US Presidential Election 2024

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:15 pm
The appeals court decision will now go all the way to the Supreme Court where it’s weighted 6-3 in his favour. Therefore he can afford for 2 of them to switch against and still have the appeals court decision overturned.
I don't know much about the US legal system, but I'm guessing a judge's impartiality (which if in existence makes a mockery of the law) would only be relevant in a finely balanced case. In the case of Trump's deluded claims that the election was rigged, the supreme court and no problem throwing it out. Hopefully, the same will happen here.
Derek27

Biden struggling to remember the name of Israel's "opposition". :shock:

Perhaps this is where AI could come in handy, just claim it's deep fake. :lol:
firlandsfarm

Archery1969 wrote:
The appeals court decision will now go all the way to the Supreme Court where it’s weighted 6-3 in his favour. Therefore he can afford for 2 of them to switch against and still have the appeals court decision overturned.
Only one to switch ... if two switch then the vote is 4-5!
Archery1969

firlandsfarm wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:40 am
Archery1969 wrote:
Only one to switch ... if two switch then the vote is 4-5!
I was never good at maths. 🤣
Derek27

Trump in court to find out if he can have his name on another ballot paper. Crowds have gathered to support the clown, I'm just waiting for the guy with the circus music to turn up. :mrgreen:
Emmson

I must admit to not finding anything amusing about this upcoming Prezza election, how on earth can such a great nation with a great history end up yet again with a contest of Biden/Trump?

:twisted: GROTESQUE :twisted:

EDIT

I hang my hopes on Michelle Obama suddenly finding herself in the contest, the Betfair market flickers with possibility that this could happen.
Derek27

Biden's finished, following the release of his investigation report. He couldn't remember when he was Vice President, when his son died or the Afghan debate. He needs to step aside and let another democrat run.
Emmson

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:42 pm
Biden's finished, following the release of his investigation report. He couldn't remember when he was Vice President, when his son died or the Afghan debate. He needs to step aside and let another democrat run.

YES HE DOES!

and it cannot be for Kamala who is unfit too.
Derek27

It will be for his own good. He might not even live for another four years, he should spend his remaining time in retirement.
Archery1969

Don’t shoot the messenger….

US Supreme Court sceptical of Colorado's move to bar Donald Trump from ballot https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68244607
Archery1969

Don’t shoot the messenger….

US election: Donald Trump wins huge victory in Nevada caucus https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68248731
conduirez

Screenshot a.png
Forgetful Joe had a slide in the last 24 hours. I am beginning to think the Democrats have to go with Obama now, or they are going to gift the election to the Republicans.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

Biden's memory saga is beginning to turn into a comedy circus. His memory and mental agility are only going to get worse over the next five years. The longer they delay the worse it gets for them.

I don't know anything about Harris and her political views, haven't heard her speak much as VP,, nor do I know anything about Michelle Obama and how qualified she is other than being the wife of Barack.
Naffman

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:20 pm
Biden's memory saga is beginning to turn into a comedy circus. His memory and mental agility are only going to get worse over the next five years. The longer they delay the worse it gets for them.

I don't know anything about Harris and her political views, haven't heard her speak much as VP,, nor do I know anything about Michelle Obama and how qualified she is other than being the wife of Barack.
Harris is even more unpopular than he is, plus then there's losing the incumbency advantage.

And it could only really be Harris if anyone IMO, if they hand it over to someone else then the other high-profile Dems won't be happy as they'll possibly have to wait another 8 years before they get a shot.

Michelle Obama has never hinted whatsoever that she wants the job either.

It really is quite amazing though, the only person Biden can beat (and most likely IMO) is Trump, and the GOP voters are going to deliver him on a silver platter, Haley would make Virginia a toss-up but I genuinely think they like being the victim and they really don't care about things changing.
Derek27

The president of Mexico, El-Sissy. :lol: :lol:

Biden is making such an arse of himself. If he doesn't go soon they'll have to go through whatever procedure they have for an incapacitated president and Harris will have to take over until the election.

Return to “Political betting & arguing”