boris and rishi partygate fines

A place to discuss anything.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:39 pm
greenmark wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:08 pm
The only market with any money in it
"Boris Johnson PM for 2022 Conservative Conference?" is showing him at 1.29.
Does that market have money in it, two-figure sums and a 7-tick spread?

Other than the bonker US election market I haven't looked at political markets much but it seems nobody really wants to take a position in it.
460,000 right now
Edit: Ah see what you mean - not total, but current activity.
Doh! This is why I find this stuff so hard. I'm thick.
Derek27

I wouldn't like to be a cabinet minister asked for an opinion about BJ. Support him and you alienate his haters and risk going down with him. Distance yourself from him and you alienate his supporters and risk getting demoted. Refusing to comment won't work either, you piss everybody off and look weak and indecisive. :)
MemphisFlash

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:49 pm
I wouldn't like to be a cabinet minister asked for an opinion about BJ. Support him and you alienate his haters and risk going down with him. Distance yourself from him and you alienate his supporters and risk getting demoted. Refusing to comment won't work either, you piss everybody off and look weak and indecisive. :)

you would't get elected as nobody likes you! :D :D :D
Derek27

MemphisFlash wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:49 am
Derek27 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:49 pm

you would't get elected as nobody likes you! :D :D :D
It doesn't matter, because as I said, I wouldn't like to be a cabinet minister. :roll:
Tuco

jamesedwards wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:29 pm
I hope so. One party having a monopoly on power for too long can't be good for the country, and much better a centre-leaning Labour party wins in 2025 than some crazy far-left version we might otherwise end up with in 2030.
...still plenty of time for the hard-left in Labour to self-destruct the party - they are still annoyed at what happened to that nut-job Corbyn. Labour is finished - maybe the party will split.
Derek27

Justice minister first to resign. The Telegraph thinks BJ may get 3 more fines. Don't think it will make any difference how many fines he's slapped with, he won't be going quietly.

I haven't heard anyone as yet raise the question, why doesn't the organiser of these parties get the £10K fine, as many householders and students did during the lockdown?
to75ne

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:56 am

I haven't heard anyone as yet raise the question, why doesn't the organiser of these parties get the £10K fine, as many householders and students did during the lockdown?
it appears that is what the police are looking into now, done the easy ones now looking into the more serious ones , probably johnsons bint is in line for a ten large for supposedly organising a good riddance gathering for cummings.
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:56 am
Justice minister first to resign. The Telegraph thinks BJ may get 3 more fines. Don't think it will make any difference how many fines he's slapped with, he won't be going quietly.

You mean Martin Reynolds, Isn't there an unwritten rule that senior civil servants have allot of autonomy, hard to fire without huge payouts and get massive pensions and usually a job for life ?
Derek27

I suspect the bakery that made the cake will get a £10K fine.
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:42 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:25 pm
... (suitcase fulls) of alcohol, invitations to bring your own booze, etc.
So you have evidence of suitcases full of booze? And if "bring your own booze" then I assume people went to work that morning with a suitcase full of booze! BTW have you ever tried to pick up a suitcase full of booze let alone carry it?
Suitcases come with wheels and with the billions UK taxpayers are paying the government I think No. 10 can afford a cab.

It was reported (and not denied by Downing St) that somebody was sent to an off licence to fill a suitcase when the booze (or perhaps the last suitcase full) ran out.

Even at my age, I can still carry 2 18-packs of beer home from the supermarket, so I think one of the wimps at No. 10 can carry or wheel a suitcase full out to the cab. The cab driver would do the rest. :D
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:10 pm
Suitcases come with wheels and with the billions UK taxpayers are paying the government I think No. 10 can afford a cab.

It was reported (and not denied by Downing St) that somebody was sent to an off licence to fill a suitcase when the booze (or perhaps the last suitcase full) ran out.

Even at my age, I can still carry 2 18-packs of beer home from the supermarket, so I think one of the wimps at No. 10 can carry or wheel a suitcase full out to the cab. The cab driver would do the rest. :D
:lol: I think we have different images for "suitcases full of booze"! :lol:
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:14 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:10 pm

:lol: I think we have different images for "suitcases full of booze"! :lol:
I suppose it's natural that BJ supporters will imagine a small case with 3 or 4 bottles of wine and a lot of cardboard packaging, whilst his haters would visualise the largest suitcase available, jam-packed and bulging with bottles of wine. But it doesn't really matter how big the suitcase was or even if they needed to refill it - they shouldn't have been partying in the first place.
firlandsfarm

For the sanity of others I think we have exhausted this one :D I don't accept that a glass of wine doth a party make.
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:45 am
For the sanity of others I think we have exhausted this one :D I don't accept that a glass of wine doth a party make.
Nothing seems to get through to you! A glass of wine, party or not is irrelevant. The question is, did he break lock down rules? The police say he did, he's not contesting so the matter is settled and he was clearly lying when he said all rules were followed.
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:30 pm
firlandsfarm wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:45 am
Nothing seems to get through to you! A glass of wine, party or not is irrelevant. The question is, did he break lock down rules? The police say he did, he's not contesting so the matter is settled and he was clearly lying when he said all rules were followed.
And what's not getting through to you is if he didn't think he was breaking the rules (which did not define what a party is) then he cannot be lying. The police didn't say he was lying. It would be like if I said you are a genius and then I find out you are not a genius I was not lying to say you were! :o

Return to “General discussion”