Trading What I see !?

Learn sports betting strategies and discuss key factors to consider when placing a bet.
jamesg46

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:21 pm
The first time I had a profitable week with automation I was very proud of myself. I'm sure Goat feels the same even though he knows there's still a lot of work to be done but as this is the first time I've seen him post a weekly profit like this (I might have missed one) imo, he deserves a pat on the back.
Have you consistently made a profit from automation? I personally find that hard to believe! I have my doubts about your manual trading (don't take that personally) because you didn't seem to appreciate or understand price action... infact you weren't sure if it had a place in pre off markets.

Are you still trading pre off horse markets these days Pat? Or are you automating the footy markets?.

Either way, I hope you're doing good and pulling in them booms.
goat68

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:49 pm
I hate to be the voice of reason but I'd love to know how the 3 previous posters could say this was good work etc based on just a bottom line number?
That's pretty much the last measure of performance over a week as I'm absolutely sure you all know.

I hope it's good, goat68 deserves a boost and I amongst many others have spent hours and hours helping so we're invested, but before the usual crowd jump in and say it's great (as they did before on this thread) then what are you basing the congratulations on?
I think they're just offering encouragement and hope, for which i am very grateful, thank you everyone.

On your point of realism, which is probably worth stating. As it is one of the things ive learned. Knowing the mechanics of my two strategies, i would say very roughly as a finger in the air that the probability of being profitable over one week is about 50%, over 2 weeks maybe 65%, 1 month hopefully 85%.
So if next week i post +£150 or -£50, is actually neither here nor there..but +£150 would be encouraging!
Trader Pat

goat68 wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:54 am
I think they're just offering encouragement and hope, for which i am very grateful, thank you everyone.
You're welcome Goat.

You've definitely proved me wrong, I thought this thread would have disappeared without trace after a couple of months but you persevered and didn't lose bags of money in the process. Onwards and upwards!
wearthefoxhat

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:33 am
goat68 wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:54 am
You're welcome Goat.

You've definitely proved me wrong, I thought this thread would have disappeared without trace after a couple of months but you persevered and didn't lose bags of money in the process. Onwards and upwards!
+1

I think we can all openly admit we've busted a bankroll or two on our journey to discovery...and continue to learn/grow as we go further yonder.
decomez6

Once upon a time there lived a trader called goat .
He was a cautiously optimistic lad with a razor sharp attention to detail.
Goat would take long walks in a fascinating forest near by . The forest had different trees but he kept seeing the same monkeys again and again !!! one day he came accross group monkey doing what monkeys see… he was fascinated!!!
What are this monkeys doing ? Climbing up and down the ladder ?
Some of them look easy and calm while others looked so worked up !! Breathless and restless . why?
Goat decided to get to the bottom of the discrepancy, he went on a learning curve !!he decided to Ask the right people , the right questions and after climbing the ladders up /down for so many times , he finally met a new friend called success!!
His new found friend is not your typical monkey .. she is wobbly and a slippery slope… very hard to know where you stand … sometimes she comes in circular viscous cycle other times she is a squared circle ( danm right hard to predict).
Goat came up with a master plan to tame his new found friend .
“ just treat success with respect , keep a healthy social distance , feed and know how to stay away from her wrath!!!
Success is not only a friend with benefit , but she also likes consistency ,you have happy if you keep doing the same thing again and again and then she will give you the same result!! Sanity guaranteed ….
And so they lived happily ever after !!!

CONGRATULATION GOAT 👍🏼 I consider breaking even a win. You have done better than break even and that is better than 90% of traders who consistently loose
What’s not to celebrate :shock:
goat68

decomez6 wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:23 pm
Once upon a time there lived a trader called goat .
He was a cautiously optimistic lad with a razor sharp attention to detail.
Goat would take long walks in a fascinating forest near by . The forest had different trees but he kept seeing the same monkeys again and again !!! one day he came accross group monkey doing what monkeys see… he was fascinated!!!
What are this monkeys doing ? Climbing up and down the ladder ?
Some of them look easy and calm while others looked so worked up !! Breathless and restless . why?
Goat decided to get to the bottom of the discrepancy, he went on a learning curve !!he decided to Ask the right people , the right questions and after climbing the ladders up /down for so many times , he finally met a new friend called success!!
His new found friend is not your typical monkey .. she is wobbly and a slippery slope… very hard to know where you stand … sometimes she comes in circular viscous cycle other times she is a squared circle ( danm right hard to predict).
Goat came up with a master plan to tame his new found friend .
“ just treat success with respect , keep a healthy social distance , feed and know how to stay away from her wrath!!!
Success is not only a friend with benefit , but she also likes consistency ,you have happy if you keep doing the same thing again and again and then she will give you the same result!! Sanity guaranteed ….
And so they lived happily ever after !!!

CONGRATULATION GOAT 👍🏼 I consider breaking even a win. You have done better than break even and that is better than 90% of traders who consistently loose
What’s not to celebrate :shock:
Thank you decomez , I like your little rhyme :-)
napshnap

Cute story, decomez6. Especially monkeys part).
Kai

goat68 wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:30 pm
Good 1st week of August for "DualBot":
Screenshot 2021-08-07 at 20.28.40.png
👍

Like my grandad always says...

goat68

"DogBot" has joined up with "DualBot" this week targeting the August recovery challenge.
Backtest shows amazing promise, 2 1/2 months (May->Aug), 10,600markets, 1000trades:
Screenshot 2021-08-13 at 16.02.25.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

Isn't May-Aug 4 months? :)

What's your avg matched amount/tot matched per market? If you can up the scale it could be interesting, selecting just one dog out of sixty cuts down your turnover. Also widening your params to include more breakeven situations improves your comm ratio. Incidentally what's the comm/gross on this one? Not having been a loser you'll hit PC almost as soon as you're profitable so bear that in mind and get churning asap in the long run its worth thousands.
goat68

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:21 pm
Isn't May-Aug 4 months? :)

What's your avg matched amount/tot matched per market? If you can up the scale it could be interesting, selecting just one dog out of sixty cuts down your turnover. Also widening your params to include more breakeven situations improves your comm ratio. Incidentally what's the comm/gross on this one? Not having been a loser you'll hit PC almost as soon as you're profitable so bear that in mind and get churning asap in the long run its worth thousands.
23rdMay->Aug7th
£12 Back&Lay Liability per market, so Back would be bet to win £12, Lay to Lose £12
Comm/gross = 9%

So you're being a bit hopeful there Shaun with bring PC up :-) !
But I do have a bit of lee way there, since my few years of MatchBetting gave me a half decent commission generation to a net loss to Exchange, off the top of my head I think my lifetime net loss match betting on Betfair was -£200 with £400 of commission generated.
Crazyskier

Kai wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:59 am
goat68 wrote:
👍

Interesting quote from 'Dumbledore', when the picture is actually of Sir Ian McKellen who never played Dumbledore ( that was Richard Harris before he passed away, then Michael Gambon), though he did play GANDALF in LOTR.

CS
Kai

Crazyskier wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:03 pm
Kai wrote:
goat68 wrote:
👍

Interesting quote from 'Dumbledore', when the picture is actually of Sir Ian McKellen who never played Dumbledore ( that was Richard Harris before he passed away, then Michael Gambon), though he did play GANDALF in LOTR.

CS
You have a keen eye for detail CS! But what about the quote itself? Are you implying that Dumbledore never said it?
ruthlessimon

Crazyskier wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:03 pm
Kai wrote:

Interesting quote from 'Dumbledore', when the picture is actually of Sir Ian McKellen who never played Dumbledore
Yoda aint happy

goat68

I just love the humour on these forums, great stuff

Return to “Betfair trading strategies”