Betfair Australia - In-play trading

tryingtotrade

There clamping down on vpn use now, dang it
lotora

bmsilvs wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:17 am
hey all
i have been using expressvpn for betfair in play use for years with no issues but have just been stopped
has anyone in australia had any issues today or recently? or with any solutions ?
I have spoken to vpn provider and gone through all there workarounds with no luck

thanks in advance
Maybe you could use a VPS? Check former posts in this forum.
Kranthiyo1

Ive been using betfair with uk vpn for some time and today it won't open my account it's saying geo restricted but opens fine if i don't use vpn. I saw ghat another guy posted the same thing..anyone have any workaround?
Euler

VPN or VPS?
Anbell

I havent seen any mention of this on the main BF AU communication / automation channels
Euler

I've only seen one customer flag it in support. But I've raised with Betfair in a general sense anyhow to see if there is some issue that we are unaware of.

It could just be a case that the IP database they hold has been updated incorrectly for a few customers?
Anbell

Euler wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:37 am
I've only seen one customer flag it in support. But I've raised with Betfair in a general sense anyhow to see if there is some issue that we are unaware of.

It could just be a case that the IP database they hold has been updated incorrectly for a few customers?
There are a few people on this thread who seem to think they have been affected. I'm not sure what is going on. I bet IP but only KEEP, so I dont think I'd be affected.
megarain

A friend has reported using a BA VPS - the website is saying restricted and blocks access.

Was previously logged into BA, and that's still processing bets.

Please ask Betfair if Aus clients can no-longer use a VPS to process bets.
Euler

Already flagged to them, so will let you know what I hear overnight.
Euler

I had a response overnight from Australian which I will follow up with Betfair UK this morning.
Euler

After following up with BF UK today BF have sent out an email this afternoon, saying they are changing the endpoint for NZ customers from 12th Feb.
megarain

WTF .. my friend is an Aussie in Perth

Since when is Perth in NZ ?
Euler

There is additional news, but it's so ambiguous I'll need further clarification.
Thosefoxpeople

Can confirm that I've had my VPS access restricted too (AU based account). I've never used it to circumvent any restrictions so it's a bit frustrating. Hopefully BF will provide clarification soon because it's going to be a pain having to set up a dedicated PC and have it running 24/7.

Thanks for the help Peter.
Euler

So, our understanding at the moment is that NZ customers will have their own end point at some point in Feb. We will have to mod the software to incorporate that.

Effective immediately customers with Australian accounts will not be able to log into their account while in the UK.

We are looking at a workaround for VPS users, but it won't be instant as we need time to test and check what can and can't be done.

Initial thoughts are that if you use a VPN you should be able to login by routing the VPN via AUS but you can disconnect once logged in.

Return to “Australian”