Best strategy for a matched bettor

A place to discuss anything.
Danny Asda

@shaun I’ve not lost heart, though gotta admit my head was spinning last night and I didn’t sleep much. thanks for advice. I was hoping for advice from those who have been there, done it, got the t shirt, wore that t shirt until it has got holes in, then bought a new genuine Ralph Lauren t shirt with their winnings Thanks.
@letiss thanks for reply. That’s what I was hoping for. I’m not looking to make 7 figures a year, though certainly won’t say no lol.

I read the stuff that @kai sent me and watched the vids in the link this morning. The guy who wrote it seems to be using a variant of @dereks free bet green up system so that looks quite promising too
I read the first 20 and the last 20 pages of the thread that @goat said to read. The first 20 were ok, though I couldn’t find any strategies or systems. Could anyone tell me what page the best systems are on. The last 20 were mainly about automation, though I can’t find the link where to download the program from. Can anyone tell me what page lol

The other thing about the @goat thread is that he says he has been working 9 months and still not been paid. I’m still in two minds as I can’t afford to wait 9 months to get paid. When my Route 66/ Vegas trip got cancelled last year I spent most of my MB winnings on a hot tub for the yard. Only used it twice and now it’s just sat there covered in algae lol. I suppose I could clean it up and eBay it, get some money back, though I was kind of hoping to hit the ground running.
It does sound a bit hard to be honest and I don’t really fancy working weekends either. Was thinking to maybe to use the free bet green up system in the week try and get 100 a day, then if I’m short by the weekend, use the 5 minute draw green up on the football to make the money up. Will have to have a serious think , though all I am thinking after reading all that is @derek @shaun and @kai must be ninja wizards. Must all have a lot of tricks hidden up their sleeves lol
Still leaning towards giving it a try with those systems, and if they don’t work, get one of those automation programs to do it for me, which to be honest, sounds a lot easier anyway Thanks
Kai

That's strange, I'm getting some unusual readings on my trollmeter again :mrgreen:

(still think Danny could be Alex trolling or someone else's windup)
jimibt

Kai wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:45 am
That's strange, I'm getting some unusual readings on my trollmeter again :mrgreen:

love it - lol
michaelhud1

I'm testing one stratagy for automation as currently my computer specs limit me (I am testing other markets manualy) the reason for the year test is the automation is for football and I was thinking I could be alot more confident that the positive expectancy is genuine if all points of the season are included? (I only trade markets that I believe I can scale enough to be worth it)I don't see this as a get rich quick but more of a 2-3 years of slowly building to the point I can hav a boost if income consistently and if all the stars align somehow actually make good money one day.
I definately don't intend to stick to one strat, I wanna cement confidence that it is profitable and I understand why, justify computer upgrade specifically for betangel then learn python so I can incorporate historical data to the markets I have traded for more in depth analysis.
Currently I have compiled football data sets (embarrassingly basicly) and think I've got to much information, kinda rabbit in headlights sorta situation :lol:
I might be about to show my complete lack of understanding but how do you track performance on stake variations of multiple strats daily is that based on the variation you see within a days sample or forecasting, etc? I understand it's could be a really complex question so I get you won't want to write a thesis in response to me so even if you point me to reading lists etc I'd be extremely grateful, and thank you for already replying and helping
Danny Asda

@kai haha goats and trolls, it’s like that billy goat gruff story lol

@michael I want to be in it for the long term too, though I didn’t realise how long it takes, took me a couple of days to win at MB good luck Thanks. Will do some more reading later after a power nap
Euler

It does sound a bit hard to be honest and I don’t really fancy working weekends either.
If you want to do this seriously the rewards are amazing, as is the money. But you are going to have to work at it.

The majority of my profit comes during peak sporting action, which just happens to be at the weekends and on public holidays. Unfortuantely that's the nature of the beast.
Euler

I'm sort of glad you landed on the forum as you have a bunch of well seasoned full timers here, who will tell you as it is.

If you land in 99% of the places you find, they just want to flog you a system, that you will eventually find doesn't work. But not before you have forked out a lot of cash. So at least you are off on the right foot.
Derek27

Danny Asda wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:37 am
I read the stuff that @kai sent me and watched the vids in the link this morning. The guy who wrote it seems to be using a variant of @dereks free bet green up system so that looks quite promising too
I already told you Danny, greening-up (different from free bet) is not MY system, it's not even a system but the act of placing a bet and I didn't invent it! It's like buying and selling for a profit, something everybody does without thinking.
Danny Asda wrote:
I read the first 20 and the last 20 pages of the thread that @goat said to read. The first 20 were ok, though I couldn’t find any strategies or systems. Could anyone tell me what page the best systems are on. The last 20 were mainly about automation, though I can’t find the link where to download the program from. Can anyone tell me what page lol
I also told you goats thread isn't trading advice or systems but a diary that shows how difficult trading is.
Danny Asda wrote:
The other thing about the @goat thread is that he says he has been working 9 months and still not been paid. I’m still in two minds as I can’t afford to wait 9 months to get paid. When my Route 66/ Vegas trip got cancelled last year I spent most of my MB winnings on a hot tub for the yard. Only used it twice and now it’s just sat there covered in algae lol. I suppose I could clean it up and eBay it, get some money back, though I was kind of hoping to hit the ground running.
In all seriousness Danny, if you trained as a hairdresser, would you expect to be earning the day you pick up a pair of scissors? Of course not. It would take many months to learn the trade. Learning to trade takes a lot longer. I should know because I used to have my hair (when I had it) cut by trainees.
Danny Asda wrote:
It does sound a bit hard to be honest and I don’t really fancy working weekends either. Was thinking to maybe to use the free bet green up system in the week try and get 100 a day, then if I’m short by the weekend, use the 5 minute draw green up on the football to make the money up. Will have to have a serious think , though all I am thinking after reading all that is @derek @shaun and @kai must be ninja wizards. Must all have a lot of tricks hidden up their sleeves lol
Still leaning towards giving it a try with those systems, and if they don’t work, get one of those automation programs to do it for me, which to be honest, sounds a lot easier anyway Thanks
Contrary to the advice you've been given, if that's your attitude and you're not willing to take advice you may as well give up! Most profitable traders probably took six months to two years to gain worthwhile success and you expect to start by making £100 a day without any understanding of trading! Where the hell are you going to get a magic automation program to make money? Have you thought about that?
Trader Pat

To anyone brand new to trading the first thing you need to do is spend some time in the markets. All the advice that's been given is spot on but your first port of call needs to be staring at a ladder for a few hours a day to see if you actually understand any of what you're looking at and probably more importantly to see if its something you'd be willing to do on a daily basis for years, one of the biggest killers for a trader is boredom. Automation is another option but you still need an understanding of the markets to make that work. Either way most of your time needs to be spent in the markets and / or up to your nuts in data. So you're talking several hours a day that you need to commit to the journey.

Other well known trading personalities are pushing matched betting systems of their own and then encouraging people to make the leap into trading but I don't think they're being honest about the amount of work it entails.
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:45 am

Writing style's too different. If it was though, it must be weird giving yourself advice and then thanking yourself for it. :)
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:08 pm
Danny Asda wrote:
I already told you Danny, greening-up (different from free bet) is not MY system, it's not even a system but the act of placing a bet and I didn't invent it! It's like buying and selling for a profit, something everybody does without thinking.
Stop being so humble Derek :) Credit where credit is due!!!
Danny Asda

@euler thanks for replies. I’m starting to realise that this won’t be easy, everyone is making that very clear. I’m not a stranger to hard work, I was out most mornings last year selling meat on the car park as well as doing the MB. Though that’s dried up now too. The money that is, not the meat, the meats good quality, was getting it more or less straight from the abattoir. Think I might need to rethink my work schedule, to be fair, if i could just do weekends then have the rest of the week off, that would work for me.

@derek I haven’t got an automation program yet as I haven’t found out where to get one. I’ll have another look later, I’m just a bit overwhelmed at present, trying to take it all in Thanks
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:11 pm
To anyone brand new to trading the first thing you need to do is spend some time in the markets. All the advice that's been given is spot on but your first port of call needs to be staring at a ladder for a few hours a day to see if you actually understand any of what you're looking at and probably more importantly to see if its something you'd be willing to do on a daily basis for years, one of the biggest killers for a trader is boredom. Automation is another option but you still need an understanding of the markets to make that work. Either way most of your time needs to be spent in the markets and / or up to your nuts in data. So you're talking several hours a day that you need to commit to the journey.

Other well known trading personalities are pushing matched betting systems of their own and then encouraging people to make the leap into trading but I don't think they're being honest about the amount of work it entails.
From what I can gather, he's not interested in learning trading and doesn't want to take any risks. Just wants an easy way of making money like match betting. Lay the draw, back it when a goal's scored and he's off down the pub. If that doesn't work, back the draw, green up five minutes later and down the pub. If that fails he'll search goat's thread for a magic money-making bot that he can download. :)
Derek27

Danny Asda wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:16 pm
@derek I haven’t got an automation program yet as I haven’t found out where to get one. I’ll have another look later, I’m just a bit overwhelmed at present, trying to take it all in Thanks
Where do you intend to look. Do you think the owner of the magic money tree is going to publish it on the internet for you to download?
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:12 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:08 pm
Danny Asda wrote:
Stop being so humble Derek :) Credit where credit is due!!!
It's Peter who should be thanking me, he's using my system. :lol:

Return to “General discussion”