Betfair Account Restrictions & closed accounts - Getting them removed and accounts reopened

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
hecojef928

whitechq wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:54 pm
Yes, they sent an email that my account is closed by 14 days without explanation. Then the next day
my account is suspended and I needed to upload my documents. I uploaded the documents and then
got another email from them:

Thank you for submitting documents, it seems we require some further information from you. Please contact our live messenger service here.

I contacted them via the live chat, but he didn't see that I need to upload my documents. He wrote I'll get
an email from them but I didn't get anything from them since then. I contacted them again few hours ago
but i got the usual we'll write you an email response.
Ah, I see what you mean. I experienced something similar. When I didn't hear back, I decided to try Live Chat and shared my documents with the agent directly on the chat window. Surprisingly, within just 30 minutes, everything was resolved, and my account was unsuspended. While outcomes can differ, perhaps it's worth giving Live Chat another try with a different agent? If you have social media as well, some have recommended to try there.

This is the email I received:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
whitechq

Ah, I see what you mean. I experienced something similar. When I didn't hear back, I decided to try Live Chat and shared my documents with the agent directly on the chat window. Surprisingly, within just 30 minutes, everything was resolved, and my account was unsuspended. While outcomes can differ, perhaps it's worth giving Live Chat another try with a different agent? If you have social media as well, some have recommended to try there.

This is the email I received:

I already spoke to three different agents, and all three said that my account will be closed and I can't do anything about it. But thanks for the tips and for spendig time to help me.
Kai

whitechq wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:55 pm
I already spoke to three different agents, and all three said that my account will be closed and I can't do anything about it. But thanks for the tips and for spendig time to help me.
Never accept live chat statements as final, the agents aren't privy to much info and don't hold much authority either, you could speak to 30 of them and get nowhere.

Also, don't assume Hungary is automatically the problem, they should have communicated this beforehand if that were the case.

I suggest to read this entire thread and then escalate by emailing your issue to all these below, hopefully it lands in the right department (which often seems to be the main issue)

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

[email protected]
[email protected]
whitechq

Kai wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:49 am
whitechq wrote:
Never accept live chat statements as final, the agents aren't privy to much info and don't hold much authority either, you could speak to 30 of them and get nowhere.

Also, don't assume Hungary is automatically the problem, they should have communicated this beforehand if that were the case.

I suggest to read this entire thread and then escalate by emailing your issue to all these below, hopefully it lands in the right department (which often seems to be the main issue)

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

[email protected]
[email protected]
Thank you Kai! I'll read the entire thread in the afternoon.

I think my account is closed because of the following things:

1. I have a friend who also runs bots. We wanted to save money on the server so we only rented one vps
in Hungary. I set up my bot in the morning he set up his in the afternoon. This went on for several years
without any problem. So basically one IP adress for two accounts.

2. We both used bots (from this forum) that scalps the markets. Lots of small bets in a small period of
time. Maybe that was the problem.

Any thoughts on this?
Kai

whitechq wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:56 am
Kai wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:49 am
whitechq wrote:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

[email protected]
[email protected]
Thank you Kai! I'll read the entire thread in the afternoon.

I think my account is closed because of the following things:

1. I have a friend who also runs bots. We wanted to save money on the server so we only rented one vps
in Hungary. I set up my bot in the morning he set up his in the afternoon. This went on for several years
without any problem. So basically one IP adress for two accounts.

2. We both used bots (from this forum) that scalps the markets. Lots of small bets in a small period of
time. Maybe that was the problem.

Any thoughts on this?
Well if your friend also got suspended at the same time that pretty much confirms which "business reasons" they are citing.

I have limited VPS experience so maybe others can give you more input there but this sounds like a red flag from BF's point of view, like a potential Premium Charge avoidance scheme etc.

Maybe you saved a bit on server rent but risking your account to do it may not have been the play tbh, a bit of due diligence beforehand goes a long way longer term, it's a game of risk management after all.

I would come clean and say I accept whatever potential penalty they deem appropriate, including them linking the two accounts if possible (or closing one), if that means you can keep trading.
whitechq

Well if your friend also got suspended at the same time that pretty much confirms which "business reasons" they are citing.

I have limited VPS experience so maybe others can give you more input there but this sounds like a red flag from BF's point of view, like a potential Premium Charge avoidance scheme etc.

Maybe you saved a bit on server rent but risking your account to do it may not have been the play tbh, a bit of due diligence beforehand goes a long way longer term, it's a game of risk management after all.

I would come clean and say I accept whatever potential penalty they deem appropriate, including them linking the two accounts if possible (or closing one), if that means you can keep trading.

Both account are premium charge accounts (the 20%, not the 40%-60%).
As far as I remember we even asked Betfair that this would be a problem, I'll try to find the email. Of course if I would know that this way I risk my account then I wouldn't share the server with anyone.

If they only close one account that would be fine, but they are closing both accounts.
Kai

whitechq wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:12 am
Both account are premium charge accounts (the 20%, not the 40%-60%).
As far as I remember we even asked Betfair that this would be a problem, I'll try to find the email. Of course if I would know that this way I risk my account then I wouldn't share the server with anyone.

If they only close one account that would be fine, but they are closing both accounts.
If they're closing both I think that would be the likely reason why then, based on what little info you provided.

Since you checked with them beforehand definitely bring this up in your email, for transparency. Best of luck.
hecojef928

whitechq wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:56 am
1. VPS
2. So basically one IP adress for two accounts.
That does indeed seem to be the reason.

The same issue could arise when using a public computer or connection anywhere—whether it's on holiday, with friends, family, or even on a Shared VPS. Even using a mobile network could potentially trigger a flag if someone with a history of suspicious activity shares the same IP address.

It's surprising how sensitive the system is, but I understand Betfair's need to keep an eye on people trying to avoid premium charges and having multiple accounts. Hope you get it sorted!
rain91

1. The VPS is safety for the non UK users? If the Betfair see, am from an other country but i login from the Betangel VPS (UK IP), isn't that suspicious? It have a dedicated IP?

2. If i want to use my own stark PC, how safe a priced VPN with a dedicated UK IP for a non UK user?

3.Does anyone know how "Cloudflare WARP" is tolerated by betfair? In this case, I would receive an IP address corresponding to my account.

are all of the three options safe enough to keep my betfair account for a long time?
The Silk Run

I don't think Flutter give a Fcuk about VPN users. They have had systems in place for many years that will interrogate geofencing. I would have thought these users would be a high proportion of their customer base.
conduirez

y
The Silk Run wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:27 pm
I don't think Flutter give a Fcuk about VPN users. They have had systems in place for many years that will interrogate geofencing. I would have thought these users would be a high proportion of their customer base.
I have to agree. I am inclined to suspect that the security algorithm picked up something more specific.

I would never try and outwit Betfair as you lose your income, I hope the OP software produced to share, was not stupidly trying to pick the same entry in the same market at almost the same time consistently. If this has happened there goes your income.
Euler

Most automation runs on a VPS from somewhere in the UK, so Betfair know that. If they tried to clamp down on that, liquidity would vanish in double quick time.
hecojef928

rain91 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:06 pm
1. The VPS is safety for the non UK users? If the Betfair see, am from an other country but i login from the Betangel VPS (UK IP), isn't that suspicious? It have a dedicated IP?

2. If i want to use my own stark PC, how safe a priced VPN with a dedicated UK IP for a non UK user?

3.Does anyone know how "Cloudflare WARP" is tolerated by betfair? In this case, I would receive an IP address corresponding to my account.

are all of the three options safe enough to keep my betfair account for a long time?
I was more discussing @whitechq's VPS setup. Sharing it with a friend would certainly raise some red flags since their accounts would appear connected, both accessing Betfair from the same VPS.

Using your own VPS from a reputable provider like Bet Angel is fine. However, it's worth noting that Betfair might still take notice of this and flag your account, regardless of whether you're using a Dedi Server, VPS, or VPN. Betfair is vigilant about enforcing their rules, especially regarding location restrictions.

Betfair monitors users through various methods, including IP address and browser analysis. While Residential IPs are typically acceptable since they indicate home access, Commercial IPs, especially those from servers or VPNs, might raise more suspicions due to their shared nature, particularly among users attempting to bypass restrictions, including through Cloudflare.

I agree, Betfair might not immediately suspend your account solely for using these servers for automation purposes. Still, they can track your access points, including other users on the same IP address. When combined with other factors like unusual betting patterns, security concerns, and potential violations of their terms of service, this could prompt an account review.

Additionally, updating contact details, or updating your address to a previously flagged Betfair account could also raise red flags and lead to an immediate account suspension. Good luck when moving house. :shock:
Last edited by hecojef928 on Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Silk Run

As Euler and I have mentioned I don't think they really care, pay much attention to VPN VPS usage. Move on ...
hecojef928

The Silk Run wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:14 pm
As Euler and I have mentioned I don't think they really care, pay much attention to VPN VPS usage. Move on ...
Right. :lol:

Prohibited Activities

11.2.3 if you are located in, or are seeking to access your Account from, any Prohibited Territory either deliberately or accidentally, (including if you are using a VPN to disguise your location) or if you have sought to disguise or interfere with the IP address of the computer you are using to access the Services or otherwise take steps to prevent us from correctly identifying the IP address of the device you are using to access the Services;

https://www.betfair.com/aboutUs/Terms.and.Conditions/

Return to “Betfair exchange”