GameStop : GME

Long, short, Bitcoin, forex - Plenty of alternate market disuccsion.
jamesg46

And now we have a halt back up :lol:
jamesg46

How big will the bounce be :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jamesg46

Bounce from $112 to $250 and now maybe the rollover.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jamesg46

Wall Street cried hard enough then.
gazuty

Euler wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:21 pm
Surely this is just one giant pump and dump scheme?
Sort of. As retail pile in, more and more shares come out of the pool available for borrow, as retail are generally not in the custody system. So it is a double whammy for the shorts, the price is going up and simultaneously the volume of shares available for borrow is reduced and the prime brokers need to start calling shares back due to the reduced shares in the available borrow.

Someone has worked this out and is milking it in an amazing way.

It is a giant game of pass the parcel.
jamesg46

No idea how true this position is (in photoshop age) but he's down $14 million off his highs but still up millions & planning to hold...

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets ... urce=share
gazuty

All of this exuberance tends to portend we are closer to the end of the bull run than the start. Who knows when the wave will break, but it will and then the pain of the foolish will wash through the system.
jamesg46

This from what I now perceive isn't about anything other than wanting to punish hedge funds and that feeling has gotten stronger when Citadel "apparently" reloaded on their short position before Robinhood restricted people from buying it.... its now attracted the attention of no other than AOC & Ted Cruz who are calling for an investigation into Robinhood... also seeing posts that say law suits have been filed against Robinhood. What a way to take the mind off all the other drama we currently have.
jamesg46

Reddit users saying they're taking this to $5k per share... I'm gonna need plenty of beers while I watch this one play out... I'm half tempted to buy some shares, who knows what level of crazy we could get to.
jamesg46

I would love to see this happen, even as a spectator.
jamesg46

:lol: :lol: this isn't reality, we're in a simulation.
sionascaig

I heard the hedgefunds have investments in robinhood & other day trader apps (not sure if its true) and robinhoods t&c allow that company to sell their data to 3rd parties, e.g. buy / sell positions... Could be the lawyers also have a field day on this one...
gazuty

sionascaig wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:32 am
I heard the hedgefunds have investments in robinhood & other day trader apps (not sure if its true) and robinhoods t&c allow that company to sell their data to 3rd parties, e.g. buy / sell positions... Could be the lawyers also have a field day on this one...
Custodians, brokers, administrators, clearing agents have also sold market data for a long time. These aren’t the droids your looking for.
marksmeets302

jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:29 pm
This from what I now perceive isn't about anything other than wanting to punish hedge funds and that feeling has gotten stronger when Citadel "apparently" reloaded on their short position before Robinhood restricted people from buying it.... its now attracted the attention of no other than AOC & Ted Cruz who are calling for an investigation into Robinhood... also seeing posts that say law suits have been filed against Robinhood. What a way to take the mind off all the other drama we currently have.
I think I can answer that for AOC. All those robinhooders that bought GME at 300+ did so on margin. Meaning, that if GME sinks back to 20 there won't be enough money in their accounts to cover the losses and robinhood will be left holding the bag. For the clients it's #YOLO, for RH it could mean bankruptcy.
This has nothing to do with oppressing the little guy; it's just risk management.
jamesg46

marksmeets302 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:55 am
jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:29 pm
I think I can answer that for AOC. All those robinhooders that bought GME at 300+ did so on margin. Meaning, that if GME sinks back to 20 there won't be enough money in their accounts to cover the losses and robinhood will be left holding the bag. For the clients it's #YOLO, for RH it could mean bankruptcy.
This has nothing to do with oppressing the little guy; it's just risk management.
I'm not buying that, Robinhood could easily close the.trades closer to $20 but they chose to start doing it in the $250+ area, plus they've been closing open positions that got taken after leverage restrictions were in place. Some of the average folk who bought on leverage at a higher price than $100 then fair enough, close the position but some are in at $6.

Return to “Trading Financial markets”