Euro 2020

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
jamesg46

Never a penalty, poor decision imo.
Dallas

Didn't see it myself but it would be very harsh on Croatia if they were effectively knocked out on that decision
jamesg46

Both players jumped at the same time and both of them had their arms high gaining leverage, it was unfortunate that the elbow was loose but he certainly didn't intend to connect with the peoples elbow. Just an unfortunate incident that has probably happened before and will again.
greenmark

Lovrens elbow was above shoulder height. Leverage is when you throw up your arms and then rise above them. He didn't, he put his arm there as an obstacle because Shick had outjumped him.
But in general Croatia have been well below what I was expecting. I think there's some issue going behind the scenes. Ageing players. Transition to a new generation (if there is one) and it looks to me like the manager has lost his mojo and th players are actually trying to get rid of him.
Derek27

Having a Spaniard refereeing the France/Germany match must be like a Scot refereeing an England match. :)
jamesg46

greenmark wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:50 pm
Lovrens elbow was above shoulder height. Leverage is when you throw up your arms and then rise above them. He didn't, he put his arm there as an obstacle because Shick had outjumped him.
But in general Croatia have been well below what I was expecting. I think there's some issue going behind the scenes. Ageing players. Transition to a new generation (if there is one) and it looks to me like the manager has lost his mojo and th players are actually trying to get rid of him.
Have to agree with your comments about the performance so far but I'll have to agree to disagree with you on the pen decision, not that I'm some sort of pro analyst. I'm not sure what's going on with Croatia but they're not playing with much enthusiasm imo.
greenmark

jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:59 pm
greenmark wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:50 pm
Have to agree with your comments about the performance so far but I'll have to agree to disagree with you on the pen decision, not that I'm some sort of pro analyst. I'm not sure what's going on with Croatia but they're not playing with much enthusiasm imo.
I have to confess to prejudice with Lovren. Yes, I'm a Lovrenist!! But seriously, I would like to see football follow rugby and justify decisions, live from the field. I think that would concentrate minds like never before.
greenmark

Christian Eriksen: Denmark midfielder discharged from hospital.

Thats great new, and a bit remarkable.
wearthefoxhat

greenmark wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:43 pm

Good news for sure.

Anyone that has a cardiac arrest has only a 10% chance as long as they receive CPR more or less immediately, which he did from their captain. His chances would have deteriorated by 10% a minute if he hadn't.

If a defib is available, then chances increase to around 50%.

During covid its recommended to keep suppressing the chest to the beat of "staying alive" and not bother with mouth to mouth. Obvs until help arrives. If not, you're the only hope they have.

cardiac.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
greenmark

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:18 pm
greenmark wrote:

Good news for sure.

Anyone that has a cardiac arrest has only a 10% chance as long as they receive CPR more or less immediately, which he did from their captain. His chances would have deteriorated by 10% a minute if he hadn't.

During covid its recommended to keep suppressing the chest to the beat of "staying alive" and not bother with mouth to mouth. Obvs until help arrives. If not, you're the only hope they have.

cardiac.png
I'm seeing defibs popping up. But bizarrely one on a really nice estate. Seriously, for most on that estate the ambulance would be a better deal unless it was outside your house. Or am I wrong? Is there now a strategy to put defibs at the same density as, say, post boxes?
Dallas

It's almost time :D

Obviously hope its an England win but also want the game itself to be a good one.
Archery1969

British by birth, English by the grace of god. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Archery1969 on Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weemac

12/1 Scotland is too big to ignore. Historically they've performed better the bigger underdogs they are.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:39 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:18 pm
greenmark wrote:

Good news for sure.

cardiac.png
I'm seeing defibs popping up. But bizarrely one on a really nice estate. Seriously, for most on that estate the ambulance would be a better deal unless it was outside your house. Or am I wrong? Is there now a strategy to put defibs at the same density as, say, post boxes?
I see them in supermarkets. I just hope someone's trained to use it properly. I wouldn't want a drunken mate using it on me if I collapse in a pub. :o

Perhaps they should have stomach pumps in pubs, I reckon I'd know how to use on of those.
Derek27

7-second delay!

Return to “Football trading”