your specific post in this case, James.
jimibt

Kafkaesque wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:54 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Trader Pat wrote:

Its not about what I perceive as true or false, thats the courts job. Ill wait and see what the outcome is before making judgement of my own. Like I said, its all about the piss take atm.
So the fact that they've already had case after case after case after case after case dismissed doesn't warrant making a judgement? To keep claiming as a matter of fact, that you've got proof, and judge after judge after judge saying: "No, you don't" doesn't warrant making a judgement?

Trump and Rudy are more like two monkeys throwing their own shit against the wall and hoping something sticks.

All the while keeping up claiming to have won the election, as though it's a fact.

And firing the man in charge of cyber security (you put in there in the first place), for having the audacity to state what is actually a fact: That the 59 leading experts have all said that it was the most secure elections in living memory.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....there's people (and politicians) on the right I fully respect and enjoy debating. Because they know their stuff, regardless of whether I agree with them, on the best way forward for the world and societies. The line is firmly drawn at Trump. Anyone defending this man is akin to those animals throwing shit against the wall in my book. Edit: That last bit wasn't as such aimed at you or your specific post in this case, James.
kaf... +1 (to the power n) - eloquently put and 100% analysis with common sense. thank you!!
jamesg46

Kafkaesque wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:54 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Trader Pat wrote:

I don't need to make a judgement, I'm not emotionally attached to one side or the other.

My opinions mean nothing in the grand scheme of things so I'm certainly not going to hold on to a set of beliefs based on something that makes absolutely no difference to my life.

I'll leave the squealing to those that think their opinions are relevant.
Derek27

From Betfair's blog:-

Another factor is the possibility that the losing candidate may challenge the results in the courts.

We will only settle the markets when there is certainty around which candidate has the most projected Electoral College votes.

Unless you've got a definition of projected Electoral College vote it's difficult to know when the market should be settled or what Betfair is thinking.
jimibt

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:48 pm

Another factor is the possibility that the losing candidate may challenge the results in the courts.

We will only settle the markets when there is certainty around which candidate has the most projected Electoral College votes.

Unless you've got a definition of projected Electoral College vote it's difficult to know when the market should be settled or what Betfair is thinking.
Derek - you know I'm on your side, BUT -let it go -lol. let this thread dwindle like winter's embers
Trader Pat

jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:27 pm
I don't need to make a judgement, I'm not emotionally attached to one side or the other.

My opinions mean nothing in the grand scheme of things so I'm certainly not going to hold on to a set of beliefs based on something that makes absolutely no difference to my life.

What a bleak world we would live in if we had to be emotionally attached to something to make a judgement on it.

I know I complain about it but I've actually really enjoyed this thread. A lot of us post regularly on all kinds of topics but its only in a thread on a subject like this where's there's a bit of back and forth that you can get a sense of the type of person you're communicating with. Pretty eye opening in some cases but always very interesting.
Derek27

jimibt wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:51 pm
Derek27 wrote:

Derek - you know I'm on your side, BUT -let it go -lol. let this thread dwindle like winter's embers
FFS, TraderPat said that and then started posting himself, as have you!!

I was only responding to the question of when the market may be settled which is a valid question that a few people have raised.
jimibt

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:00 pm
jimibt wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:51 pm
Derek27 wrote:

I was only responding to the question of when the market may be settled which is a valid question that a few people have raised.
i guess we're all beyongd redemption!! ok, this is my FINAL say on this (bloated) thread ;)
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
:lol:

I know but I've got a second wind now! Let's keep this thread going til 2024! :D
jimibt

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:02 pm
Derek27 wrote:
:lol:

I know but I've got a second wind now! Let's keep this thread going til 2024! :D
PAT- bedtime ... lol
jamesg46

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:59 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:27 pm

What a bleak world we would live in if we had to be emotionally attached to something to make a judgement on it.

I know I complain about it but I've actually really enjoyed this thread. A lot of us post regularly on all kinds of topics but its only in a thread on a subject like this where's there's a bit of back and forth that you can get a sense of the type of person you're communicating with. Pretty eye opening in some cases but always very interesting.
Im not saying that people (in general) have to be emotionally involved to have or make judgement. I'm saying I'm not, so I don't have or need to. I'm fully aware that people can have opinions without being emotional about the subject, I also recognise that my opinions count for nothing on this subject. They make no difference to anyone else's opinion.
Jukebox

Betfair have more than just the Who'll be Next President market to consider, there are still six state markets in play.
jimibt

Jukebox wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:20 pm
Betfair have more than just the Who'll be Next President market to consider, there are still six state markets in play.
i know i promised, but!! :D.. ok, night all!
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 pm
Just for men.
Got a link to the video? :lol:

It's been covered on Sky Press Preview but the video must be amusing. :)

Edit: found it. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... conference

Return to “Political betting & arguing”