Royal Ascot 2021

The sport of kings.
Euler

Speaking to other big players over the weekend, all of them were complaining about volumes. I guess the theory at the moment is that it's an affordability problem or Betfair are diverting the volume elsewhere. But when I approached Betfair prior to Ascot they just shrugged their shoulders.
Euler

Betfair's Barry Orr reported a surprising addition to the races with the highest turnover this year. Last year's top three of the Gold Cup, Queen Anne and Prince of Wales's were first, third and fourth on this year's list, but the Hampton Court Stakes, won on Thursday by Mohaafeth, gatecrashed in at number two.

Orr said: "Exchange volumes were very strong and seven races each day was a big hit with our customers. Our book came out about even after you take into account the generosity factor."
You have to laugh at how completely out of touch this comment is.
wearthefoxhat

Euler wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:25 am

Orr said: "Our book came out about even after you take into account the generosity factor."

The generosity factor?

I've heard of the Krypton Factor....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Euler wrote:
Betfair's Barry Orr reported a surprising addition to the races with the highest turnover this year. Last year's top three of the Gold Cup, Queen Anne and Prince of Wales's were first, third and fourth on this year's list, but the Hampton Court Stakes, won on Thursday by Mohaafeth, gatecrashed in at number two.

Orr said: "Exchange volumes were very strong and seven races each day was a big hit with our customers. Our book came out about even after you take into account the generosity factor."
Thats hilarious
Naffman

Dallas wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:50 pm
Euler wrote:

Thats hilarious
"Exchange volumes were very strong" i.e. exchange volumes definitely weren't up despite an added race every day

Return to “Trading Horse racing”