Ukraine Crisis

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
greenmark

napshnap wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:53 pm
‘This is a war of propaganda’: John Pilger on Ukraine and Assange.

"... I've covered probably seven, eight, nine shooting wars. I've never seen coverage so utterly consumed by a tsunami of jingoism and of manipulative jingoism as this one..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9pEotvlW-s
jingoism: extreme patriotism, especially in the form of aggressive or warlike foreign policy.

Nato nor Ukraine has set foot in Russia. It's Russia that is guilty of jingoism and has acted with violence (despite having the 2nd biggest nuclear arsenal). You can find all the youtubes of has-been journo's. Missiles/tanks and boots on the ground in a soveriegn state say it all.
napshnap

greenmark wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:26 pm
napshnap wrote:

"... I've covered probably seven, eight, nine shooting wars. I've never seen coverage so utterly consumed by a tsunami of jingoism and of manipulative jingoism as this one..."

jingoism: extreme patriotism, especially in the form of aggressive or warlike foreign policy.

Nato nor Ukraine has set foot in Russia. It's Russia that is guilty of jingoism and has acted with violence (despite having the 2nd biggest nuclear arsenal). You can find all the youtubes of has-been journo's. Missiles/tanks and boots on the ground in a soveriegn state say it all.
It's interesting what're nato's missiles/tanks (not yet, afaik) and boots (and also: artillery (to attack russian near border towns), instructors, "mercs" and intel) on the ground in a soveriegn state say to you?
greenmark

napshnap wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:37 am
greenmark wrote:
napshnap wrote:

It's interesting what're nato's missiles/tanks (not yet, afaik) and boots (and also: artillery (to attack russian near border towns), instructors, "mercs" and intel) on the ground in a soveriegn state say to you?
It says to me that Nato is trying to help a soveriegn state protect itself from unprovoked, unilateral aggression from an enormously more powerful neighbour.
Russia has gifted/sold arms to a fair few countries.
And of course NATO is strengthening it's presence in NATO countries and now Sweden/Finland.
Mercenaries are not employed by NATO. But, of course, they could pop up in any field of conflict. Thats their job. I imagine there are a fair few Russian Merc's out there too, no?
And intel, well, come on. If you had a friend being attacked and had some useful info, would you not share it.
Face facts. NATO is no threat to Russia. You have a looney at the helm raining destruction and misery on a former ally.
This isn't like Bosnia. This is a calculated aggression. The sooner you guys kick Putin out the better.
napshnap

greenmark wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:32 pm
napshnap wrote:
greenmark wrote:

It says to me that Nato is trying to help a soveriegn state protect itself from unprovoked, unilateral aggression from an enormously more powerful neighbour.
And of course NATO is strengthening it's presence in NATO countries and now Sweden/Finland.
Mercenaries are not employed by NATO. But, of course, they could pop up in any field of conflict. Thats their job. I imagine there are a fair few Russian Merc's out there too, no?
And intel, well, come on. If you had a friend being attacked and had some useful info, would you not share it.
Face facts. NATO is no threat to Russia. You have a looney at the helm raining destruction and misery on a former ally.
This isn't like Bosnia. This is a calculated aggression. The sooner you guys kick Putin out the better.
"Nato is trying to help...", "If you had a friend being attacked...", "isn't like Bosnia...".
Alright, greenmark. I get you point, I won't argue with you in this "ideal" pink glasses field - nato is the good guy and others are bad guys (exept some "But He's Our Son of a Bitch" guys, situationally).

Yanks have over 300mil pieces and they can do nothing with their "alzheimer resident" and his terrible unprofessional office, thinking that "civil society"'less country whos most capable and passionate element being wasted by war conflicts and emigration can do anything is just ignorance.
But, everything is possible with a help of the "true friend" - "As somebody who has helped plan coups d'etat -- not here, but, you know, other places..." - John Bolton. I wonder what these "other places" are, do they give free cookies there?
Last edited by napshnap on Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenmark

napshnap wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:37 pm
greenmark wrote:
napshnap wrote:

"Nato is trying to help...", "If you had a friend being attacked...", "isn't like Bosnia...".
Alright, greenmark. I get you point, I won't argue with you in this "ideal" pink glasses field - nato is the good guy and others are bad guys (exept some "But He's Our Son of a Bitch" guys, situationally).

Yanks have over 300mil pieces and they can do nothing with their "alzheimer resident" and his terrible unprofessional office, thinking that "civil society"'less country whos most capable and passionate element being wasted by war conflicts and emigration can do anything is just ignorance.
But, everything is possible with a "friend"s" help - "As somebody who has helped plan coups d'etat -- not here, but, you know, other places..." - John Bolton.
OK Il'll have another go. Who is the "Sonof a Bitch" you are referring to?
Can you explain this, because I don't understand it - " whos most capable and passionate element being wasted by war conflicts and emigration".
The notion that Russia has not engaged in planning coups d'etat is laughable.
napshnap

greenmark wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:36 pm
napshnap wrote:
greenmark wrote:

But, everything is possible with a "friend"s" help - "As somebody who has helped plan coups d'etat -- not here, but, you know, other places..." - John Bolton.
Can you explain this, because I don't understand it - " whos most capable and passionate element being wasted by war conflicts and emigration".
Greenmark, do you read international news sometimes? Think about one of natos major players leader recent shameful voyage and some naughty natos members.

"Can you explain this, because I don't understand it"
The country dont have "human resources", capable civil society to do what you always say it should do (in a civilized manner, the country don't need your or anyone else's muppets in the office).

"The notion that Russia has not engaged in planning coups d'etat is laughable."
So, there're no saints, but "friends" (selling you out at the first opportunity - how exactly nato got recent new members, what was a trade off? Ah I know - "it's different", "it's for a greater "good", "to fight a bigger "evil" "- CIVILIZED PEOPLE, HOW THE F YOU LIVE IN THIS SCHIZOPHRENIC STATE OF YOUR MIND?!! Do you have some magical scales - "alright, on this scalepan we put the tear of a baby and on that we put a good economy (or whatever material crap you care of), let's look... oh, perfect! honey, I guess we'll have another car! What do you mean "these brown babies gonna suffer", but, but... the scales, honey? they cant lie, it's 100% gov approved!") still exist in your mind. Interesting.
Btw not so long ago Russia helped Kazakhstan to prevent a coup, as it did in Syria a while ago. Enlightened west is running with a box of matches all over the world like a maniac and Russia is putting out fires left after him. Wonderful picture!
Last edited by napshnap on Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:42 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Derek27

A happy story on Sky News. Ukrainian family whose house has been bombed went back and found their cat safe and well. :D
Last edited by Derek27 on Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenmark

napshnap wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:56 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:36 pm
napshnap wrote:

Greenmark, do you read international news sometimes? Think about one of natos major players leader recent shameful voyage and some naughty natos members.

"Can you explain this, because I don't understand it"
The country dont have "human resources", capable civil society to do what you always say it should do (in a civilized manner, the country don't need your or anyone else's muppets in the office).

"The notion that Russia has not engaged in planning coups d'etat is laughable."
So, there're no saints, but "friends" (selling you out at the first opportunity - how exactly nato got recent new members, what was a trade off? Ah I know - "it's different", "it's for a greater "good", "to fight a bigger "evil" "- CIVILIZED PEOPLE, HOW THE F YOU LIVE IN THIS SCHIZOPHRENIC STATE OF YOUR MIND?!! Do you have some magical scales - "alright, on this scalepan we put the tear of a baby and on that we put a good economy (or whatever material crap you care of), let's look... oh, perfect! honey, I guess we'll have another car! What do you mean "these brown babies gonna suffer", but, but... the scales, honey? they cant lie, it's 100% gov approved!") still exist in your mind. Interesting.
Btw not so long ago Russia helped Kazakhstan to prevent a coup, as it did in Syria a while ago. Enlightened west is running with a box of matches all over the world like a maniac and Russia is putting out fires left after him. Wonderful picture!
Its going to take a while for me to process that, buddy. Will respond ASAIC,
napshnap

Sure, it's not easy topic.
alexmr2

Putin is a good guy. He hands out free sweets and ice cream to the kids and dogs. It's a shame the Ukranian Azof Zelensky Battalion kept ordering their troops to kill civillians since 2014 so Putin had to step in to stop the violence, and then was blamed as the bad guy
Archery1969

alexmr2 wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:31 pm
Putin is a good guy. He hands out free sweets and ice cream to the kids and dogs. It's a shame the Ukranian Azof Zelensky Battalion kept ordering their troops to kill civillians since 2014 so Putin had to step in to stop the violence, and then was blamed as the bad guy
Putin is a fcuking tosser. Hopefully he dies very soon.
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:46 pm
alexmr2 wrote:
Putin is a fcuking tosser. Hopefully he dies very soon.
With Covid out of the limelight Alex just needs a new topic to take the other side of the argument. :roll:
napshnap

alexmr2 wrote:
Dont worry, few years'll pass by and after another few heartwarming vids with doggies the western "goldfish memory span" public will forget everything. It's just a temp role for him. By this time another bad boy will be appointed and archer will wish him terrible non-christian things.
This hypocritical spiral of "good and evil" opposition will never end (ok ok, maybe it will end at some point what archer'll have to give his last underpants to priests of war to fund another "holy war"). Blair said that military spendings should be raised so get ready boys...

Trader Pat

I'm starting to think these type of threads should be in a separate part of the forum. I've 'contributed' myself to this and other similiar threads but they have nothing to do with trading.

My suggestion would be that only trading related topics show under 'new posts'.
greenmark

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:51 pm
I'm starting to think these type of threads should be in a separate part of the forum. I've 'contributed' myself to this and other similiar threads but they have nothing to do with trading.

My suggestion would be that only trading related topics show under 'new posts'.
It is in the chill out area. Ironically.

Return to “Chill Out Area”