Excel Formula

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
rogerramjet

Could somebody who knows more about formulas than I do
give me the drum on this one.

I want to lay both horses in-play if they are trading at less than $1.70 lets say.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Cheers........Rogerramjet.
MarketTrader

When you say $1.70 I presume you mean the price?

If so I would urge caution if trying to take advantage of this. There are probably thousands of people waiting for an unbalanced book like this. Some of them using Bet Angel, some not and some probably at Betfair themselves waiting to hoover all these things up.

But by the time your spreadsheet has reacted and sent in the required bets I can tell you from experience that the prices you want will no longer be available as in-play markets move faster than light.
Zapata

I tried to do this using VBA and unfortunately MarketTrader is correct. In the long run it loses money.

Even only laying when both horses were coming down in price or 3 horses under 3's and 4 horses under 4's etc brought no joy.

The problem is the delay.
LeTiss

As previously mentioned, the delay makes it difficult.

If your testing a strategy, the easiest thing to do is to set up those lay odds pre-event, then press keep all

This is the best way to hoover up the any 'in play' fluctuations, but also it picks up fat fingers or dodgy bots
mister man

face it, if you are relying on "fat fingers, dodgy bots" or others mistakes to be succesful, you are in trouble.
every little bit might help you in tescos, but not long term on betfair.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”