TPD Feedback and Issues

Integrate live racecourse data into your favourite Betfair trading interface from TPD.
lotora

FYI, from my email correspondence with TPD:
Attachments
tpd.PNG
lotora

Did TPD just recently add more British racetracks, such as Chepstow?
jamesedwards

lotora wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:13 am
Did TPD just recently add more British racetracks, such as Chepstow?
Chepstow has been covered by TPD for several years.

Newbury are swapping from RMG to ARC this year so will be interesting to see if they also become available on TPD.
lotora

Thanks for telling me!
BTW, Regarding Newbury.
Attachments
Newbury.PNG
TPD-Zone

To confirm the position re Newbury and TPD data; the data from the course is now available to TPD and the Team were planning to undertake some analysis of the data flows at today's meeting (Wednesday 17th Jan). Then if all looked good we were planning to make an announcement re the track going live at the next meeting, Tuesday 23rd Jan.

Unfortunately with today's meeting being abandoned those plans will have to change. The data flow to Bet Angel and the other platforms will no doubt be absolutely fine - the testing is more aligned to in-running prices to Bookies.

We will provide a further update on Tuesday morning.
TPD-Zone

Pleased to announce that the TPD data will be available from Turfway Park (US) with effect from this evening's meeting.
lotora

TPD-Zone wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:33 pm
Pleased to announce that the TPD data will be available from Turfway Park (US) with effect from this evening's meeting.
Thanks a bunch! (the time zone is perfect for us here in Thailand :) )

FYI, from the Bet Angel log: "Unable to connect Turfway Park (US) 18th Jan - 06:25 R2 1m Mdn to Total Performance Data. The race is not supported by their service."
jamesedwards

lotora wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:30 pm
TPD-Zone wrote:

FYI, from the Bet Angel log: "Unable to connect Turfway Park (US) 18th Jan - 06:25 R2 1m Mdn to Total Performance Data. The race is not supported by their service."
Close down and reopen BA.
lotora

jamesedwards wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:54 pm
lotora wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:30 pm
TPD-Zone wrote:

Close down and reopen BA.
Thank you! that did work. BTW, what do you do when the TPD information: "Race leader's speed at this selection's location" is not accessible? (here's what I will try out in the next TPD race)
Attachments
lead_ms.PNG
lead_speed_SV.PNG
lotora

Anyone else?
jamesedwards

lotora wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:12 am
Anyone else?
I don't use that metric. If I did then I'd probably create something rough myself that stores every horses speed every X meters using distance to finish.
lotora

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:28 am
lotora wrote:
Anyone else?
I don't use that metric. If I did then I'd probably create something rough myself that stores every horses speed every X meters using distance to finish.
Thanks! I would like to compare the current leader's speed with the other horses' current speed. I know how to do it when the leader's speed comes directly from TPD, but not in the 10% of races where it doesn't. @Dallas, could you help me here?
jamesedwards

lotora wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:42 am
jamesedwards wrote:
lotora wrote:
Anyone else?
Thanks! I would like to compare the current leader's speed with the other horses' current speed. I know how to do it when the leader's speed comes directly from TPD, but not in the 10% of races where it doesn't. @Dallas, could you help me here?
That's much easier. Simply store a value called "leader_speed" of the speed for "every" horse with a condition that "position in the race" = 1.
Safeway

Hi All :)

I am sorry to bring this down to schoolboy level but I'm struggling tonight.

I have a new TPD subscription and have happily watched my first couple of races. It looked FAB. The problem is that I can't sort the columns to show the Speed, Position, Distance metrics.

I have tried to follow Dallas' instructions BUT when I click the 'star' icon on the one click screen, to bring in the format thingy my download box which is normally populated with lots of stuff is blank/empty even though my PC informs me that I have downloaded the file 100 times in my list of downloads.

I am running Bet Angel 1.61.

Please does anybody have any suggestions? I'm gonna have to stop now to play some relaxing music and hopefully the Indian takeout will help me recover.

Thanks all!

D.
lotora

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:31 pm
lotora wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:42 am
jamesedwards wrote:

That's much easier. Simply store a value called "leader_speed" of the speed for "every" horse with a condition that "position in the race" = 1.
Thans again! That should work! Will try it today.

Return to “Bet Angel - Total Performance Data - FAQ's”