Market data scraper for Bet Angel

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
mtrehearn

I currently have a python web scraper that gets data from Betfair but what I want to do is incorporate it with Excel and Bet Angel so I can start automating things and recording profits / losses etc easier. My current scraper outputs a CSV file like the image attached.

I can then add some bits, do some calcs etc and then depending on results would like to place a bet on a particular horse(s) but this is a long time consuming process.

I am completely new to automation with Excel (but have tried bots before) so I have no idea where to start or how to get moving. Ideally first off I would like to know if I can import all of the information above that my scraper currently gets in to Excel from Bet Angel itself (rather than Betfair) for every race in precisely the format my scraper does, say 1 minute before the off?

What I want to achieve is to get that data in to a spreadsheet linked to Bet Angel in to set columns (as per image) and then have my calculations in the remaining columns doing all the maths so it will be a semi-template (?) and then place a bet for say 3 horses that meet conditions (hopefully that makes sense). I'd also like to record the winner of the race.

Ideally I'd like to start from the ground up on this so I can tailor it to me and the way I work.

If anyone can point me in the direction of how to start that would be amazing. Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
conduirez

Sorry bit late to the party but look at openpyxl and import it into your python code, it may do what you want.

Look at this as well https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/exc ... _data.html

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”