ChrisF

Hi Dallas

How do I create custom Ranking in In Play Trader
Dallas

ChrisF wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:47 pm
Hi Dallas

How do I create custom Ranking in In Play Trader

You need to create a rule in Guardian which puts the selections in the ranking order you want to use, ie, by position, traded volume etc

I have a few example which i'll upload between now and the weekend in which the IPT uses custom rankings, or if you look at the .baf file included in the example I uploaded earlier today
viewtopic.php?f=78&t=25269

That has rules which already custom rank selections by their speed, the examples i'll be uploading in the coming days will use them so you'll see how it works better but you can can always take a look at the rules now and they might help get you started
AngelsWithDirtyFaces

Automation

‘Stored a value’ & ‘Stored Value condition’ pages of the Automation Rules Editor: a 'Price of a selection' subcategory has been created to tidy-up the picklist and allow 2nd & 3rd best prices to be offered as price options
I've come across a problem when I have interacted with this new 'Price of a selection' subcategory drop down list.

If, afterwards, I create a new condition or edit an existing one (in the same rule) to test unmatched bet information of a selection (numbers or values) and choose the 'At a price' option, the drop down box labelled 'Price used for lookup of unmatched bet information' doesn't get fully propagated with the correct options.

This drop down box now offers the same options as the 'Price of a selection' drop down above. What is missing are the options to choose 'Held in a stored value', 'Historical Stored Value' and 'Entered Amount'. If a pre-existing condition had used (say) 'Held in a stored value' the rule produces an error when clicking the 'Apply' button asking me to select a price for the unmatched bet test

Weirdly If you load a new instance of bet angel and go directly to a rule that doesn't contain a 'Price of Selection' condition but does have a 'Unmatched Bet Information of a Selection' condition then the 'Price used for lookup of unmatched bet information' drop down box is correctly propagated with all of the usual options.

Unfortunately I cannot replicate this error 100% of the time so I may not have fully described the subtlety of the bug. It was difficult enough to describe as it is :)

Has anyone else had this issue?
Cheers.

P.S. I've also tried reinstalling Bet Angel in case of a corrupted installation.
P.P.S. The rules file I was editing was created with an earlier version of Bet Angel
AngelsWithDirtyFaces

Here's a shot of the drop down with some options missing.

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

AngelsWithDirtyFaces wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:27 am
Thanks - we'll try to recreate the bug here. The contents of that picklist dynamically changes based on the context of the rest of the rule, so it sounds like one of the update triggers isn't working. You might be able to trick it into reconfiguring by changing one of the other values on the screen and changing it back again.
AngelsWithDirtyFaces

Bet Angel wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:57 pm
Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:27 am
Thanks - we'll try to recreate the bug here. The contents of that picklist dynamically changes based on the context of the rest of the rule, so it sounds like one of the update triggers isn't working. You might be able to trick it into reconfiguring by changing one of the other values on the screen and changing it back again.
Thanks for the response. I haven't yet found a way of changing other values on the screen to enforce a re-progagation but I'll keep trying.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:01 pm

Thanks for the response. I haven't yet found a way of changing other values on the screen to enforce a re-progagation but I'll keep trying.
We've just re-created the issue, so will work on a fix. We were able to force the Price picklist to repopulate by first filling in the three 'Information' picklists for the 'Type of Unmatched Bet information to extract...' section, then changing the Value A to 'the Money available to Back at a price for a selection' and then change it back to 'Unmatched Bet information of a selection'.... at which point the Price picklist contains the options to lookup a price based on Stored Value etc.

Hopefully that'll work for you and you can use that as a workaround while we fix it.
AngelsWithDirtyFaces

Bet Angel wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:43 pm
Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:01 pm

We've just re-created the issue, so will work on a fix. We were able to force the Price picklist to repopulate by first filling in the three 'Information' picklists for the 'Type of Unmatched Bet information to extract...' section, then changing the Value A to 'the Money available to Back at a price for a selection' and then change it back to 'Unmatched Bet information of a selection'.... at which point the Price picklist contains the options to lookup a price based on Stored Value etc.

Hopefully that'll work for you and you can use that as a workaround while we fix it.
Thanks

I've just walked through that fix and the price drop down does repopulate to include 'held in another stored value' option. However, upon clicking 'Apply' the drop down once more reverts to the incorrect population of options and generates an error message.

So any further advice would be appreciated, but if you're working on a fix then I wouldn't want you to spend too long on a workaround as I'm happy to wait. Just glad you've managed to recreate the issue and I don't have a corrupted installation.
Just_nobody

Hi Dallas,

Is the new in-play trader features only for horse racing or is there something that can also be useful for football?

thanks
Dallas

Just_nobody wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:32 am
Hi Dallas,

Is the new in-play trader features only for horse racing or is there something that can also be useful for football?

thanks
The In-Play Trader has always been just for horse racing markets (what's new is a substantial number of new options and tools have been added to it to make it fully customizable a bit like the one-click screen etc)

Football has its own profiling tool called Soccer Mystic
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/bet ... _tool.html
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12116
weemac

Since installing the new beta, I've started getting an ever increasing number of rejected orders with the message "An error occurred while updating bet persistence. The entire order has been rejected."

Greening bets get placed away from the current price, a signal gets set accordingly, then Take SP fires, but then the greening bets often get cancelled with that error message . This is the same file I've used without problem on previous versions, so I'm stumped.

Anyone else?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:57 pm
I've just walked through that fix and the price drop down does repopulate to include 'held in another stored value' option. However, upon clicking 'Apply' the drop down once more reverts to the incorrect population of options and generates an error message.

So any further advice would be appreciated, but if you're working on a fix then I wouldn't want you to spend too long on a workaround as I'm happy to wait. Just glad you've managed to recreate the issue and I don't have a corrupted installation.
We've managed to recreate that error message too. Seems to happen when a condition testing the unmatched bets appears after a condition that has tested the price of the selection. So temporarily you could move your Unmatched Bets conditions to the top of the conditions list and set the 'Price' picklist of those conditions before pressing Apply. We should be able to issue a fix for this on Monday.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

weemac wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:53 pm
Since installing the new beta, I've started getting an ever increasing number of rejected orders with the message "An error occurred while updating bet persistence. The entire order has been rejected."

Greening bets get placed away from the current price, a signal gets set accordingly, then Take SP fires, but then the greening bets often get cancelled with that error message . This is the same file I've used without problem on previous versions, so I'm stumped.

Anyone else?
We haven't seen that during testing (and have tested Taking SP on hundreds of live bets of various prices), but maybe it's some combination of price and stake size. See if you can spot any patterns and send logs into support and we'll see if we can recreate it. Not sure if it'll matter, but is your betfair account using GBP as the currency?
Derek27

Finally stopped trading long enough to install the new version on all PCs. :D

Great job! Like the matched/partially matched sound alerts, it's even got a penny shaver filter. Win status and the ability to fire rules when the market's suspended are valuable additions.
jamesedwards

Bet Angel wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:51 am

Win Status
  • The Win Status of a selection will be set by betfair as the market is closed and this can now be displayed on a one-click custom column, in the Ladder’s Additional Info area, on the Guardian markets list & in a Watch List (both as custom columns). It can also be sent to Excel and used in Automation.
I can't figure out how to add this to the Guardian market list. I was expecting to find them somewhere in custom columns but can't find anything relevant.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”