TPD Feedback and Issues

Integrate live racecourse data into your favourite Betfair trading interface from TPD.
Euler

Way ahead of the Sky pictures today, way ahead.
Safeway

Thanks again for the help I have received here :)

This week I am watching races with TPD data and starting to place the odd manual bet as I get used to everything.

One thing goes through my mind.......Automation! In order to use TPD in Bet Angel I select the races in Guardian and have a Rules File which Dallas kindly supplied on those races. Now.....if I were to be adding my automation rules to create my own bot, do I add my automation rules to that Rules File by editing, adding etc? OR should my automation be applied another way?

I THINK Guardian only supports one rules file per market? Please can one of you knowledgeable people comment?

Have a great day all :D
Dabbla

You can have up to 5 rules files in Guardian.
Guardian > list > choose the columns you wish to display in the markets (the first icon, Grey, yellow and white grid) > tick the relevant (automation rules) you wish to add.

It’s really up to you, how you wish to do it.
From a personal point of view, I think it’s better to have 2 small files rather than one big one.
It depends how much you will use Dallas file for reference or data.
Its easy enough to add them together or split them at a later date.
jamesedwards

Safeway wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:09 am
Thanks again for the help I have received here :)

This week I am watching races with TPD data and starting to place the odd manual bet as I get used to everything.

One thing goes through my mind.......Automation! In order to use TPD in Bet Angel I select the races in Guardian and have a Rules File which Dallas kindly supplied on those races. Now.....if I were to be adding my automation rules to create my own bot, do I add my automation rules to that Rules File by editing, adding etc? OR should my automation be applied another way?

I THINK Guardian only supports one rules file per market? Please can one of you knowledgeable people comment?

Have a great day all :D
Personally I have one big rulesfile, with 68 lines, that does everything; sets my pre-race bets, provides my in-race TPD data, and triggers TPD-based automation. I used to worry about whether the size of my rulesfile would affect the speed of bet placement but it doesn't seem to. I am running a high-spec PC though so don't know if it may affect slower machines.

Be very careful when playing with automated triggers using TPD. It's a great tool but things do occasionally go wrong with the data and it took me several months to figure out the right tolerances and thresholds of when to trigger and when to block due to suspicious data. Make sure you make good use of Practise Mode and when you start trading for real stick to £1 stakes until you are totally confident. (Unfortunately if you use sub-£1 stakes then this will take 2 secs to hit the market instead of the usual 1 sec). Even laying just £1 can cost you £1000 in this game if you are extremely unlucky.
Safeway

Thanks both Dabbla and James.

My subscription to TPD is more than the trial offer. I thought I needed to get involved with a good few races before making a decision as to whether TPD justified my time and the risk of potential catastrophic losses :evil:

So far I have concluded that if one is using TPD that MUST be via Bet Angel (no surprises there....) That was a lesson learned within 12 hours, probably much less :lol:

Of the handful of races I have watched / traded the 'winning' runner has been wrong on two occasions. I fully understand the reasons for this but I would not want to be a salesman for TPD as my prospect's objections would be very, very difficult to counter. As I see it, TPD is a tool for finding the right runner(s) to lay. I thought this before subscribing but now think that even more so.

Everything I have said is very simplistic and there must be a million different uses for the TPD data but life is only so long.

For me the jury is out. Its a matter of whether this data serves me with the mindset I have and so I'm giving it a month to get enthused or cease :|

Thanks again for the help you have given. I may be asking for more help yet!

D.
The Silk Run

I, we used TPD as as a syndicate some time before Bet Angel introduced and included into their concept of operations !!!!

Too date I haven't heard many positives across the trading spectrum. May I further add and for oversight, and transparency this model was setup by former, and current employees of foremerly Paddy Power, Betfair Exchange !!!!

The product has moved on since, but backward !!!! But if that's how you roll then stick with it and click-on !!!!
jamesedwards

The Silk Run wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:21 am
I, we used TPD as as a syndicate some time before Bet Angel introduced and included into their concept of operations !!!!

Too date I haven't heard many positives across the trading spectrum. May I further add and for oversight, and transparency this model was setup by former, and current employees of foremerly Paddy Power, Betfair Exchange !!!!

The product has moved on since, but backward !!!! But if that's how you roll then stick with it and click-on !!!!
It is possible to make good money using TPD through Bet Angel. I have had automations running for two years and they are very successful. The bulk of my profit still comes from manual trading but TPD data helps with this too.
Safeway

I'm worryingly now in my 20th year with Betfair :cry:

It is only very recently that I have really considered tools over and above the most basic of the Bet Angel features. I am not sure why this is. Anyway the time has come to go beyond because I have been pretty much treading water for a while.

I have to say that TPD has caused me to look at things in horseracing a little differently. I can't get too excited but on a few occasions I have found the Pars charts very interesting and useful. Thanks for the warning James.....I am not progressing any ideas about automation involving TPD for a long time if ever.....I would love to but I'm just not up to it.

So........how the hell do I get Bet Angel In Play Trader? It seems a bit hidden. I am due to renew my Bet Angel membership in the next few days and I'd like to include this in my spend. I see some mention of prices but where/how do I get it?

Thanks all.
Thosefoxpeople

Hi, any timeline on when the Australian markets will be available on TPD after the merger of TSD (if at all)? Will it just be thoroughbreds or will the harness venues that TSD covered also be available? Thanks
iDooze

Thosefoxpeople wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:19 am
Hi, any timeline on when the Australian markets will be available on TPD after the merger of TSD (if at all)? Will it just be thoroughbreds or will the harness venues that TSD covered also be available? Thanks
Huge news for TPD - they are turning into a true global leader for horse GPS data. I’d also be super interested when / if the Aussie markets will come available for us BA users.
TPD-Zone

To confirm that the bug identified a few weeks ago, re the TPD data metric "Race Leaders speed at this selection's location" which was missing in races which had no Pars data, has now been fixed. Many thanks to everyone who use this data element for your patience.
lotora

TPD-Zone wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:09 am
To confirm that the bug identified a few weeks ago, re the TPD data metric "Race Leaders speed at this selection's location" which was missing in races which had no Pars data, has now been fixed. Many thanks to everyone who use this data element for your patience.
Thanks a bunch!

BTW, I've noticed there's a tendency for races at Turfway Park to get added quite late to the TPD status list. Could someone from TPD possibly look into this?
Attachments
Turfaway Park.PNG
jamesedwards

lotora wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:27 am
TPD-Zone wrote:
Thanks a bunch!

BTW, I've noticed there's a tendency for races at Turfway Park to get added quite late to the TPD status list. Could someone from TPD possibly look into this?
Could be caused by Betfair. Betfair don't tend to upload evening (US time) markets until the morning of. Almost all other TPD tracks race during the afternoon (US time) so will be uploaded by Betfair on the evening before.
lotora

jamesedwards wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:53 pm
lotora wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:27 am
TPD-Zone wrote:
Thanks a bunch!

Could be caused by Betfair. Betfair don't tend to upload evening (US time) markets until the morning of. Almost all other TPD tracks race during the afternoon (US time) so will be uploaded by Betfair on the evening before.
I get your point, but Betfair uploaded these races at least four hours ago. Anyway, it's a minor issue. :D
TPD-Zone

Regarding Turfway Park and the Status page. Please be aware that the data appearing on the status page is triggered by third party suppliers pinging data into TPD back office systems. Turfway Park is generally the last to appear but it is generally there in plenty of time for the first race.

Return to “Bet Angel - Total Performance Data - FAQ's”