Back 2nd-4th if Travelling Faster than the Leader at this Location - Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

sIGNAL wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:57 pm
Dallas wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:32 pm
sIGNAL wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:24 pm

Yes the 3rd place or less runners (4th, 5th 6th etc) that have been 1.2 MPH slower than the leader. (ive got it to set to trigger upto 3 times)
Thats the part im struggling with at the moment as think its all back to front. I will then be adding more rules after this part is sorted. TIA.
So not specifically lay the 3rd place, its any position between 3rd - 6th? even if they are flip flopping about?
If no runner has been in the same position AND 1.2mph slower than the leader for 2+ secs then don't trigger?
sorry if im confusing you and probably myself lol as Im in the middle of trying to sort out 2 bots which are very similar but one using TPD data and one that isnt. Its just this TPD one im having so many issues with.

if it makes it easier as i can alter alot myself after, for now I just need sorting the following;

>Lay the 3rd place runner
>Runner has been travelling at least 1.2mph slower than the leader was at this location
>Runner has maintained this consistently for at least the last 2 secs.

>I then have a rule im using from another file which I will be adding (or if your able to add otherwise dont worry) that stores the distance between 3rd place and the leader and as long as the 3rd place runner is then 8 metres or more behind the leader then place the lay bet.

thats the basis of what i need if that now makes sense hopefully.
I get the gist of what you are wanting, but when measuring something over a period of time (ie, speed) and the position, you need to factor in the changes of positions that can occur and how that effects the speed/time - and decide which way you want to do it.
That's what I was trying to understand

From this criteria its clearer, but depending on what you want to eventually change to it might mean undoing most of how I suggest/set it up
>Runner has been travelling at least 1.2mph slower than the leader was at this location
sIGNAL

Dallas wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:11 pm
sIGNAL wrote:
Dallas wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:32 pm

So not specifically lay the 3rd place, its any position between 3rd - 6th? even if they are flip flopping about?
If no runner has been in the same position AND 1.2mph slower than the leader for 2+ secs then don't trigger?
sorry if im confusing you and probably myself lol as Im in the middle of trying to sort out 2 bots which are very similar but one using TPD data and one that isnt. Its just this TPD one im having so many issues with.

if it makes it easier as i can alter alot myself after, for now I just need sorting the following;

>I then have a rule im using from another file which I will be adding (or if your able to add otherwise dont worry) that stores the distance between 3rd place and the leader and as long as the 3rd place runner is then 8 metres or more behind the leader then place the lay bet.

I get the gist of what you are wanting, but when measuring something over a period of time (ie, speed) and the position, you need to factor in the changes of positions that can occur and how that effects the speed/time - and decide which way you want to do it.

From this criteria its clearer, but depending on what you want to eventually change to it might mean undoing most of how I suggest/set it up
Ok thanks for the insight. let me give it some more thought and i will come back to you on this tomorrow once ive processed it all properly
Dallas

sIGNAL wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:14 pm
Dallas wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:11 pm
sIGNAL wrote:

Ok thanks for the insight. let me give it some more thought and i will come back to you on this tomorrow once ive processed it all properly
No probs, just drop a message and i'll take a deeper look at the file once you know which way you want to do it
sIGNAL

Dallas wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:15 pm

I think using the live speed data from TPD should be the main focus of what I'm trying to achieve with this automation, and what I am trying to achieve is catch a runner towards the back end of the race that is done and starts to fall back/drift etc.

So the rules should be;

>Lay the 3rd Favourite (by actual SP)
>Race distance remaining 20% or less

And then instead of using the rule that i mentioned in my previous posts "lengths behind the leader" as you mentioned the other scenarios involved with this around position change, would it therfore be feasible as I'm focusing on speed, to add the below instead;

>runners average speed over last 10 seconds is slower than the leader.

The lay should only trigger if all of the above is met.
(If there was a position change with the runner after the lay bet is placed and it looks like it will win, I can add a profit loss rule to get me out if his price was to shorten, that's something I can experiment with and add to this later if need be)

I've got tonnes more ideas to work with on this, but does the above all work together now as a basic automation file and as a starting point with what I am trying to achieve from this?
Dallas

sIGNAL wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:20 am
Dallas wrote:

I think using the live speed data from TPD should be the main focus of what I'm trying to achieve with this automation, and what I am trying to achieve is catch a runner towards the back end of the race that is done and starts to fall back/drift etc.

So the rules should be;

And then instead of using the rule that i mentioned in my previous posts "lengths behind the leader" as you mentioned the other scenarios involved with this around position change, would it therfore be feasible as I'm focusing on speed, to add the below instead;

(If there was a position change with the runner after the lay bet is placed and it looks like it will win, I can add a profit loss rule to get me out if his price was to shorten, that's something I can experiment with and add to this later if need be)

I've got tonnes more ideas to work with on this, but does the above all work together now as a basic automation file and as a starting point with what I am trying to achieve from this?
Something like this?
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=24657
sIGNAL

Dallas wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:29 am
sIGNAL wrote:
Dallas wrote:

So the rules should be;

Something like this?

Yes similar to that. I have been playing with that one as well and again couldn't quite get it to work for what I wanted.

So yes, effectively those rules in that file, but without >Runner must have previously led the race*

And to then include
Dallas

sIGNAL wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:55 am
Dallas wrote:
sIGNAL wrote:

So the rules should be;

Something like this?

Yes similar to that. I have been playing with that one as well and again couldn't quite get it to work for what I wanted.

So yes, effectively those rules in that file, but without >Runner must have previously led the race*

And to then include
These 3 rules should give you what you want although I haven't been able to test them yet
V1.0.baf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sIGNAL

Dallas wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:05 pm
sIGNAL wrote:
Dallas wrote:

Something like this?

And to then include
These 3 rules should give you what you want although I haven't been able to test them yet
V1.0.baf
thank you Dallas, i will take a look this afternoon. much appreciated
sIGNAL

Dallas wrote:
sIGNAL wrote:
Dallas wrote:

Something like this?

And to then include
V1.0.baf
I didnt get a chance to test this yesterday but will be doing so this afternoon.
Can i just check, what is the adjustment value refer to as I cant figure that part out ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

sIGNAL wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:22 pm
Dallas wrote:
sIGNAL wrote:

And to then include
V1.0.baf
I didnt get a chance to test this yesterday but will be doing so this afternoon.
Can i just check, what is the adjustment value refer to as I cant figure that part out ?
That's the equivalent M/S of 1.2mph
sIGNAL

Dallas wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:25 pm
sIGNAL wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:22 pm
Dallas wrote:

V1.0.baf
That's the equivalent M/S of 1.2mph
ah ok got it.
I Just tested it on 1335 Chepstow, worked a treat, thank you :-)
parrettt

I spent 3 hours last night on the US races.
Most were won by a horse breaking away to win although a couple were pipped at the post. On the majority of races the horse that accelerated away to win was not showing on TPD as the fastest horse. Sometimes it was the third or fourth fastest. I can understand a spurt to get away and the others trying to catch up but the winning horse was never the fastest at any stage in these races apart from a couple. This is on speed, last 5 seconds and last 10 seconds.
I could see the horses speeding off on live stream and betangel. Conversely the speed TPD showed for winners in UK races was accurate.
Is this how it normally works with TPD on US tracks?
Dallas

parrettt wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:32 am
I spent 3 hours last night on the US races.
Most were won by a horse breaking away to win although a couple were pipped at the post. On the majority of races the horse that accelerated away to win was not showing on TPD as the fastest horse. Sometimes it was the third or fourth fastest. I can understand a spurt to get away and the others trying to catch up but the winning horse was never the fastest at any stage in these races apart from a couple. This is on speed, last 5 seconds and last 10 seconds.
I could see the horses speeding off on live stream and betangel. Conversely the speed TPD showed for winners in UK races was accurate.
Is this how it normally works with TPD on US tracks?
TBH I never bother with the US races, its a question best asked on the thread below, a user called JamesEdwards trades most US races so will be able to comment better, if not TPD themselves
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=25007&start=420
parrettt

thank you! :D
parrettt

Hi Dallas
One thing I am finding is that the speed and distance one click is as useful as the velocity and cadence one but it seems that we must choose one or the other
Is there any way of having them both on the one click together - it would really help
Cheers
Richard

Return to “TPD / Total Performance Data”