Lay the Ex-Leader (if now 3rd or lower & Travelling Slower) - Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

delghisallo wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:58 am
Hi Guys,

I'm after some help if possible, I've added an additional stored value for the percentage of race remaining, and set a condition for the signal to only start looking for horses that led the race, after 5% of the race is completed, the idea being that this gives the race time to settle down. However, the lay doesn't seem to to trigger now, so I've obviously done something wrong, but can't see what?? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)
I be just checked the signal rule and thats still triggering fine, so the race% condition you have added has been done right

Which races have you tried it on? as there is only Plumpton supported by TPD today
delghisallo

Dallas wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:58 pm
delghisallo wrote:
Hi Guys,

I'm after some help if possible, I've added an additional stored value for the percentage of race remaining, and set a condition for the signal to only start looking for horses that led the race, after 5% of the race is completed, the idea being that this gives the race time to settle down. However, the lay doesn't seem to to trigger now, so I've obviously done something wrong, but can't see what?? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I be just checked the signal rule and thats still triggering fine, so the race% condition you have added has been done right

Which races have you tried it on? as there is only Plumpton supported by TPD today
Thanks for the fast reply Dallas :). I tried it in practice mode on some of the US races last night. I'll set it to run tomorrow in live mode with small stakes, theres quite a few TPD supported courses tomorrow
delghisallo

Dallas wrote:
delghisallo wrote:
Hi Guys,

Hi,

I've tried to add an additional rule so that the leader has to be in the lead for at least 5 seconds before the "led_race" signal is fired, however I have tried testing this at Flos Las today, but I'm fairly sure I've done something wrong. Any guidance on how to correct this automation would be great

Thanks

Delghisallo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

delghisallo wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:23 pm
Dallas wrote:
delghisallo wrote:
Hi Guys,

Hi,

I've tried to add an additional rule so that the leader has to be in the lead for at least 5 seconds before the "led_race" signal is fired, however I have tried testing this at Flos Las today, but I'm fairly sure I've done something wrong. Any guidance on how to correct this automation would be great

Thanks

Delghisallo
There is a condition on the signal leader rule that only allows it to trigger once per selection
Because that signal is currently being used to identify those that have led i'd leave that as it was and set up another rule a follows

'Set/Modify Signal' rule which re-arms every second and is applied to selection in custom ranking 1
Increment signal on selection (give it a new name)

To reset it when it's not the leader you will also need;
'Set/Modify Signal' rule which re-arms every second and is applied to ANY selection
Clear signal named

with a 'Signal Set condition' to test the new signal is set with a value
and a 'Relative Odds Condition' to test the selections back price
is less than
the back price
of the selection by Rank Custom Ranking 1

That should do it
delghisallo

Dallas wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:20 pm
delghisallo wrote:
Dallas wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Delghisallo
There is a condition on the signal leader rule that only allows it to trigger once per selection
Because that signal is currently being used to identify those that have led i'd leave that as it was and set up another rule a follows

'Set/Modify Signal' rule which re-arms every second and is applied to selection in custom ranking 1

'Set/Modify Signal' rule which re-arms every second and is applied to ANY selection
Clear signal named

is less than
the back price

That should do it
Brilliant thanks as always Dallas....really appreciate you dedication to helping others!! I'll have a play around with this later and see if I can get it working in tomorrows markets :)
delghisallo

Dallas wrote:
delghisallo wrote:
Dallas wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Delghisallo

Clear signal named

is less than
the back price

That should do it
Hi Dallas,

Sorry to bother you again, but looking at my log, I don't think I've applied this correctly. Any guidance would be really welcomed.

Thank you

Del
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

delghisallo wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:29 pm
Dallas wrote:
delghisallo wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Delghisallo

Clear signal named

is less than
the back price

That should do it
Hi Dallas,

Sorry to bother you again, but looking at my log, I don't think I've applied this correctly. Any guidance would be really welcomed.

Thank you

Del
I won't have chance to check the file until tomorrow, but from the looks of the log (and assuming you've got logging enabled on your reset signal rule), then that's not triggering.
Can't initially think why it didn't trigger on 'The Midwife' as that clearly hit 5 before any other did
delghisallo

Dallas wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:40 pm
delghisallo wrote:
Dallas wrote:

Clear signal named

is less than
the back price

That should do it
Hi Dallas,

Thank you

Del
I won't have chance to check the file until tomorrow, but from the looks of the log (and assuming you've got logging enabled on your reset signal rule), then that's not triggering.
Can't initially think why it didn't trigger on 'The Midwife' as that clearly hit 5 before any other did
Thanks Dallas,

No rush at all. I'm sure its something I've done wrong :oops:

Once again I appreciate your support

- Delghisallo
Dallas

delghisallo wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:08 pm
Dallas wrote:
delghisallo wrote:

Hi Dallas,

Thank you

Del
Thanks Dallas,

- Delghisallo
Try this
Lay ex Leader with counter.baf

The signal was setting the name Counter with a capital 'C', but your condition had a lower case 'c'
Also I added the signal value condition must be 5, on to the the set leader signal rule
Last thing I've changed was the number of triggers on the set and reset counter rules to unlimited
delghisallo

Dallas wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:42 am
delghisallo wrote:
Dallas wrote:

Thanks Dallas,

- Delghisallo
Try this

The signal was setting the name Counter with a capital 'C', but your condition had a lower case 'c'
Also I added the signal value condition must be 5, on to the the set leader signal rule
Last thing I've changed was the number of triggers on the set and reset counter rules to unlimited
Brilliant Dallas thank you this works just as I wanted :)
Dallas

delghisallo wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:40 pm
Dallas wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:42 am
delghisallo wrote:

Thanks Dallas,

- Delghisallo
Try this

Brilliant Dallas thank you this works just as I wanted :)

CitizenEra5ed

I’m currently just having a little dabble with this latest iteration of the lay the favourite file but something appears wrong with it (unless it’s me - I’m brand new to this 😂)

The last 2 races, when a horse has pulled up for whatever reason, the log is showing that all the automation is doing is looking at the pulled up horse - ie Southwell 14:40, Alljani went off course and pulled up. Log for rest of race was Automation signal for Alljani Counter = 1 and just carried on counting up, 2, 3, 4,…..200 etc. No other horse mentioned.

Regards

Chris
Dallas

CitizenEra5ed wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:57 pm
I’m currently just having a little dabble with this latest iteration of the lay the favourite file but something appears wrong with it (unless it’s me - I’m brand new to this 😂)

The last 2 races, when a horse has pulled up for whatever reason, the log is showing that all the automation is doing is looking at the pulled up horse - ie Southwell 14:40, Alljani went off course and pulled up. Log for rest of race was Automation signal for Alljani Counter = 1 and just carried on counting up, 2, 3, 4,…..200 etc. No other horse mentioned.

Regards

Chris
Are you sure its this file you are using?
Or has it been edited in someway?

The file in the OP doesn't perform any counting
It only sets one signal on a selection if it leads the race, and only does this on up to 3 selections
CitizenEra5ed

Hi Dallas, it’s the latest iteration posted a few posts above that I used - the one that mentions counter in the name. It counts the race leader unless a horse pulls up then seems to just count that. I saw it twice in consecutive races.

I have not changed the file at all.

Regards

Chris

PS thanks for your excellent work on this forum. I’m new here but already can see what a massive asset you are.
Dallas

CitizenEra5ed wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:38 am
Hi Dallas, it’s the latest iteration posted a few posts above that I used - the one that mentions counter in the name. It counts the race leader unless a horse pulls up then seems to just count that. I saw it twice in consecutive races.

I have not changed the file at all.

Regards

Chris

PS thanks for your excellent work on this forum. I’m new here but already can see what a massive asset you are.
Ah ok,

That was a users file which they adapted, all I done was make a few corrections that were preventing it from triggering.
Without going through the full file in detail and testing it properly I couldn't really say what's causing what you've seen, or how to go about fixing.

If I get chance i'll try and have a look towards the end of the week, or in the mean time maybe if delghisallo see's your post and has also come across it and resolved it he can advise what to change

Return to “TPD / Total Performance Data”