UK General Election 2024 (or 25)

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:57 am
Lastest polling:
  • SNP would be the official opposition.
    Only 32% of Con voters in 2019 disgree with the statement "are the Conservatives fundamentally corrupt"
    Only 13% of all voters in 2019 disgree with the statement "are the Conservatives fundamentally corrupt"

Like a gunman looking to see if he's missed anyone, their parting gift will probably be those Gambling Commission "reforms".

https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/blo ... 30209.html
Technically, it's not a statement, it's a question, so it can't be wrong. :P
Derek27

Archangel wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:44 am
It would probably be good for the Tories to spend a couple of election cycles in opposition to have a good think about things
It would probably be good for the Tories to... [removed by moderator] :D
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Lastest polling:
    Only 32% of Con voters in 2019 disgree with the statement "are the Conservatives fundamentally corrupt"
    Only 13% of all voters in 2019 disgree with the statement "are the Conservatives fundamentally corrupt"

Like a gunman looking to see if he's missed anyone, their parting gift will probably be those Gambling Commission "reforms".

I hope that poll's accurate. This one only has Labour winning by 44 seats, although some high-profile Tory scalps should be taken.

https://www.politics.co.uk/reference/la ... ion-polls/
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:42 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Lastest polling:

I hope that poll's accurate. This one only has Labour winning by 44 seats, although some high-profile Tory scalps should be taken.

https://www.politics.co.uk/reference/la ... ion-polls/
The Tories won’t lose as many seats as most people think because of further boundary changes coming in. It will most likely be a hung parliament. Labour will form a government but need the Libs to get things through the statute books. That won’t always be a given as dems will want massive concessions. Can’t see any party doing deals with the SNP, who at some point will be kicked out of Westminster anyway when Scotland leaves the union. Having said all that the public finances will be so bad that previous financial commitments will need to be seriously cut back, watered down until 2027, at least.
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:25 pm
[It will most likely be a hung parliament.
Get your money on, it's trading at 3.3 at the moment.
Euler

greenmark wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:58 pm
Why do I need to do that to b-a-d-g-e-r- ??
We should probably remove that one. He renamed himself anyhow.

Historically, we suffered from people trying to spam the forum, get backlinks or promote other sites. So put measures in place to stop that. We use automated word censoring to achieve most of that as it will replace one word or URL with another.

So spam, abuse or links to web sites that are abusive or have known issues will be included as we become aware of them.

But it's a generally light touch thing.
greenmark

Euler wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:36 am
greenmark wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:58 pm
Why do I need to do that to b-a-d-g-e-r- ??
We should probably remove that one. He renamed himself anyhow.

Historically, we suffered from people trying to spam the forum, get backlinks or promote other sites. So put measures in place to stop that. We use automated word censoring to achieve most of that as it will replace one word or URL with another.

So spam, abuse or links to web sites that are abusive or have known issues will be included as we become aware of them.

But it's a generally light touch thing.
OK I understand the approach you're taking and agree 100%. Thanks for the clarification from Kai and youself.
Derek27

I figured it out, but first I had to google "Old Centaur employee", and then "the badger trader". :)
greenmark

Blimey didn't see that one coming.

"Nicola Sturgeon to resign as Scotland's first minister".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-64647907
Archangel

greenmark wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:40 am
Blimey didn't see that one coming.

"Nicola Sturgeon to resign as Scotland's first minister".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-64647907
I suppose she has the grace to leave on her own valition.

Not like the Tory leaders that have to be dug out like badgers
Derek27

No market as yet, but a quote from Stephen Kerr MSP:

Nicola Sturgeon looked around at the mess of her own making: gender reform, NHS crisis, strikes, council funding, A9 delays, education disaster, ferries, and more... And she threw in the towel.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:55 pm

Nicola Sturgeon looked around at the mess of her own making: gender reform, NHS crisis, strikes, council funding, A9 delays, education disaster, ferries, and more... And she threw in the towel.
From a Tory whose party are virtually irrelevent in Scottish politics, as are Labour. The departing FM has overseen a rock solid SNP majority.
I thought she was determined to see things out but she clearly has got the hump with the toxicity developing in the SNP and the opposition, and decided to do somethng else.
Archery1969

greenmark wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:12 pm
Derek27 wrote:

From a Tory whose party are virtually irrelevent in Scottish politics, as are Labour. The departing FM has overseen a rock solid SNP majority.
I thought she was determined to see things out but she clearly has got the hump with the toxicity developing in the SNP and the opposition, and decided to do somethng else.
She was born a man and therefore had to go after the gender reform chaos……..
greenmark

Archery1969 wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:48 pm
greenmark wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:12 pm
Derek27 wrote:

She was born a man and therefore had to go after the gender reform chaos……..
That's a bit below the belt.
Derek27

WTF is Liz Truss doing speaking in Japan? Who in their right mind would give her a microphone? :lol:

Return to “Political betting & arguing”