The fat fingers thread

The sport of kings.
sweetybt

OMG
Last edited by sweetybt on Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeTiss

I'd love to know how things like Gilt Edged actually happen. If somebody has that amount of money sat in a BF account, you wouldn't expect them to be dummies.

I've become so disturbed by recent stories of hacking, you wonder if a hacker could even do this to somebody! Let's say I placed a lay trade of £20000 on Gilt Edged at 1.01. I then hacked into somebody's account with £20k+ available and placed enough money to take the price all the way down to my £20000!

With BF showing such apathy to these criminals, and the hackers being sophisticated with their avoidance procedures, it makes you wonder what levels they can exploit BF's security flaws with regards to people's banks
CaerMyrddin

That's a chance, but my guess would be a messy bot.

And the event might even go unnoticed, as this horse won the race?
PeterLe

LeTiss 4pm wrote:I'd love to know how things like Gilt Edged actually happen. If somebody has that amount of money sat in a BF account, you wouldn't expect them to be dummies.

I've become so disturbed by recent stories of hacking, you wonder if a hacker could even do this to somebody! Let's say I placed a lay trade of £20000 on Gilt Edged at 1.01. I then hacked into somebody's account with £20k+ available and placed enough money to take the price all the way down to my £20000!

With BF showing such apathy to these criminals, and the hackers being sophisticated with their avoidance procedures, it makes you wonder what levels they can exploit BF's security flaws with regards to people's banks
I often think the same thing..its a good way to launder money too across borders? It would be interesting to see if this happens in more obscure markets - like 11:05 Greyhound Race at Belle Vue for instance!
Euler

111207 - Onwards and upwards.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mister man

1.01 thats a bot/auto.... and even then no bet for me.
superfrank

mister man

Properties of the number 21

Symbolism

Symbol of the person centered on the object and either on himself.

Number of the perfection by excellence, 3 x 7, according to the Bible.

Symbol representing the unknown superiors or the great spiritual Masters of the humanity.

This number "contains the ratios of the principle of individuality 1 with the cosmic differentiation 20", according to R. Allendy. These ratios would constitute an act of organization - 2 + 1 = 3: "Thus the principle of individuality, placed between the world of the spirit and that the matter, realizes in itself the meeting of both."

Represent the harmony of the creation.

Number representing the union of Trinity, whose result of their common action makes emerge the creation.

For Claude of Saint-Martin, "the number 21 is the number of destruction or rather of universal termination, because, as 2 is separated from 1, it is necessary that it has a means of to unite there if it wants it. This number shows at the same time the command of the production of things and their end, as well in the spiritual one as in the corporal one."

The "21, the highest possible number of 3 in the corporal, is in relation with the spiritual and shows the quality of the renewal", according to Eckartshausen.

Number representing the maturity and the responsibility for an individual. It expresses also the notion of chief.

It is the numbered representation of God and the Temple, and for this reason it is considered by the esoteric texts as a divine number or sacred.
Zenyatta

sweetybt

exactly 1 tenth of what I made when the second fav was withdrawn at Huntingdon :P
Euler

My favourite number is 2.718281828
to75ne

i assume given your forum name, that is your favourite constant.
Euler

My favourite food is pi
to75ne

its been a long time, i can remember that e and pi are both somehow related mathematically, and euler was the first to explain it, but i have not touched this stuff for 30 odd years, to be honest i hated it at the time.

but i sort of appreciate why you like pies :lol:
Euler

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euler's_identity

A thing of beauty, but Dirac's equation was amazing: -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirac_equation

He should be better known that Einstien.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”