greyhound win & place automation

We've gone to the dogs.
fumanshoe66

Hi,

Automation question i am hoping someone can help with.

If i place a lay bet on a selection in the win market of a greyhound race is it possible to use automation to trigger the same bet on the place market of the same race??
Dallas

If it was horse racing it would be quite straight forward using a Stored Value set at Event level

However unfortunately Betfair don't nest the greyhound win and place markets within the same event (which is quite odd and i'm not sure of there reason for this), but it means Bet Angel is unable to recognise a win and place market are of the same event

I've not tried it and depending on exactly what you are wanting to do you could possibly store the value of the market name at Bet Angel level, then use that as a condition on your place bet rule
fumanshoe66

Thanks for your reply Dallas.

Its pretty basic i have a bot running and if certain conditions are met a lay bet goes into the win market 1 minute before the off. I was then hoping that the same selection/bet could be automated to place a lay bet in the place market.

Was hoping it was more straightforward.

Thanks

Mark
getagrip68

I used to do this with both markets loaded into Guardian and linked to a spreadsheet e.g. sheet1 is the win market and sheet 2 the place market. An IF in statement in the command field on the place sheet read the win sheet to see if a bet had been place and then it would bet in the place market too.
ShaunWhite

Dallas wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:59 pm
but it means Bet Angel is unable to recognise a win and place market are of the same event
You can link dog markets on venue + time, and 99/100 the place MarketId is the win MarketId +1 and also the runners names are the same. BA could create an internal EventId to link them. Betfair obviously don't make this as easy as it is on other sports for the reason you describe, but it's a known issue with a reliable workaround.

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”