Duke of Edinburgh Passed Away

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Archery1969

Racist:

- Someone who believes that their race makes them better, more intelligent, more moral, etc. than people of other races and who does or says unfair or harmful things as a result.

Patriot:

- A person who vigorously supports their country and is prepared to defend it against enemies or detractors.

I guess a Patriot's actions could be classed as Racist depending on what your definition is of 'Defend' as that could include a multitude of things, good and bad.
ShaunWhite

fwiw it's worth I don't equate patriotism with racism. Loving your country doesn't mean hating others. But I do think racists use it to hide behind when their actions are anything but 'British'. (aka fair, reasonable & civilised, allegedly).

'Un' as in unpatriotic just means 'not', it doesn't mean anti or against. It's ok to be unpatriotic just as it's ok to be patriotic.
Derek27

What is the current forum record for how quickly a thread gets locked? :lol:
Jukebox

Locked - I want it erased.
Derek27

At last! Some 'other news'.
greenmark

Thread gone wonky. Forget patriotism or racism. The guy WAS privileged (how may people have been rescued from a coup by a British warship and then end up going to Gordonstoun). The point is what he did with that privilege. Gaffe-prone? Sure. But, a man that chooses to spend the day with royal marines, rather than banqueting with and glad-handing of their upper echelons, deserves respect.
jamesg46

Good riddance, guy was a piece of shit. Let's hope he doesn't get his reincarnation wish, infact, nothing would be more ironic if he'd died from it.

Nice to see you guys are doing a good job of creating better content. Noticed pretty much everything trading related is ignored, while a thread like this gets twisted... loved the paranoia in the week too, shame the guy got bent out of shape because of your own imaginations though. Still, it was a good laugh.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:27 pm
What is the current forum record for how quickly a thread gets locked? :lol:
The chill out area soon gets pretty frosty when toxic subjects come up.
greenmark

Can any of us imagine being in the microscope of the media for so long. To stand by your partner. To give up your vocation. I reckon he was a pretty cool guy.
Crazyskier

jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:10 pm
Good riddance, guy was a piece of shit. Let's hope he doesn't get his reincarnation wish, infact, nothing would be more ironic if he'd died from it.

Nice to see you guys are doing a good job of creating better content. Noticed pretty much everything trading related is ignored, while a thread like this gets twisted... loved the paranoia in the week too, shame the guy got bent out of shape because of your own imaginations though. Still, it was a good laugh.
Wow. Insulting the recently departed? Really James? That narrow-minded, profane bitterness doesn't become you, and says far more about you than the person you refer to.

As my old Gran once said to me, it's better to be thought a silent halfwit, than open one's mouth and confirm it! Really unnecessary there.

CS
greenmark

Crazyskier wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:49 pm
jamesg46 wrote:

Wow. Insulting the recently departed? Really James? That narrow-minded, profane bitterness doesn't become you, and says far more about you than the person you refer to.

As my old Gran once said to me, it's better to be thought a silent halfwit, than open one's mouth and confirm it! Really unnecessary there.

CS
Who'd have thought he could ignite such ire. I reckon he'd be chuckling. But for the record, I never realised he was so bright and on the front edge of technology and environmetnal issues. The media have painted him poorly throughout my life and are now rushing to turn him into an icon. Neither is accurate. But I do think he did good things, beyond what he needed to. He did have a sense of service and duty.
jamesg46

Crazyskier wrote:
jamesg46 wrote:

CS
Yeah, your Gran spoke true words,.shame Philip didn't recognise that.

Your Gran must have had more regard for people than Philip.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:11 pm
Crazyskier wrote:
jamesg46 wrote:

CS
Who'd have thought he could ignite such ire. I reckon he'd be chuckling. But for the record, I never realised he was so bright and on the front edge of technology and environmetnal issues. The media have painted him poorly throughout my life and are now rushing to turn him into an icon. Neither is accurate. But I do think he did good things, beyond what he needed to. He did have a sense of service and duty.
So, he's a piece of shit that done good things, went beyond the cause of duty and had a good sense of service and duty? :?
jamesg46

Beneath my foot. I wish every person on earth well... this guy, piece of shit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:19 pm
greenmark wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:11 pm
Crazyskier wrote:

CS
So, he's a piece of shit that done good things, went beyond the cause of duty and had a good sense of service and duty? :?
I recognise that you're slobbering for some attention "Dex" (I've noticed with your consistent posting), maybe another Russian woman will keep you good. Either that, Alex will. What you won't find is much from me.

Return to “Chill Out Area”