Happy Easter Everyone!

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

Crazyskier wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:42 pm
sionascaig wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:07 pm
Our laws were built on pagan Roman laws.

Would have done just fine without all the church repression that followed.

Good to see its on the way out despite what all those religious snowflakes want.

Looking forward to the Age of Reason, shame its taking so long to come about.
Good Lord, do you read at all Sionascaig? The very school you likely attended is as a direct result of the Church! As are many other fabulous institutions and systems by which we run this land. And have done for Centuries.

I think I'll leave the thread there as one can't reason with fools, let alone hope to have a reasonable debate based upon historical facts. This thread was intended for well-meaning Easter wishes, to the Faithful and secular alike, in the same vein as Christmas wishes. I'm both astonished and disappointed in so much anti-Christian sentiment and closed minds.

I'll comment no further here.

CS
The only fool on this thread is you. sionascaig's comments make perfect sense. You just struggle to understand as you've been brainwashed from an early age. I'm sure we all knew that your innocent-looking happy easter post was just a precursor to talk about Jesus.

By the way, it's not very Christian-like to call somebody a fool just because they disagree with you. :)
greenmark

All I'd say is I took CS's initial post in the spirit intended. I could debate religion all night long but have minimal knowledge because I basically ditched religion before I was 12 years old and have only looked into it since because I don't know why people get so animated about it. Anyhow. That's my two penneth.

But as I'm agnostic if anyone can prove the existence of an overarching power (be it diety or something beyond known physics) I'm all ears. :-)
Emmson

I'm not about convincing others there is a deity, I just know there is, cut the middlemen out though GO DIRECT no need for organized religion which has been corrupted by man.

Even the Dalai Lama is being found out, the latest on him *shakes head vigorously*
greenmark

Emmson wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:28 pm
I'm not about convincing others there is a deity, I just know there is, cut the middlemen out though GO DIRECT no need for organized religion which has been corrupted by man.

Even the Dalai Lama is being found out, the latest on him *shakes head vigorously*
Yeah that "tongue thing" took me aback for sure. In the current climate it would be interpreted as an abuser in plain view. But I don't know. I've seen him interviewed several times and he's very playful, but it was at least ill-advised.
But more importantly is your certainty of a deity (ta for not correcting my misspelling). The concept of belief without any tangible evidence fascinates me.
A good friend of mine also has that belief and is a practising Catholic.
Her answer to me when I asked why are you so sure there is a God was "what can I say? I just believe in God". I love her to bits so I was a bit flummoxed. It's a curious thing, I do think we should try to understand each other, rather than beating each other up.

I wish I had that belief in God but I'm a pedant. If I'm going to believe in something I need more than - there's something out there that isn't currently explained by science.
Hope this reach's you as it leaves me, which is curiosity and for everyone to get along.
Kai

Apologies if off-topic but I enjoyed Easter very much this year, best one in recent memory.

It's just a great opportunity to catch some quality time with the family etc.

Hopefully everyone can at least agree on that ;)
greenmark

Kai wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:38 pm
Apologies if off-topic but I enjoyed Easter very much this year, best one in recent memory.

It's just a great opportunity to catch some quality time with the family etc.

I'll go with that sentiment. :-)
Derek27

To me, Easter is a time when the shops are closed and the rubbish goes uncollected. :)
Archangel

Kai wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:38 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:48 pm
To me, Easter is a time when the shops are closed and the rubbish goes uncollected. :)
Used to be a mostly trading day for me, but I seem to be changing that habit :)

Although back on the grind tomorrow probably!
Derek27

Another religious leader and nutcase who's so out of touch with reality he doesn't realise wet kissing young boys is inappropriate, to put it mildly!

Happy Easter everyone. :lol:
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:04 pm
Another religious leader and nutcase who's so out of touch with reality he doesn't realise wet kissing young boys is inappropriate, to put it mildly!

Happy Easter everyone. :lol:
I see what you did there :D

Was notified about some deleted posts earlier, it appears others are struggling with this dilemma as well :)
Kai

Is it safe to say Happy Easter everyone this year without starting a religious discussion? :D

If not, nevermind!
Euler

Happy Chocolate for Breakfast Day.
sionascaig

Kai wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:37 am
Is it safe to say Happy Easter everyone this year without starting a religious discussion? :D

If not, nevermind!
I'm keeping quiet this time round - life is too short & we should take every opportunity to enjoy it )
Kai

sionascaig wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:48 am
Kai wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:37 am

If not, nevermind!
I'm keeping quiet this time round - life is too short & we should take every opportunity to enjoy it )
Sounds like a +EV approach 👍

"Life looks a bit short there" is definitely something a good trader would say, after examining the graph of overall life expectancy

Return to “General discussion”