New beta version of Bet Angel v1.59.0 - Now on general release

AngelsWithDirtyFaces

Bet Angel wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:41 pm
AngelsWithDirtyFaces wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:57 pm
So any further advice would be appreciated, but if you're working on a fix then I wouldn't want you to spend too long on a workaround as I'm happy to wait. Just glad you've managed to recreate the issue and I don't have a corrupted installation.
We've believe we've fixed this, although as the bug seemed to be the 'price of selection' and 'unmatched bet information' Stored Value conditions clashing with each other, it's not the easiest to test. It's certainly solved the issues we saw here during bug recreation.

Please download and install again from the link in the first post and let us know if it also solves the bug for you.
Have downloaded the fix and all seems to be looking good.
Thanks as always for the outstanding service (and product)
jamesedwards

Bet Angel wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:35 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:31 pm
Thanks for looking into it. Hopefully it can be changed without issue. It always sorted them the correct way (1 then 1A) when both horses had the "1" cloth, don't know how it did this.
We've fixed this and patched the build (at least it worked on a 1A selection last night!). Please download and install again from the link in the first post.
Thanks, the speedy fix is very much appreciated.

I've not been able to check it myself yet because there are no markets today with coupled horses but will confirm asap later in the week.
tlkjb

Sound Alerts (via Bet Angel Settings)
New sound alerts for partial matching and complete matching of a bet
In-play / Suspended / Countdown / Bet Matched alerts now have options to monitor all trading screens and Guardian markets if you want to extend the alerts beyond the main trading screen
Would be a nice option for these alerts to have the possibility to select "All Trading Screens and Guardian WITHOUT the Main Trading Screen"
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

tlkjb wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:34 pm
Would be a nice option for these alerts to have the possibility to select "All Trading Screens and Guardian WITHOUT the Main Trading Screen"
I think most people tend to have the market they are using on the main screen loaded into Guardian too, so with that option selected you'd still get the same alerts as Guardian would trigger it instead of the main screen.
jamesedwards

I use an old PC just for churning commission and run multiple concurrent instances of Bet Angel on it. Previously I was able to use the usual 'interactive log-in' for each instance but since updating to v1.59.0 I get the following error when I try to open and log-into any other than the first.

Is this a deliberate change? Not sure how old my previous version was.

auth.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
49ers

Hi Dallas,

With the latest new additions is it possible to set a signal within a rule to indicate that the previous race has finished?

This would be really useful as an indicator to liquidity about to pickup.

Thanks
Dallas

49ers wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:41 am
Hi Dallas,

With the latest new additions is it possible to set a signal within a rule to indicate that the previous race has finished?

This would be really useful as an indicator to liquidity about to pickup.

Thanks
That's been possible for a while from a manual/alert perspective, but I suppose if you wanted to be precise to the second then you could now trigger an alert rule as soon as it suspends rather than just when a runner odds hits 1.01 - but I'd still tend to favour the later as an alert the race is 'almost' complete
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=13448
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

jamesedwards wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:21 am
I use an old PC just for churning commission and run multiple concurrent instances of Bet Angel on it. Previously I was able to use the usual 'interactive log-in' for each instance but since updating to v1.59.0 I get the following error when I try to open and log-into any other than the first.

Nothing changed in this build would have caused that. The server has been running fine and no other reports of issues either.
We did move across the using Microsoft Edge rather than Internet Explorer a couple of versions ago, so might be worth checking that Edge works properly on that laptop. Does login work if you don't use 'interactive log-in', or is there some reason you have to use that method?
Tuco

well done BA for once again upgrading the best trading software available!

once again, don't think there's much for a non-horse racing trader but I'll take a good look into how the new features can be used in the events I do trade which is everything except horses and dogs.

just wondered whether the inplay trader could include 4th best market price, 5th best market price and 6th best market price in the drop-down list which begins with "price based on mouse position" - hope that would be an easy addition to upgrade those three price points into the software final release.

thanks in advance of this simple upgrade :)
Tuco

...don't know whether it's deliberate, but v1.59.0_b1 is not removing selections from a market when they have been removed by Betfair - there are many examples of this that I've come across over the past couple of days, but here's a couple:

English Premier League - Relegation 2021/22

Betfair have SETTLED and REMOVED Liverpool from the above market which now has 19 selections.

BetAngel v1.59.0_b1 still shows 20 selections including Liverpool though you can't place any bets on Liverpool - if you try and place any bets a message at the bottom says: "That runner does not exist in the market"

...is this a bug or a deliberate piece of code?

another example:

English Premier League - Rock Bottom 2021/22

Betfair have SETTLED and REMOVED Man City & Liverpool from the above market which now has 18 selections.

BetAngel v1.59.0_b1 still shows 20 selections including Man City & Liverpool though you can't place any bets on Man City or Liverpool - if you try and place any bets a message at the bottom says: "That runner does not exist in the market"
jamesedwards

Bet Angel wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:22 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:21 am

Nothing changed in this build would have caused that. The server has been running fine and no other reports of issues either.
We did move across the using Microsoft Edge rather than Internet Explorer a couple of versions ago, so might be worth checking that Edge works properly on that laptop. Does login work if you don't use 'interactive log-in', or is there some reason you have to use that method?
I was and still am using Edge on that PC with no issues. Yes the manual log-in allows me to create the usual amount of simultaneous instances. Just bit of a pain using two-step authentication every time.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Tuco wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:58 pm
English Premier League - Rock Bottom 2021/22

Betfair have SETTLED and REMOVED Man City & Liverpool from the above market which now has 18 selections.

BetAngel v1.59.0_b1 still shows 20 selections including Man City & Liverpool though you can't place any bets on Man City or Liverpool - if you try and place any bets a message at the bottom says: "That runner does not exist in the market"
They haven't removed the selections, they've just marked them as LOSER. We now keep Winner, Placed & Loser in the display so that people can see the win status after the event, but hadn't realised this is what happens to longer term markets. We'll look into it and hopefully will be able to remove the selections until the market is fully settled.
Tuco

the following screenshots shows BetAngel Market Overview and Inplay Trader displaying 33 selections in the UEFA Champions League - Winner 2021/22 market, whereas Betfair (through Firefox) displays just 12 selections in the UEFA Champions League - Winner 2021/22 market as the losing selections have been removed (or are not shown) from the screen and bets on those losing selections are settled.

With losing selections still being shown in the BetAngel market, there are certain BA features you cannot use - if you try to plasce any bets on the losing selections that Betfair have removed, you get the message across the bottom of the BetAngel screen:

"That runner does not exist in the market"

If you're in any doubt about this, then load the UEFA Champions League - Winner 2021/22 market into BetAngel, click on the 'Manual bet' tab, set the odds for all to 2.0, set the lay stake for all to £2 and then click the "Lay All" button - none of the £2 lay bets at 2.0 will have been entered into the market and the bottom of the screen message will say:

"That runner does not exist in the market"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ODPaul82

Had a quick scan through and not seen anyone post this but if a market starts a bit early (for example currently on a tennis match Lehecka/Etcheverry) even though the market is in-play it's still doing the countdown WAV sounds (i.e. 5 minutes, 1 minute, 30 seconds, 10 seconds)
Euler

ODPaul82 wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:01 pm
Had a quick scan through and not seen anyone post this but if a market starts a bit early (for example currently on a tennis match Lehecka/Etcheverry) even though the market is in-play it's still doing the countdown WAV sounds (i.e. 5 minutes, 1 minute, 30 seconds, 10 seconds)
This happened on the first beta, but we released a patch to stop this. You will need to download the beta again to eliminate this issue.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”