Guardian Quick Filter for AUS Thoroughbred Place Market

With Bet Angel you can customise just about everything. You can also export and import all the settings and layouts. Here are some examples.
bbran19

Hi,

I am trying to create a QUICK FILTER in Gaurdian for Thoroughbred PLACE market in Australia.

I am unable to find a way of filterng out Trots and Harness racing events which is straight forward in the WIN market Quick filter.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Bob
Anbell

bbran19 wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:09 am
Hi,

I am trying to create a QUICK FILTER in Gaurdian for Thoroughbred PLACE market in Australia.

I am unable to find a way of filterng out Trots and Harness racing events which is straight forward in the WIN market Quick filter.

Bob
I dont think there's a simple way to do it
bbran19

Thank you for your reply.
Dallas

bbran19 wrote:
Hi,

Bob
Use the following text filter in a market filter editor
Placed And Not Pace And Not Trot
bbran19

Thanks for that but the TROTS place descriptors do not contain TROT or PLACE.
Anbell

AFAIK there are a couple of ways to approach this problem
1. You can filter on the win market and then increment the final digit of the Market ID by (1) to get the place market ID (I think this works something like 98% of the time) (I dont know if you can do this in BA)
or 2. Many of the tracks with harness never have gallops, so you can manually exclude those tracks (this will solve maybe 60% of the problem)
bbran19

Thanks for the advice Anbell. Might have to try this.
jamesedwards

To use an automation on only place markets you could use book% conditions. eg only trigger when back book% is over 200%. This will eliminate all the win markets (except the ones that are a long time from off and have not yet formed a decent market).
Anbell

jamesedwards wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:13 am
To use an automation on only place markets you could use book% conditions. eg only trigger when back book% is over 200%. This will eliminate all the win markets (except the ones that are a long time from off and have not yet formed a decent market).
He's trying to isolate harness vs gallop within the universe of horse place markets. It is easy to do in the win market because it is in the name, but in the place market they are all named "to be placed" so it is difficult to differentiate
Dallas

Dallas wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:36 am
bbran19 wrote:
Hi,

Bob
Use the following text filter in a market filter editor
Placed And Not Pace And Not Trot
Ah I see, I thought it was a bit odd Anbell didn't suggest it before my post
ShaunWhite

Dallas wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:37 pm

Ah I see, I thought it was a bit odd Anbell didn't suggest it before my post
It's a similar weakness to the lack of event identifier.

The solution (in my system) is to disregard the flakey Betfair descriptor and construct a pseudo descriptor for all events at the same time and venue (and/or same selection names) . They usually have consecutive marketIds too. And then use the market type code to identify them as being win, place etc. You can also look at raceType for Harness, Flat, Hurdle, Chase, Bumper, NH Flat, Steeple or the numberOfWinners.

Betfair don't make it easy but you can code round it.

... You can construct pseudo event Ids that way too.
bbran19

Thank you all for the ideas.

Probably just as easy to add the place event manually.

Return to “Bet Angel - Customisation, settings, filters and coupons.”