US Presidential Election 2020

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Emmson

superfrank wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:31 pm
The Founding Fathers never envisioned a leftist America.

They'll be turning in their graves at the way it is going (and would likely get banned from Twitter if they were alive today).
Slave masters the lot of them.
Derek27

superfrank wrote:

They'll be turning in their graves at the way it is going (and would likely get banned from Twitter if they were alive today).
I would imagine there's a lot of things they never envisioned, including microchips, the internet, nuclear technology and space stations. Doesn't mean they're a bad thing.
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:38 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:05 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:57 pm
This could make things very interesting tomorrow :

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mcconn ... rts-report
Yeah, I think its inevitable tbh... what concerns me is how his base react to it. I don't really see the point at this stage, the negative reaction could out weigh their upper cut knock out blow but it is what it is as trump would say.
It might have something to do with 2024.

A successful impeachment needs a 2 thirds majority in the Senate but a ban on holding office in the future only needs a simple majority. You could have a scenario where the GOP could get rid of him for good without having to actually impeach him.
Didn't know that. It would be a good idea. He could campaign in 2024 to start war with the east and Americans are so stupid they'd probably vote for him!
Archery1969

Looks like Trump could be in for more heartache as German bank who stood by him in the 1990s through x bankruptcies will be pulling the plug and calling in there loans...
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:40 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:38 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:05 pm

Yeah, I think its inevitable tbh... what concerns me is how his base react to it. I don't really see the point at this stage, the negative reaction could out weigh their upper cut knock out blow but it is what it is as trump would say.
It might have something to do with 2024.

A successful impeachment needs a 2 thirds majority in the Senate but a ban on holding office in the future only needs a simple majority. You could have a scenario where the GOP could get rid of him for good without having to actually impeach him.
Wasn't there talk of his son running in 2024 ?
I don't think he's got the brains to get very far. Judging by his tweets/YouTube vids he has difficulty understanding simple statements.
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:45 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:37 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:28 pm
If Trump doesn't come out before the inauguration and call for calm then I don't see how people can still defend him with a straight face. Whether he did or didn't incite violence is open to debate but if he doesn't try to calm the situation before next Wednesday its obvious that he's happy for more blood to be spilled.
He did it today.
What?? He basically endorsed his inflammatory speech as appropriate, effectively encouraging more protest. He also blames the Democrats for creating anger by exercising democratic rights!
Derek, Pat said he needed to come out and call for calm, he came out and called for there to be no violence, on more than one occasion. Whatever you make of the rest of his speech is entirely up to you. Fact is he called for no violence which was the point of my reply in context with Pats comment. I'm not interested in getting into well he basically.... that wasn't the point of my reply. Go bug Alex or someone else, I cant be bothered.
superfrank

Emmson wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:50 pm
superfrank wrote:

Slave masters the lot of them.
Maybe they should have stepped aside and America could have become the democratic, free market success story that is sub Saharan Africa. Hold on a minute.
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:59 pm
Derek27 wrote:
jamesg46 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:37 pm

He did it today.
What?? He basically endorsed his inflammatory speech as appropriate, effectively encouraging more protest. He also blames the Democrats for creating anger by exercising democratic rights!
Derek, Pat said he needed to come out and call for calm, he came out and called for there to be no violence, on more than one occasion. Whatever you make of the rest of his speech is entirely up to you. Fact is he called for no violence which was the point of my reply in context with Pats comment. I'm not interested in getting into well he basically.... that wasn't the point of my reply. Go bug Alex or someone else, I cant be bothered.
There's no need to get stroppy James, I was just saying that doesn't amount to a call for calm when he immediately contradicts it.
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:13 am
jamesg46 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:59 pm
Derek27 wrote:

There's no need to get stroppy James, I was just saying that doesn't amount to a call for calm when he immediately contradicts it.
I'm not being stroppy, I'm just being honest. I know if we start getting further into it then it spirals and I can't be bothered. I've had enough debating for a few days, I need a break :lol:
Archery1969

So as I understand it...

If Trump is successfully impeached for a 2nd time.

He loses:

- An ex presidents salary.
- An ex presidents homes.
- An ex presidents secret service protection.
- Cannot run for office ever.

On top of that he could end up spending 20 years + in a supermax prison somewhere for other charges.

In the meantime he still has his finger on the buttons and could do allot of further damage to the USA by leaking information to Russia, such as daily briefings etc.

On the above I think the Democrates need to step back and think things through a bit more. Does Biden want to see this through or concentrate on Covid and other stuff as many die hard Reuplicans will see a witch hunt and act accordingly,

Just my opinion....
Archery1969

Twitter Public Policy
@Policy
·
6h
Access to information and freedom of expression, including the public conversation on Twitter, is never more important than during democratic processes, particularly elections.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:19 am
So as I understand it...

If Trump is successfully impeached for a 2nd time.

He loses:

- An ex presidents salary.
- An ex presidents homes.
- An ex presidents secret service protection.
- Cannot run for office ever.

On top of that he could end up spending 20 years + in a supermax prison somewhere for other charges.

In the meantime he still has his finger on the buttons and could do allot of further damage to the USA by leaking information to Russia, such as daily briefings etc.

On the above I think the Democrates need to step back and think things through a bit more. Does Biden want to see this through or concentrate on Covid and other stuff as many die hard Reuplicans will see a witch hunt and act accordingly,

Just my opinion....
:shock: Losing his salary, homes and SS protection sounds even better than not being able to run for office. :D

I'm not worried about his nuclear codes, the military know he's not of sound mind and will refuse. He'll probably send the wrong codes anyway.
Derek27

The guy with the horns is in prison and refusing to eat anything that's not organic, but they didn't say whether he's getting the food requested or having to starve. I hope it's the latter. :)
jamesg46

Archery1969 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:38 am
Twitter Public Policy
@Policy
·
6h
Access to information and freedom of expression, including the public conversation on Twitter, is never more important than during democratic processes, particularly elections.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What did they expect :lol: No Goverment in power is gonna want the threat of big tech censoring them and fact labeling their tweets. Goverments are built on lies, slurs & finger pointing. They made their bed.

Return to “Political betting & arguing”